PDA

View Full Version : Help! Beko Washing Machine madness!

KR's Post
17/06/2008, 8:30 AM
:confused:Hey guys. I need some help. Bought a new Beko washing machine and had it on last night when a massive shaking nice came from the utility room! The Washing machine was shaking ALOT, and i mean alot. There is aout an inch and a half between machine and wall on both sides, is this the problem? Do i need to secure the machine? Put someting underneath? Please be aware it's a tiled floor. Help needed asap!!

All posts are helpful!

Sligo Hornet
17/06/2008, 8:38 AM
:confused:Hey guys. I need some help. Bought a new Beko washing machine and had it on last night when a massive shaking nice came from the utility room! The Washing machine was shaking ALOT, and i mean alot. There is aout an inch and a half between machine and wall on both sides, is this the problem? Do i need to secure the machine? Put someting underneath? Please be aware it's a tiled floor. Help needed asap!!

All posts are helpful!

Just level it, and ensure your take out the breeze blocks from your pants before you put them in!;)

Paddyfield
17/06/2008, 8:48 AM
There is a Homes & Gardens forum on www.askaboutmoney.ie which is great for replying to such questions. Log on and start a thread and you will have an answer within 24 hours.

Other than that, I's say Sligo Hornet has the solution.

GavinZac
17/06/2008, 9:22 AM
Short answer: rubber feet.

stann
17/06/2008, 10:23 AM
Hornet's second suggestion might hold the key, funnily enough.
A few months back I was watching telly when I suddenly realised I could hear my one making a right racket from the back room and when I went in to check I found it had made a bolt for freedom and was almost into the kitchen. It had moved about 3 feet!
It's never happened before or since, and in all other ways the machine looks and acts fine, so I can only surmise that something happened with the load to destabilise the spin of the drum.
Hopefully it's only that in your case, if it was a once off.
If it's a regular occurrence then you might also check the drum to make sure all the springs are secure, it may be touching the side of the machine somewhere in the spin.

Wolfie
17/06/2008, 12:35 PM

All posts are helpful!

Did you remove the travel bolts before plumbing it in?

KR's Post
17/06/2008, 12:37 PM
Travel bolts or brackets is it? NO!

Wolfie
17/06/2008, 12:45 PM
Travel bolts or brackets is it? NO!

PM reply sent KR.

Magicme
17/06/2008, 1:02 PM

All posts are helpful!

God almighty, why didnt you ring me!!

beautifulrock
17/06/2008, 1:06 PM
God almighty, why didnt you ring me!!

:) never knew you were a plumber, hopefully is wasnt the travel bolts or they could be a "little" bit of damage done.

Magicme
17/06/2008, 1:16 PM
No, I was gonna offer to wash his clothes by hand. Doh!

noby
17/06/2008, 2:04 PM

Magicme
17/06/2008, 2:42 PM
Why would I want to do that Noby???

dublinred
17/06/2008, 3:31 PM
Try Calgol , it works wonders for washing machines according to the adverts:)

KR's Post
18/06/2008, 7:06 AM
Washing machines live longer with Calgon! Keeps their HEART ticking!!!!:p

paul_oshea
18/06/2008, 3:38 PM
not all machines have travel bolts or the tumbler secured. if it was that then i hope for your sake teh washing machine is still alive!

Wolfie
19/06/2008, 7:29 AM
Well KR - Did the washing machine survive......................?

KR's Post
21/06/2008, 9:49 AM
Well KR - Did the washing machine survive......................?

Washing machine survived so far anyway. Thank ****. These bolts that came from it are bloody huge! Thanks for help!

Wolfie
23/06/2008, 12:33 PM
Washing machine survived so far anyway. Thank ****. These bolts that came from it are bloody huge! Thanks for help!

No worries!