PDA

View Full Version : FAI Cup Quater Final V St. Pats

Estar
18/08/2003, 6:45 PM
Excellent draw. Nice short trip to our near neighbours. Hopefully we can get a draw and bring them back to the Station Road.:D
I'm sure they will know all about Philly Hughes.
As far as I know the FAI Cup has not been kind to Pat's in the past few year's. I know a few County supporters used to support Pats before changing. We will have to watch the birdman.;) I'd say the players and management are delighted with the draw, these are the games everyone wants to be involved in. The prize for the winners is a semi-final spot, I'm sure the lads will be up for it.:cool:

Their record in this years FAI Cup

25.07.03 v Shamrock Rovers 3-2
Maguire, Bird, Byrne

15.08.03 v Dublin City 3-0
Freeman, Osam, Livingstone

Countyman
19/08/2003, 8:34 AM
Yes I'm happy with the draw too. Would have prefered it in Station Road but this is what the cup is all about.

There will be zero pressure on us to get a result so we can go out and play and enjoy it and hopefully cause an upset.

Shortest away trip possible too. Great stuff.

Dodge
19/08/2003, 9:08 AM
You're all more than welcome...

Oh and those Pats supporters who've "changed" haven't, they've just adopted you as their second club :)

Estar
19/08/2003, 9:09 AM
Great to see everyone thinks we have not got a hope. A chance to spring a surprise. Hope Mc Nally keeps talking down our chances. All we need is a draw.

THE big Dublin clubs still standing in this season's FAI Carlsberg Cup were kept apart when the quarter-final draw took place last night.

The balls - drawn by Irish assistant manager Chris Hughton and Chelsea's record signing Damien Duff - fell kindly for St Patrick's Athletic in particular.

They were handed their third successive home draw and landed First Division opposition for the second game in a row when they were paired with Kildare County.

"We would have preferred a home draw but as we are unlikely to win the Cup it will be a financial windfall for us," said Pat McNally, Kildare's general manager.

Gus03
24/08/2003, 10:59 AM
If Sligo can beat Shels, we must have a chance against Pats. Have to say Pats look good on paper. I'm going to the Cup final on Monday, I won two tickets from RTE. I will fill you in on how Pats played Estar.:D :D :D :cool:

Estar
24/08/2003, 10:14 PM
Fair play to you Gus, saw your name on tele text. Should be a good clash between two of the best sides in the league. I would go myself only I have been roped into some thing else. Is their any competition you don't enter involving soccer?:p