PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Casey, Kevin Doyle(PATS REJECTS)

thecorner
20/08/2003, 9:56 PM
anyone remember the start of the season pats fans on here tellin us how sh!t doyler was and then recently telling us how crap casey was

wander what they have to say now
doyler is turning into a quality player
and from what ive seen of casey so far, looks as if he too could also be an excellent signing:D

dcnags
20/08/2003, 10:39 PM
Ya they look very good when attacking so i suppose they didn't fit in last season with the defensive play of set pieces athletic:D

Seriously though, Doyle is quality and Casey looks handy.

tiktok
21/08/2003, 3:24 AM
come on the corner, you don't expect them to back down do you???:D :D :D
they'll get a good look at doyler and casey flying down their respective wings from the donie forde in two weeks, and hopefully will get a chance to see them scoring too!!!

wws
21/08/2003, 9:31 AM
casey's alright but hardly great

doyle hasnt hit the highs of tony birds goals so he's not exactly worth talking about in terms of a goalscorer

Dodge
21/08/2003, 9:37 AM
I think you'll find Pats fans said Doyle was a great prospect. I certainly never slagged him off (considering its really only me and wws on here) Its probably true to say that he's the only player that left that we didn't want to leave.

I still think Casey isn't great but I don't think we were too scathing in our comments

wws
21/08/2003, 10:09 AM
definitely Doyle was the one player who's loss we all got p!ssed off about - good young talent - but the loss was lessened by the fact that he doesnt really score to many

NorthoftheLee
21/08/2003, 11:02 AM
that might have something to do with him playing on the wing....

his all round contribution has been excellent though...He def is a fans favourite....

Xlex
21/08/2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by dcnags
Ya they look very good when attacking so i suppose they didn't fit in last season with the defensive play of set pieces athletic:

what a comment... who were they playing for then... :confused:

Dodge
21/08/2003, 11:11 AM
Its not true either... Doyle did look good last year , its just that no one hear knew him. Casey was injured for some and was never a regular. Still don't rate him mind

Xlex
21/08/2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Dodge
Casey was injured for some and was never a regular.

probably because he got the absolute ****** ran outta him last year, he's was crocked along with quite a few former Pat's players...

Dodge
21/08/2003, 11:27 AM
Yeah but I can't say who's fault it was as the Cork lads will call me obsessed again...

In fairness though Casey always had injury problems though

thecorner
21/08/2003, 11:53 AM
all of a sudden the pats fans seem to rate doyler
i can remember queit plainly at the start of the season on this board they were glad to get rid of him:confused: :confused: :confused:

Macy
21/08/2003, 12:03 PM
You mean like here Doyle (http://foot.ie/t6309.htm) :D

wws
21/08/2003, 12:06 PM
egg on the face thecorner???? :D

Dodge
21/08/2003, 12:10 PM
Cheers Macy, was looking for that thread...

wws
21/08/2003, 12:12 PM
and people say we exaggerrate the cork OTT reaction to anything pats related! :D

thecorner
21/08/2003, 5:07 PM
wouldnt start saying that too soon wws
ryan casey will also prove ye wrong;)

Dodge
21/08/2003, 5:23 PM
like we proved you wrong...;)

pete
21/08/2003, 5:56 PM
Doyle seems to in a good run of form - suppose took him time to get sued to playing in midfield.

Casey seems to be better than other options tried left midfield this season but doesn't mean he'll be great - just that he better than the other choices there.

ian
21/08/2003, 6:43 PM
I agree with you on that on pete he is doing his job on that side of the pitch casey doyler is getting better in every game he playes in.

RedX
21/08/2003, 9:09 PM
I think Kevin Doyle is having a very good first season with City.He is very good on the ball and running at defenders.He runs infield with the ball rather than beating the full back down the line which is great to watch.The one thing i would like to see him improve is his distribution of the ball but i am sure that will improve in time.His commitment even when he is not on the ball has been very good also...

Casey seems different.He goes off on these masy sort of runs and is a very good crosser of the ball(Ollie Cahill take note).He seems fairly decent in the couple of games we have seen him and he does as mentioned bring a lot better balance to the side,which coincides with City playing very well since his arrival.My only concern is sometimes when he is not on the ball he does not seem to be interested.He is a big guy all the same and i am delighted that City have signed another cr*p ex-Pats player...

thecorner
22/08/2003, 1:25 AM
at least we have somethin that we never had before CROSSES GOIN IN 2 THE BOX
casey is supplying something we r missing