PDA

View Full Version : MNS - 16th June 2008

A face
16/06/2008, 8:46 PM
Its not on tonight but while they are having a break what do people think of it so far?

What would you like to see on it? Even if it were ideas from other programmes, are there any ideas/suggestions you would like to see happening?

cheifo
17/06/2008, 1:10 AM
In the first first show they travelled with Ramblers up to Harps and I think they should keep doing different features like this to keep it fresh.They could also travel with fans or hiw about taking a look at how the CPOs are getting on with generating community interest.
Overall though, it has been a godsend.

CameramanConka
17/06/2008, 10:45 AM
I'd like to see a 'What Happens Next' item. Ye know, show part of the clip before the ad break, then show what happens next when the programme returns.

Also remember a fanzine footie prgramme years ago on BBC2 presented by Simon O'Brien (Damon Grant from Brookside!) which had like a fan booth which allowed fans to vent their anger/delight straight after a featured game. Something like that visiting various grounds each week might work.

CuanaD
17/06/2008, 10:56 AM
I'd like to see a Ref's rep on to explain some of the rules to the panel. You know, each week pick one incident from a game & explain the ref's perspective (whether he was right or wrong)

RĂ©iteoir
17/06/2008, 11:17 AM
I'd like to see a 'What Happens Next' item. Ye know, show part of the clip before the ad break, then show what happens next when the programme returns.

Also remember a fanzine footie prgramme years ago on BBC2 presented by Simon O'Brien (Damon Grant from Brookside!) which had like a fan booth which allowed fans to vent their anger/delight straight after a featured game. Something like that visiting various grounds each week might work.

Standing Room Only

Was quite good that

Theskinloyal
17/06/2008, 11:34 AM
I really don't think it should be live. It puts too much pressure on people who aren't used to used to being on camera. Plus if they make mistakes it makes it look more unprofessional as they did with the Tony O'Donoghue interview of Marco Tardelli thus alienating the goon supporters who we need to be watching it.

passinginterest
17/06/2008, 11:58 AM
I think 60 is a good concept, introducing players as personalities, it's something that increases supporters awareness of the players as individuals. The only problem is they've gone too far with trying to make it funny and snappy. Do a normal interview, cut out the best bits, and make it one or two minutes, with a maximum of one stupid/funny question. Cater to the serious audience and the casual viewer.

More fan interaction is also a good idea. I like the idea of a supporters "diary room" doing a tour of the big games, where fans can leave a message before and after the game. More features with supporters, individual clubs and players would certainly be welcome too.

In fairness I think they're doing an excellent job so far and if the enthusiasm and commitment can be maintained it will only get better.

cheifo
17/06/2008, 12:51 PM
It is a difficult balance to get right.Keeping EL regulars happy and also promoting the League to attract armchair gang.

sligofan4ever
17/06/2008, 3:06 PM
what about a thing each week where you get an inside look at a team, managment, grounds etc. And they should make 60 with more serious questions. I like the what happens next and interview fans at matches ideas but the main thing they need to do s more coverage less chit chat :D

Sniffer
19/06/2008, 5:11 PM
Don't think they're doing a whole lot wrong TBH. Its got to appeal to more than those 20 or so thousand who attend eL games every week - Con Murphy says in his article on the MNS website that they had 86,000 viewers for a recent show - over 4 times greater than the weekly attendance. This is good news. The 60 seconds thing is harmless enough - if you ask serious questions you won't get a single complete answer in 60 seconds. Most shows of this ilk have hits and misses - sounds like a good name for a new segment.:)

A face
19/06/2008, 6:21 PM
I think progress in the actually game itself here is the only sure way to ramp up the viewing figures. As long as clubs progress and the standard improves then it will be worth looking at.

Something they could focus on is the 'Matchday Atmosphere' a bit more, like the Cobh City game in on of the first programmes. Its that kind of stuff that improves the barstoolers knowledge of what actually happens at games. The craic and the build up at games. People enjoying themselves. It might not seem so foreign to them then if they ever decided to take in a game themselves.

GavinZac
19/06/2008, 7:07 PM
It might not seem so foreign to them
But sure thats what they want!

A face
19/06/2008, 8:34 PM
But sure thats what they want!

It was ironic ;) Its just it does seem completely alien to some people to even consider a game in their own country.