PDA

View Full Version : Drogheda Game

pconnor
18/08/2003, 9:00 AM
Why has the game been switched to Friday night?
Cork City acting the boll0x??

City were accomodated in Drogheda when we played on a Saturday at 5pm - much to the detriment of gate receipts.

joe
18/08/2003, 10:03 AM
see this thread (http://64.246.46.218/forums/t9205.htm)

James
18/08/2003, 10:04 AM
yawn not this old chestnut again

the league rule restricting teams from playing on a night to accomadate the away team when they more then 120km/miles (whatever) was lifted a few weeks ago thereby allowing any team to play on their given match day

in cork ours is a friday night therefore thats when all our games are on from now on

in derry its a thursday - hence we had to travel there to play on that night when t didnt suit us.

if ye are playing us on sat at 5pm its because ye choose that time

pconnor
18/08/2003, 10:11 AM
I'm not exactly in the know, but seeing as we played a game on a Saturday at 5 i assume it was to accomodate Cork.

You would think that the gesture would be returned, it's common courtsey after all.

James
18/08/2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by pconnor
i assume it was to accomodate Cork.
assume nothing

You would think that the gesture would be returned, it's common courtsey after all.

?????
i dont think so
every time city move from playing on friday nights to accomadate another team the gate goes down considerably.. makes no financial sense for the club to continue this just so a handful of drog fans can travel..esp when no other clubs are doing it..

from a fans point of view i understand the difficulties but dems the breaks like

Neil
18/08/2003, 10:32 AM
It's unfortunate that Drogheda are suffering because of the chiefs in FAI and the unsporting behaviour of Pats and Shels arranging City games in Dublin on thursdays and mondays.

pconnor
18/08/2003, 10:35 AM
Your right, it doen't make sense to cost yourselves a fortune just to accomodate a few traveling supporters.

At least now that the FAI have ruled on the matter we can all play at times that will maximise gate receipts.

Anyway - i may still travel.

Directions to the ground please, coming in on the n8, through the tunnel, get to kinsale rd roundabout - where to from here?

Neil
18/08/2003, 10:40 AM
Directions to the ground please, coming in on the n8, through the tunnel, get to kinsale rd roundabout - where to from here?
It should be signposted at the Magic Roundabout to TURNERS CROSS. If not head right at the roundabout, the third exit. You pass Woodies on the left. Go through the traffic lights. 500m further. And its on the left.

James
18/08/2003, 10:44 AM
Anyway - i may still travel.

nice one
shure come away into the horsehoe for a pint / coke and a laugh before the match.

Colm
18/08/2003, 1:28 PM
I'm not exactly in the know, but seeing as we played a game on a Saturday at 5 i assume it was to accomodate Cork.

As far as I know, the rule change had not yet been made at that point in time.
Therefore, Drogs would have still been obliged to accomodate City.

iceman
18/08/2003, 3:07 PM
Directions to the Horseshoe please.

James
18/08/2003, 3:14 PM
how to get there (http://www.eirways.com/citynet/club/stadium/)
the horseshoe is the pub next to the ground.. yhou cant miss it once you find the ground

lok forward to seeing all the drog fans there

iceman
18/08/2003, 7:30 PM
Tks James - see ya all on Fri. so