PDA

View Full Version : Northern Ireland

A face
17/06/2008, 10:01 PM
Giants Causeway obviously would be good. Does anyone know where the suspension foot bridge is that goes from one cliff to another. What else is good to see?

pineapple stu
17/06/2008, 10:01 PM
Carrick a Rede.

Giants' Causeway is supposed to be a bit of a disappointment, from what I've heard.

shakermaker1982
18/06/2008, 9:31 AM
The ropebridge is quality (so long as your not afraid of heights!!!!!!). The whole of the Antrim coast is impressive - giants causeway was not as big as I was expecting but I was still impressed.

Dunluce castle is worth a look as is walking the walls of Derry.

Schumi
18/06/2008, 10:39 AM
Dunluce castle is worth a look as is walking the walls of Derry.Walking the walls is worth doing if you're in Derry but I wouldn't make a trip just for that.

noby
18/06/2008, 10:58 AM
Walking the walls is worth doing if you're in Derry but I wouldn't make a trip just for that.

Wasn't there a similar 'famous' quote about the Giant's causeway? Worth seeing, but not worth going to see, or something like that.

shakermaker1982
18/06/2008, 11:20 AM
Walking the walls is worth doing if you're in Derry but I wouldn't make a trip just for that.

Derry in general is a nice enough place so if you throw in the walls it's worth an afternoon (with a couple beer stops). I'd prefer it to Belfast myself but that's just me! Maybe pop down and check out Bogside and the murals if he's brave.

Schumi
18/06/2008, 11:31 AM
If you time it to take in a Derry City game, it'd be worth a trip. I like Derry too, it just never struck me as a particularly touristy city. I've only been there for football matches. I've enjoyed the trips but I'm not sure I would have gone otherwise.

A face
18/06/2008, 11:54 PM
Dunno will i be over as far as Derry, will check out the walls if i am though. Same as Schumi, only been there for games and normally just went on the tear, so much so i still dont know my way around Derry, good pubs though :p

Any other sites around Antrim?

pineapple stu
19/06/2008, 12:48 PM
Bushmills distillery. Lough Neagh. Rathlin Island.

Sligo Hornet
20/06/2008, 8:32 AM
Bushmills distillery. Lough Neagh. Rathlin Island.

Surely Stu he would finish at Bushmills?...if it was the other way round he might not remember the other two!;)

EAFC_rdfl
21/06/2008, 2:09 PM
belfast city centre itself would be worth a stop, shoppings decent. the zoo in belfast is supposed to be good if you're into that.

osarusan
21/06/2008, 2:17 PM
Rathlin Island.
I wouldn't recommend Rathlin so much myself. If you're in the area and have a day to spare, it'd be fine, but I wouldn't make it a key moment in my trip.

thischarmingman
24/06/2008, 9:31 PM
If you time it to take in a Derry City game, it'd be worth a trip. I like Derry too, it just never struck me as a particularly touristy city. I've only been there for football matches. I've enjoyed the trips but I'm not sure I would have gone otherwise.

Pop into the Tourist Office there and I'll soon set you right.

And point you in the direction of the Brandywell.

;)