PDA

View Full Version : New CityMail Available

dahamsta
17/08/2003, 3:09 PM
CityMail users, you can login to the new CityMail here:

http://corkcityfc.net/mail

Your email address on this system for the transition period will be $username@temp.corkcityfc.net. If you have important email stored on the old system, you'll need to forward those messages to your new account.

I'll be changing the mail server records for @corkcityfc.net next FRIDAY EVENING, and email will start coming to the new system by default sometime between FRIDAY and SUNDAY. I'll complete the transition on SUNDAY EVENING.

Any mail not forwarded to your new account by FRIDAY will be LOST. I disclaim all responsibility for any mail lost in this transition.

adam

James
18/08/2003, 7:05 AM
old citymail we had 6meg quota
this one only has 5megs

booooo :)

dahamsta
19/08/2003, 12:17 PM
Right, I've upped it to ten, happy now? :)

adam

James
19/08/2003, 12:24 PM
**** that was easy
hey adam....... campus.ie mail has 10megs
surely you can better that ;)

:rolleyes:

dahamsta
19/08/2003, 4:58 PM
If you need more than 10MB, you're, like, gay or something.

adam

<seinfeld>not that there's anything wrong with that</seinfeld>

dahamsta
23/08/2003, 10:28 PM
The mail server record for corkcityfc.net has now been changed. Future mail for addresses @corkcityfc.net will go directly to the new in-house mail system, and the default address will be switched from temp.corkcityfc.net to corkcityfc.net real soon now. If you lost mail because you didn't listen, well, boo-hoo.

Feedback on the in-house system welcome by the way. If it's any good, I'll consider making it available to Foot.ie users at a later date. It won't be for free though, so feedback on the propect of shelling out for a Foot.ie email address is welcome too.

adam

SÓC
26/08/2003, 1:33 AM
First impressions are very good, defo better than the old one.

The everyone.net email used just totally ignore fadas (á) so Seán came out as Sen.

Attachments on everyone.net were always a bit wierd, sometimes hard to get at.

These two problems are gone with the new one, it is much easier on the eye and more user friendly, I do miss the old City crest tho' :)

James
26/08/2003, 7:10 AM
yeah i like it too
but as sean said the old cork city crest is missed
other then that all my accounts are feeding nicely into that new webmail one

nice one adam

dahamsta
26/08/2003, 7:56 AM
If it was just a matter of adding the crest I'd go for it, but the whole thing would need to be reskinned and with just 7 or 8 of ye left, it's just not worth the hassle. If Foot.ie ever makes us enough money to be able to afford a graphic designer to give it a good going over though, obviously City will get the first go. :)

Cheers,
adam

James
26/08/2003, 8:13 AM
jeeze if theres only 7 or 8 of using it dont bother adam
i thought there was more tbh

hopefully the block sender option will negate some/most of the spam i'm getting everyday :mad:

dahamsta
26/08/2003, 8:33 AM
The Sobig worm is sent straight to the trash on my server anyway, at a rate of about 5-10 a minute...

adam

James
26/08/2003, 12:01 PM
small thing adam
on the inbox / main mail page once you've logged in, at the very top of the page, from right to left you have 5 large mail icons and text underneath.
the text underneath is in a pale plae v v v light blue colour and is like totally very hard to read.

any chance of a darker font to make it ledgeable like
:cool:

dahamsta
26/08/2003, 12:51 PM
Eh? You mean "Inbox Compose Address Book Preferences Search"? It's very light blue on a dark blue background?

adam

James
26/08/2003, 2:18 PM
yip that would be them
impossible to read is the text on them
:confused:

too light is the light blue, esp on a white background

dahamsta
26/08/2003, 4:22 PM
Originally posted by James
too light is the light blue, esp on a white background This is what I don't get -- it's not on a white background, it's on a dark blue background?

http://gerrytwigg.beecher.net/inc/img/tmp/hmm.jpg

adam