PDA

View Full Version : Where are all our fans?

rambler14
20/06/2008, 10:13 PM
:confused:

Not only were we bad on the pitch but I thought the attendence from Cobh was absolutely disgraceful. There was no more than 100 there and frankly it was a disgrace.
A huge game which got below average support and it was a disgrace to see the empty seats.:mad::(

micls
20/06/2008, 10:37 PM
:confused:

Not only were we bad on the pitch but I thought the attendence from Cobh was absolutely disgraceful. There was no more than 100 there and frankly it was a disgrace.
A huge game which got below average support and it was a disgrace to see the empty seats.:mad::(

I thoguth it was poor alright, but then again ours wasn't great either. There was no hype at all about this game for some reason

The Rebel Ram
20/06/2008, 10:38 PM
Was discusted myself
There was supposed to have been a big GAA game on at the same time that took a lot of the crowd.
Lets face it a good majority of the crowd that watch Rams are City supporters!

rambler14
20/06/2008, 10:40 PM
Was discusted myself
There was supposed to have been a big GAA game on at the same time that took a lot of the crowd.
Lets face it a good majority of the crowd that watch Rams are City supporters!

I forgot that.

Cobh's Intermidiate Hurlers were playing Eire Óg at 7pm in Pairc Ui Rinn.

Still a p!ss poor crowd from Cobh!:mad:

rambler14
20/06/2008, 10:55 PM
Cobh's Intermidiate Hurlers were playing Eire Óg at 7pm in Pairc Ui Rinn.

To complete a bad night for Cobh sport, they were also beaten 1-15(18) to 2-8(14):mad:

Redshanks
21/06/2008, 9:19 AM
Relax lads there was alot more from Cobh there than you think. We were in the opposite stand from all of you. We just didnt have much to shout about. You should have seen us all jump up and shout when we scored that goal (disallowed). The GAA game was a factor alright, but to honest, I actually met people from Cobh up there last night that I never saw in St Colmans Pk before! (unless they are closet City Fans).

A face
22/06/2008, 11:45 AM
There was load of Cobh fans spread throughout the ground on Friday. Just because they weren't in the away section doesn't mean they weren't there.

rambler14
22/06/2008, 12:04 PM
There was load of Cobh fans spread throughout the ground on Friday. Just because they weren't in the away section doesn't mean they weren't there.

I still feel that they should have come to the away section as the team would have saw more support and reacted better than they did. We were there to support Cobh Ramblers and as such we all should have supported Cobh Ramblers together.

6yardpunisha
22/06/2008, 12:09 PM
I still feel that they should have come to the away section as the team would have saw more support and reacted better than they did. We were there to support Cobh Ramblers and as such we all should have supported Cobh Ramblers together.

now thats just childish R14, people entitled to go where they want and possibly didnt want to be listening to you and your loudhailer:cool:

rambler14
22/06/2008, 12:14 PM
now thats just childish R14, people entitled to go where they want and possibly didnt want to be listening to you and your loudhailer:cool:

Whats the point of having an away section so??????:confused:

I gave up on the megaphone at half-time I felt peoples ears needed a rest............including mine:D

Allstar
22/06/2008, 12:22 PM
Whats the point of having an away section so??????:confused:

I gave up on the megaphone at half-time I felt peoples ears needed a rest............including mine:D

Ya u were wreckin my head!!!!

A face
22/06/2008, 7:05 PM

He's right though, i think all away fans should go into the one section as it creates a way better atmosphere. Its just collectively its far better.

Redshanks
23/06/2008, 8:36 AM
I heard he was wrecking Mikey Devine's head aswell! (lol)

rambler14
23/06/2008, 10:11 AM
I heard he was wrecking Mikey Devine's head aswell! (lol)

Impossible!

As I said I gave up on it at half-ime and it was the 2nd half all the trouble started........at least I was trying to get the vocal support going.

Redshanks
23/06/2008, 4:35 PM
Well done R-14, keep up the spirit!

ramsfan
23/06/2008, 5:14 PM
i was dissapointed alright with people for abandoning ship 20 mins before the end, true fans stay til end and if not happy with performance let them know dont just walk away while goin gets tough:mad:

MainManRam
23/06/2008, 6:07 PM
i was dissapointed alright with people for abandoning ship 20 mins before the end, true fans stay til end and if not happy with performance let them know dont just walk away while goin gets tough
:eek::rolleyes::D
You are havin a laugh right. You think your a better fan than me because you stayed there and watched the team be humiliated. Do you think the players are there saying to themselves "Aren't they great there staying watching us make arses of ourselves we will play better next time"
Give me a break.
If more people left they might have known what a shambles it was.
Easy to spot the people who don't pay 15 euros every game.

bellavistaman
23/06/2008, 6:55 PM
:eek::rolleyes::D
You are havin a laugh right. You think your a better fan than me because you stayed there and watched the team be humiliated. Do you think the players are there saying to themselves "Aren't they great there staying watching us make arses of ourselves we will play better next time"
Give me a break.
If more people left they might have known what a shambles it was.
Easy to spot the people who don't pay 15 euros every game.

Whats your arguement there?? Ramsfan is a season ticket holder so he has paid to get in, and id presume he paid the other night as it was away. I'd also imagine the team realise what a shambles it was.

And ive said it before about your signature??
Is it the only game of the seaosn you attend or what as the echo stated saturday cork city game sare irrelevant for us, its the likes of sligo ucd are big ones

ramblers
23/06/2008, 7:25 PM
What constitutes a true fan!!

I paid 15 euro to watch ramblers play unfortuantly ramblers werent playing so I left after the 3rd goal as I knew it was not going to improve. In fact having watched it again on MNS it should have been 6 or 7 for city.

This is the first game I have ever walked out of in 20 years of following ramblers the reason I walked out of this one was because of the lack of heart and commitment from the players.

So I guess I can cross myself off the TRUE FAN list!!

Allstar
23/06/2008, 8:06 PM

I paid 15 euro to watch ramblers play unfortuantly ramblers werent playing so I left after the 3rd goal as I knew it was not going to improve. In fact having watched it again on MNS it should have been 6 or 7 for city.

This is the first game I have ever walked out of in 20 years of following ramblers the reason I walked out of this one was because of the lack of heart and commitment from the players.

Jesus chill out wil ya!!!

ramsfan
23/06/2008, 8:16 PM

i didnt call into question your loyalty what i was trying to say was if you thought the team played crap , dont just walk and talk on internet , let them know at end of game which is what i exactly did :mad:

ramblers
23/06/2008, 8:53 PM
And I am sure they all appreciated your view. Sometimes it is better to say nothing to them as I am sure they know without anyone having to spell it out.

ramsfan
23/06/2008, 9:38 PM
half the problem with this club is people go around makin comments behind peoples backs if we were all alittle more brave and spoke our minds it would be a better place, and that exactly what i did spoke my mind:ball:

Redshanks
24/06/2008, 8:44 AM
The players saw the 5 goals hit the net like the rest of us. They were hurting I would say alot more than us, so there is absolutely nothing to be gained by any fan rubbing it in further. Encourgament and support probably would be far more productive for any wounded player. Something has to be done and every player knows that, but slagging them off isnt the answer. And lets forget about all those negative comments like "I was never so embarrassed" seems to me, that people who felt embarrassment were more concerned about what Cork City fans felt or saw them than their own or their teams feelings. Get a grip lads!