PDA

View Full Version : Barry's Army

Pages : [1] 2

luka
16/06/2008, 3:23 PM
Lads,

It's common knowledge now about the proposed EGM and the reason its been called is widely known as well. I proposed this thread to enable all of the Ramblers Supporters that are members here to show your support for your Chairman. Use the thread for positive support and don't go side-stepping the language filter because it could end up being binned again and leave out the txt speak!!!!

thegafferman
16/06/2008, 3:41 PM
well said:p

offside rule
16/06/2008, 3:53 PM
new user here lads. Big rams fan aswell.
I have been constantly reading foot.ie forum & threads on the ramblers page. Only changed jobs recentyy and have an email that allows me to use foot.ie as my recent gmail wasnt accepted.
Things are at big crisis!!!, and the goings on off the field are sure to take a toll on wat happens on the field.
From recent reply's it seems ye are worried about the so called (select few) who want to bring club back to MSL. But from being around the club i honestly dont get this feeling. Dont know where it has come from but i havnt heard anyone member say it to me. Sure they dont want the debt associated with the club. It is a massive debt but most LOI clubs have a debt. The debt is growing and growing and could force the club into serious crisis if things are resolved! (quickly, very quickly!!!). The players wages have increased without actually strengthening the squad or bringing in better players. So a first divison side on (lower) premier wages are going to struggle. The lack odf experience and quality is clearly evident.
With regards to the chairman- he is the man in the know, he has contacts ( FF & LOI) and any extra monies/sponsorship he can bring in need to be instant and in a large quantity.
He alos need to get his house in order! - at committee level and they need to act and vote as a committee and not as one/two/three man team. Theres NO me, you or us in TEAM. Its a group effort, who act and pass things TOGETHER.
The team last year showed how things should be done as a Team and dis needs to be pointed out to the committee and im sure once the house is in order - the air of uncertainty around the club will calm and the team will get the results!!!

Cici900
16/06/2008, 4:01 PM
Barry, you have brought this club somewhere in the last 3-4 years. Before we werent going anywhere, last year we won the first division and got promoted for the first time in 12 years. That tells you that you have to be doing something right. If you stay at the club I can see us with the premier division trophy in the next few years.If you go the oldies will put us back in the MSL.

Were all backing you barry, your the best chairman this club has ever had.

thegafferman
16/06/2008, 4:04 PM
new user here lads. Big rams fan aswell.
I have been constantly reading foot.ie forum & threads on the ramblers page. Only changed jobs recentyy and have an email that allows me to use foot.ie as my recent gmail wasnt accepted.
Things are at big crisis!!!, and the goings on off the field are sure to take a toll on wat happens on the field.
From recent reply's it seems ye are worried about the so called (select few) who want to bring club back to MSL. But from being around the club i honestly dont get this feeling. Dont know where it has come from but i havnt heard anyone member say it to me. Sure they dont want the debt associated with the club. It is a massive debt but most LOI clubs have a debt. The debt is growing and growing and could force the club into serious crisis if things are resolved! (quickly, very quickly!!!). The players wages have increased without actually strengthening the squad or bringing in better players. So a first divison side on (lower) premier wages are going to struggle. The lack odf experience and quality is clearly evident.
With regards to the chairman- he is the man in the know, he has contacts ( FF & LOI) and any extra monies/sponsorship he can bring in need to be instant and in a large quantity.
He alos need to get his house in order! - at committee level and they need to act and vote as a committee and not as one/two/three man team. Theres NO me, you or us in TEAM. Its a group effort, who act and pass things TOGETHER.
The team last year showed how things should be done as a Team and dis needs to be pointed out to the committee and im sure once the house is in order - the air of uncertainty around the club will calm and the team will get the results!!!

amazing your preception of the members around here ....they are determined to bring the club to its knees and its got nothing to do with football its all personal....wake up man

offside rule
16/06/2008, 5:08 PM
... gafferman.
who said I was a man?. My perception is only from the outside looking in!.
Were all entitled to our view. I never took any sides, infact i commented on both sides . . . perhaps your pereption is from the inside looking out?. I backed Barry Walsh simply because of his contacts but do think all attitudes of committe members needs to change . . FOR DE BETTER OF RAMBLERS FOOTBALL CLUB

offside rule
16/06/2008, 5:16 PM
INFACT i would go as far as to say the majority of the members are not happy with the very large incurring debt the club has. They want it sorted!!!. Its growing man ... u wake up!
I really dont think that this reason is personnal, most are worried that he club will have to be sold off to repay the large debts.
Barry's attitude may have be a reason why some are aainst him. He's suppossed to be THEIR chairman but talks down to them far to often (ive seen it first hand - on more than one occasion).
Anyway i dont want to be takin about the off field events, its de team that suffers, then the performances, the results and the gates. Its a vicious circle that needs to be put right, at the top!!!

Rambler20
16/06/2008, 5:40 PM
INFACT i would go as far as to say the majority of the members are not happy with the very large incurring debt the club has. They want it sorted!!!. Its growing man ... u wake up!
I really dont think that this reason is personnal, most are worried that he club will have to be sold off to repay the large debts.
Barry's attitude may have be a reason why some are aainst him. He's suppossed to be THEIR chairman but talks down to them far to often (ive seen it first hand - on more than one occasion).
Anyway i dont want to be takin about the off field events, its de team that suffers, then the performances, the results and the gates. Its a vicious circle that needs to be put right, at the top!!!

The attitude Barry has is of a winner and thats what the club needs right now more then ever. Barry is the only chairman we have had in years that has the ambition to drive this club forward yet time and time again he is being hauled back by the constant infighting that is and allways has ruined the club give the man a break i believe that everything barry has done has been for the good of the club and if it wasnt for him we wouldnt be were we are to day. Look at what he has got us a good manager in Hendo a vgood sponsership deal with goodyear and new dressing rooms and the new stand. Before barry came along all we got was promises that we would get this and do that but Barry has followed through on everting he has sayd. He has my backing 100%

pcplod
16/06/2008, 5:44 PM
I agree it is a vicious circle that has to stop but the only way that is going to happen is if the club members get behind our chairman 100% and start asking the rest of the commitee what there problems are it is them who should be answering some of these questions as it seems that the people have spoken and are behind barry so if their egos cant handle that well maybe its time to step down and leave things to the adults so we can save our club and hopefully continue to see our lads play against the best in the country every week

WE'RE ALL PART OF BARRYS ARMY
WE'RE ALL OFF TO TURNERS CROSS

ramblers
16/06/2008, 5:57 PM
Every one says the commitee is wrong maybe its Barry needs to change!! He is the chairman and he needs to be the one to get everyone working togther he neads to lead the team off the pitch not dictate there is a difference he is as responsible as everyone else for the problems within the club and cannot wash his hands of it.

Its easy for everyone here to pass judgement on other people how many people put there names to join the commitee last year? Unless your willing to put your self forward to make a difference I think everyone should wait until they go to the agm and go with an open mind!!

thegafferman
16/06/2008, 6:21 PM
Every one says the commitee is wrong maybe its Barry needs to change!! He is the chairman and he needs to be the one to get everyone working togther he neads to lead the team off the pitch not dictate there is a difference he is as responsible as everyone else for the problems within the club and cannot wash his hands of it.

Its easy for everyone here to pass judgement on other people how many people put there names to join the commitee last year? Unless your willing to put your self forward to make a difference I think everyone should wait until they go to the agm and go with an open mind!!

amazing as soon as the moderator removes all the positive threads he allows all the negative ones......:mad:

luka
16/06/2008, 6:50 PM

I don't really think people, when they say Committee, actually mean the entire committee. Ye, he's the Chairman and can only get people working together if they are willing to actually work together. Whoever suggested that he has washed his hands of anything? From where I stand it appears some are trying to force him into a corner in the hope that he does indeed wash his hands of it, but that won't happen.

I don't think people are passing judgement as such but are fed up with the same few doing everything in their power to disrupt things. People have put themselves forward and have been knocked back. It appears that no new blood is wanted. Lets look at it like this, 'Exactly just 'HOW MANY' of the old MSL Brigade put themselves forward to help out? There's the old 'Song 'n' Dance' about 'Who's yer Man' He's only here five minuts and he's already doing this and that and we've been he twenty years like'. Correct, 20 years. Pay the membership. Great stuff, but it appears to stop at that. I said a piece at the last EGM/AGM and halfway through heard someone say 'Who's yer man think he is' when all I was saying is that both sides need to work together to move the club forward.

There is too much vindictivness and hatred up there, all onesided and be honest about it, you'll know if you've been around there, 'The Keep Our Click' stance is fading. Years ago that Club was nothing more than one big click, as the town used to be 30 years ago. Those days are gone.

I have nothing to hide and have no issue is stating that we support the Chairman with our two votes.

I hope some of that doesn't come across to strong and pointed by I'm just calling it like I see it.

bellavistaman
16/06/2008, 7:12 PM
From recent reply's it seems ye are worried about the so called (select few) who want to bring club back to MSL. But from being around the club i honestly dont get this feeling. Dont know where it has come from but i havnt heard anyone member say it to me. Sure they dont want the debt associated with the club.
Being around the club?? It was at the "Infromation Meeting" where it was said that MSl is the answer, it is common knowledge that a group of people feel MSL is the only answer because we cannot hold our in LOI. Well bull**** to that, i translate that to "this is a personal fued, i will be happy to take take out barry even if it means taking down the club with im". Well its about time the good natured people stand up and be counted, and by god their are alot more good eggs than bad eggs that turn up to the games, we all want to go in one direction, FORWARD, we cannot let a minority of 20+ kill off every bit of history our great club has.

Barry, you have brought this club somewhere in the last 3-4 years. Before we werent going anywhere, last year we won the first division and got promoted for the first time in 12 years. That tells you that you have to be doing something right. If you stay at the club I can see us with the premier division trophy in the next few years.If you go the oldies will put us back in the MSL.

Were all backing you barry, your the best chairman this club has ever had.
I love you barry!!!!:D

Incurring, what people seem to forget is that barry walsh inherited this debt off previous committees and chairmen. It wasnt a grand balance, that was stated at the Info Meeting. Also I very vividly remember Mr.O'Sullivan standed up in front of everybody stating top of his voice, THE CLUB IS BROKE, I REPEAT, THE CLUB IS BROKE. That is a fact, an total truth, 100& FACT. So how can people say that when so and so from my "group" or "click" was here we financially sound, well my left foot we were(new and improved no language bella speaking there btw).

And my good friend, man/friend lady/friend whichever you may be, when you say THEIR chairman, clearly we realise that you,to me, would be classed as THEM also. :p

First off congratulations on putting yourself to forward to the committee last year, otherwise you wouldnt come out with such a bold statement

Its even easier for the people who had their tails between their legs when we won the league, to come out smiling and playing the blame game now were in a relegation battle, which we will survive. How many of the twenty people on the list, said Barry Walsh,Congratulations on guiding Cobh Ramblers to winning the league?? They were no where to be seen.

bellavistaman
16/06/2008, 7:22 PM
two votes , did you have two at agm aswell:D:D

Sorry??

Redshanks
16/06/2008, 8:33 PM
Nice to see some have come out of the woodwork pretending to down the middle neutrals but still being unable to resist a dig at Barry. Everyone here over the last couple of days stated clearly they were backing Barry when it comes to a vote (thats before the tread was removed) so will you vote for him Off-side rule? Will you Ramsfan? Because you aint kidding anyone here! :cool:

ramsfan
16/06/2008, 9:17 PM
where is the dig, i was having a little joke , i will vote for what i feel is right for the club and i dont have to explain myself to you ;)

offside rule
16/06/2008, 10:08 PM
my dear young bellavistman.
Wen i say 'THEIR' chairman i mean both sides of the debates. Hes the clubs chairman! OUR chairman. I dont associate myself with any clicks, MSL only groups, anti Barry r pro Barry groups. I vote for wat i thinks is best for the club!!! FACT!!!.

ON the question of will I be voting for r against - i honestly dont know.
I really cant stand the mans attitude but he's the only one i can see there who can hopefully attract sponsorship, extra money and has good contacts in the know & higher places.
SO im 50-50, will attend EGM wit an open mind and lets see wat happens from der.

Bella - dont speak out about being part of anything if you dot know wat/who ur talkin to!. Ders enough of that talkin behind peoples backs goin on up der presently!

Rambler1
16/06/2008, 10:41 PM
Its time for the SILENT MAJORITY to stand up and be counted...
Am totally fed up with this crap
Unanswered Questions
1. Why are we having another EGM?
2. Can we call one every few weeks if we feel like it?
3. Can the person that was voted in as chairman not be allowed to carry out the work he was voted in to do.?
4. What wonderful alternative is proposed instead?
5. Is the alternative positive or will it move us in reverse back to MSL?
6. Was the club broke before the current chairman took over or did he break it ?
7.Can 20 people dictate the future of our club forever ?
8. Can we bring in a rule which will look for 50-66% of the membership unhappy before we all have to show up again ?
9. Can we get 21 members on board to consistantly vote down 20 so as we all get a bit of peace ?
10.Finally can we all stop saying whats wrong, with who and DO SOMETHING PHYSICAL to help the Club (Not mouthing off) to help us survive in Premier.....Actions speak far louder than words, normally anyway, unless your invited to an EGM (extremely Galling Meetings) where the opposite counts and people talk about it for hours with great passion and do nothing afterwards. It would be interesting to make a list of who does most shouting for 2008 and in Dec pin it up on the wall of club with that members physical action to help the club out for the year listed. I think we would have a fair few blanks after names.What do you think?

bellavistaman
16/06/2008, 10:49 PM
my dear young bellavistman.
Wen i say 'THEIR' chairman i mean both sides of the debates. Hes the clubs chairman! OUR chairman. I dont associate myself with any clicks, MSL only groups, anti Barry r pro Barry groups. I vote for wat i thinks is best for the club!!! FACT!!!.

ON the question of will I be voting for r against - i honestly dont know.
I really cant stand the mans attitude but he's the only one i can see there who can hopefully attract sponsorship, extra money and has good contacts in the know & higher places.
SO im 50-50, will attend EGM wit an open mind and lets see wat happens from der.

Bella - dont speak out about being part of anything if you dot know wat/who ur talkin to!. Ders enough of that talkin behind peoples backs goin on up der presently!

Young?? I'm only young depending on your age.:rolleyes:

I will speak about whatever i want its at the stage where its time to stop trying to please everyone. I will say anything i want from now on.

bellavistaman
16/06/2008, 11:08 PM
ah think iget the two votes thing now, touché

don ramo
8. Can we bring in a rule which will look for 50-66% of the membership unhappy before we all have to show up again ?

no they cant, i put a motion forward to change that rule, and it was annailated, i think it was 95-5% against it, i wonder why :rolleyes:

offside rule
your only as young as de woman your feeling!!!
you say watever u want to say from now on - but dont associate me with any clicks!.
Im an independant with the club at heart - more importanly the team and our survival (both on and off the pitch).
Im deeply worried that the massive debt may force or assets (pitch, ground, new clubhouse, new stand, etc.) to be sold (or be taken off us) by the Bank/Taxman.
We need oney and solutions NOW & QUICKLY!!!
Time is running out!

don ramo
16/06/2008, 11:11 PM
itll take a while before anyone can reposes anything we have, the club if bought right now would be in excess of E3mill

bellavistaman
16/06/2008, 11:15 PM
you say watever u want to say from now on - but dont associate me with any clicks!.
Im an independant with the club at heart - more importanly the team and our survival (both on and off the pitch).
Im deeply worried that the massive debt may force or assets (pitch, ground, new clubhouse, new stand, etc.) to be sold (or be taken off us) by the Bank/Taxman.
Time is running out!

with the club at what capacity?
everybody has a click so to speak, simple as, your either for one or the other because the simple facts are, they cannot work together again after this EGM, if the chariman is voted out so be it no issue,, and if the chairman is kept on, then its going to have to be goodbye to the vice-chairman, theyve set it up as this so this is the way its going to go.

Cant see us selling anything for the taxman either,and nothing will be taken off us either,might i add.

offside rule
16/06/2008, 11:16 PM
little do you know

bellavistaman
16/06/2008, 11:19 PM
oooooooohhhh

Rambler1
16/06/2008, 11:22 PM
no they cant, i put a motion forward to change that rule, and it was annailated, i think it was 95-5% against it, i wonder why :rolleyes: Probably because there was only '21' at that meeting. Think its time for our own '20' I could get 10 maybe if anyone else out there is interested enough to support it. Would be interesting to see how many of the silent majority really agree with this or do they want to go to EGM's forever. How many members do we have. Is there a list somewhere of all the members. Does anyone else agree with this as TBH Id had enough of seeing our club treated like a war zone every 2 or 3 months for years now.

bellavistaman
16/06/2008, 11:25 PM
yes outside the jacks, in glass cabinet.

I'd easily get 30-40 to support this.

Rambler1
16/06/2008, 11:27 PM
Are we not going to get €100,000 fro the match Barry arranged with Sunderland? €30 ticket x 6000 =€180,000 . I presume costs wont come to more then €80,000.

bellavistaman
16/06/2008, 11:29 PM
Dont worry about all that ram1, sorted. Grant from government coming too

Rambler1
16/06/2008, 11:30 PM
yes outside the jacks, in glass cabinet.

I'd easily get 30-40 to support this. Nice one Bella, think its worth looking at if enough people want it to happen. Luka should be main point of contact. Will call him to discuss and see if he agrees..

Rambler1
16/06/2008, 11:34 PM
Dont worry about all that ram1, sorted. Grant from government coming too At last some good news filtering out. I thought for a while there the roof off the club had caved in.Hoping that we will be able to add Celtic to the list of visitors also but nothing confirmed yet as need to do a bit more persuading and pleading and it might even happen..

rambler14
16/06/2008, 11:51 PM
Lads I think it's safe to say that we all have our own "Anti MSL Brigade" that potentially out numbers the current "MSL Brigade" so I think we'll be safe.

don ramo
17/06/2008, 12:25 AM
Probably because there was only '21' at that meeting.

laws change a AGMs only, so the whole crew was there, over 100 voted against changing the rule, and an argument broke out 2 hours later when the rule was referred to and of course the MSL crew said that that rule should be changed to a higher amount (i nearly dropped morons):mad:

dont worry about the debth every other club can maintain a certain debth, so can we, with the right people in charge, and can anyone else see anybody other than barry sort this out, barry is a busssiness man and no business man willl get themselfes into debth if there was no way out,

what i dont understand is why so many are out for barry and no mention of the failures of the commitee and other senior management figures,

AGM a few months back noone challenged barry, people say nobody could have, but they just didnt have the nads for it and now they deffinately dont, we had three senior officials walk out on us last year when the going got though, sunshiners, we won the league and they were voted back in no questions answeared,

just ask youself this, if barry is chucked, do you want you next chairman to be a sunshiner or worse a sully

Redshanks
17/06/2008, 7:09 AM
Rest easy lads, sorry dont rest because we are in the middle of an election battle, but know this, as you speak there are good people with the clubs real interests at heart planning and making contact with other clubs across the pond for games after the sunderland ones. Things are changing and they are changing for the better and soon this big black (exagerated) cloud will be gone, and so will those who put it there. So get out there and canvass hard for our chairman!

offside rule
17/06/2008, 7:49 AM
some little bit of good positive news filtering out of club, IF this grant from government and another friendly against top well supported clubs across the pond are TRUE.
I for one will be getting tickets for any friendly matches and informing me work colleages about these matches. At least another 10 lads workin with me who would be intersested in these games. E30 x 10 x (2 matches) = E600. (even if the bring a partner or some of there kids - its more revenue)
Who knows might also get them down for some home games.
We need to increase the gate!, these matches are an ideal way of doin it.
Plenty of advertising, word of mouth and hopefully good football being played. Who knows if we can get a percentage of the total crowd going to these attractive friendly games down for Rams games afterwards -its more money for the CLUB.
How about this, anyone working outside of Cobh, get posters about these games and put them up in there canteens at work!!!.
Wat ye think?

6yardpunisha
17/06/2008, 8:01 AM
Time is running out!

well the solution to the short term problem is within our own control i.e. the sunderland game, long term it needs to be addressed properly and IMO the way forward has to be to replace at least half of the current committee. Some of them seem more interested in the blazer and getting into away games for free but most worrying is the egos that they have. if barry had the right people working with him then the club can move forward instead of this constant fighting over certain people driving their own agendas.

A question for the people who called this agm, do the committee members who called this and asked for a motion of no confidence in the chairman, do they resign if and when the motion is defeated?

drinkfeckarse
17/06/2008, 8:26 AM
As an ex player of the club can I say that for as long as I can recall there's always been an element that would like us to go back to the MSL and there's always been (IMO) committee members with their own agenda who would make decisions that suits them rather than the club best.

Without knowing the in's and out's of everything, it seems to me that Barry Walsh has done some fabulous things for the club. You only have to look at the ground and what division we are in compared to where we were a few years ago as well as the grants etc that he has helped bring in. As has been pointed out, the debt was always there so how can he be blamed for that? The club is run as proffesionally as it has EVER been and that can only be a good thing.

Money has always been an issue for the club since we became LOI members, having a senior club doesn't come cheaply and I doubt there are more than a handful that run without loss. A lot of clubs have perished or gone out of the League since we came into it but we have always sustained ourselves. We should be proud of that given that we are a little town and we are not in a great position to attract crowds outwith the town.

What can going back to the MSL achieve? Why go back to the MSL? These are questions that should be answered by those who want us to make that step. The debt will not magically disappear if we do so and being in the MSL would mean a big drop in revenue so how then would it be dealt with?

It's time for the squabble's and the back biting to end once and for all and for people to no longer sit on the fence. Make your feelings known about where you stand and make your reasons heard for why you stand there. Only when it's all out in the open will we be able to address it and move on and find a remedy that suits us all.

The Rebel Ram
17/06/2008, 10:56 AM
I can't wait for this EGM now. I think it will finaly be the time to shut up the MSL brigade. They have really peed everyone off at this stage and we have to go in there and stand up to them.
If we all make our feelings known we might show that the majority of the club are there to help the club and won't put up with any more nonsense from them.
It's pathetic how they are hoding the club to randsome:mad:

rambler14
17/06/2008, 11:39 AM
Are people gonna make some banners saying "Barry's Army" or "Walsh In" or "Barry's Band". All we need are some old bedsheets like.

rambler14
17/06/2008, 11:42 AM
Will we be able to nominate and elect at the EGM or will we have to wait for another meeting to do that????

luka
17/06/2008, 11:46 AM
:p
A question for the people who called this agm, do the committee members who called this and asked for a motion of no confidence in the chairman, do they resign if and when the motion is defeated?

The way I would do it is any committee member who is against the Chairman now, should be nominated to resign when he's relected. I think it's only right because this could go on forever and ever.

Must cost a fortune in blazers...............

Redshanks
17/06/2008, 4:04 PM
Yep, time for the banners!

rambler14
17/06/2008, 4:48 PM
What if I printed out 50 or so A4 sheets that say "Walsh In" and "Fook the MSL"???

rammie
18/06/2008, 11:08 AM
A motion of no confidence in the chairman should at the very least require each member to evaluate the chairmans performance without personal prejudice.
Barry has done fabulous work for the club and this must be applauded however he is accountable to the elected committee and to the members.
At the last EGM/AGM I was amazed at the bickering that went on,.. the auditor was fantastic because he detailed the financial position impartially.
The most worrying aspect in my humble opinion is that there has been no business plan documented or for that matter not even a mission statement. Financial planning has factored in far too many variables for the club to progress in a particular direction.
I am on neither side and will make my mind up on the night, I hope both sides will put their cases forward without resorting to personal insult or bickering
(we'll leave that to the Brits in their House of parliment).

Cici900
18/06/2008, 12:00 PM
What if I printed out 50 or so A4 sheets that say "Walsh In" and "Fook the MSL"???

What if we print a good hundred or two and hand them to anybody in support of Barry Walsh at the gate?

The Rebel Ram
18/06/2008, 1:17 PM
A motion of no confidence in the chairman should at the very least require each member to evaluate the chairmans performance without personal prejudice.
Barry has done fabulous work for the club and this must be applauded however he is accountable to the elected committee and to the members.
At the last EGM/AGM I was amazed at the bickering that went on,.. the auditor was fantastic because he detailed the financial position impartially.
The most worrying aspect in my humble opinion is that there has been no business plan documented or for that matter not even a mission statement. Financial planning has factored in far too many variables for the club to progress in a particular direction.
I am on neither side and will make my mind up on the night, I hope both sides will put their cases forward without resorting to personal insult or bickering
(we'll leave that to the Brits in their House of parliment).

I will be giving my support to Barry but it won't be unconditional.
Book-keeping will have to be put into order and will have to be kept uptodate for monthly reports. Efforts will have to be made to put a comprehensive budget plan in place for 2009. Not thrown onto a sheet of paper when it's looked for.
Realistic income expectations will have to be made, not what is hoped for, the best case worst case will have to be balanced out.
He has great contacts and a good buisness knowledge but needs to use the buisness tools to keep control.
He still is IMO the best man for the job at present but as I have said before things can and will have to be run better.

don ramo
18/06/2008, 7:18 PM
nobody can plan anything in football, support is to fickle, its grand for this year, but our wages will come in line next year with the wage cap coming in, you would expect for our first year back in the prem for attendances to be a bit higher, and obviously they misjudged the support this town has for its club,

i think if everyone can pull in the same direction and proper procedures are there and kept, we will do good, might have to tighten the purse strings but thats just a sacrifice well have to make,

also the general manager is somthing that the club should seriously consider, a full-time professional, who is qualified to run this club on a daily basis, not havin a go at the current management but they are volunteers

ramsfan
18/06/2008, 8:19 PM
general manager is deinitely a way forward, it would remove need for bar manager and a book keeper he/she could include all these roles in job description, u would have a person with finger on pulse daily and problems could be sorted before they develop, immediately it makes a cost saving because what was 2/3 jobs becomes one, allowing more money to be concentrated on team

offside rule
19/06/2008, 9:03 AM
general manager is deinitely a way forward, it would remove need for bar manager and a book keeper he/she could include all these roles in job description, u would have a person with finger on pulse daily and problems could be sorted before they develop, immediately it makes a cost saving because what was 2/3 jobs becomes one, allowing more money to be concentrated on team

110% correct Ramsfan.
Any money that can be saved nedds to be done immediatly (even it means removing 2 positions in the club to form one General Manager).
All money saving proceedures need to be viewed and MONEY CONCENTRATED ON TEAM!!!