PDA

View Full Version : Georgie contract Petition..Please sign!

RedX
16/08/2003, 4:52 PM
Just starting a petition here just in case Georgie reads this site to show him how many of us want him to sign a new long term improved contact.He deserves it as he is now enjoying legendary status in Cork.He is getting better and better with every game...

Signed:RedX

Reason:The guy is a Legend..

golly
16/08/2003, 5:04 PM
i think we should get a real 1 going coz he is awesome we are priviliged to have platers like him john doyler dan micky in our team

d13bohs
16/08/2003, 5:13 PM
If he does read this, don't mind them George, they are the ones who are slagging you every week, feel free to join us up at Bohs next season:D

RedX
16/08/2003, 5:21 PM
Hows it going there.I am sure every club in the country would want Georgie at the moment.You Bohs lads would have been in hysterics last night if you seen some of the banners slagging your rivals.Any chance of getting Robbie Doyle of you?I was hoping City would have bid for him when he was with UCD...

ian
16/08/2003, 5:21 PM
d13bohs dont make me hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah you all ready did hahahahahahahahah u just cant help your self giving all of us city fans a laugh. hahahahahaha:D

Slash/ED
16/08/2003, 5:48 PM
He's going to Shels and ye all know it ;)

He is pure class though, are there still people having a go at him at the X?

A face
16/08/2003, 8:48 PM
Originally posted by Slash/ED
He's going to Shels and ye all know it ;)

He is pure class though, are there still people having a go at him at the X?

:rolleyes:

Man, it is depressing and unbelievable to witness it ..... but yeah.

The guy is unreal, off the pitch aswell, his attitude (sometimes firey on the pitch) is brilliant and he is getting on great with Dolan.

~ ~ * * Magic * * ~ ~

dcnags
16/08/2003, 9:19 PM
Originally posted by RedX
Just starting a petition here just in case Georgie reads this site to show him how many of us want him to sign a new long term improved contact.

We love you Georgie and its not just for your white boots:D !!!

Please sign a new contract, City needs you!!!

Signed : dcnags.

Neil
17/08/2003, 9:31 AM
George is THE most sought after player in the League, Shels and Bohs fans have him top of their list for End of Season signings.

We have to sign him up now.
No point in waiting until November when Shels and cross-channel teams will be snooping around with bags of loot.

Whatever money he wants. It will be worth it.

Counting Crow
17/08/2003, 10:07 AM
If we're serious about becoming the biggest and the best then we MUST keep our biggest and best stars..............nothing less is acceptable...........end of story.

George MUST stay.

City sort it out NOW!!!!!!

Cityace
17/08/2003, 11:03 AM
I'm a little worried because he said, "I have to do whatever is best for george o Callaghan" But on the other side after friday and what he was doing before the match even ends, its hard to imagine him leaving for another 2 seasons at least.

Éanna
17/08/2003, 1:47 PM
break the bank, he's worth it.

Éanna

niamh
17/08/2003, 2:10 PM
It's good business to ensure that you get the best of your assets. If City are thinking purely business then they should be signing him up.
If they are thinking like a club that wants to win things they should be signing him up.
But at the end of the day it is the time of player and if he doesn't he wouldn't.

Georgey is legend though.

Cityace
17/08/2003, 4:05 PM
Originally posted by niamh

But at the end of the day it is the time of player and if he doesn't he wouldn't.

What?

(not bieng sarcastic, just cant figure it out)

patsh
17/08/2003, 5:43 PM
Originally posted by Cityace
What?

(not bieng sarcastic, just cant figure it out)
I think Niamh means that players have all the power now, they can pick and choose when they want to leave or stay with a club.

yiddo
17/08/2003, 7:01 PM
Shels are contacting George regularly (I know its illegal but this is the real world!) offering him a big signing on and double the money he's on at City. Now if City want to keep George they'll have to up his wages. George is still on the same contract he signed in July 2002. George wants to stay and its up to Pat and Lennox to sort it out asap.
If there's apetition it should be directed to the City board as I am sure George wants to stay and sort everything out asap. I am hopeful this will be sorted shortly after all Brian Lennox acted quickly to sign John O'Flynn on an improved deal earlier this year.

tiktok
17/08/2003, 8:21 PM
Originally posted by yiddo
Shels are contacting George regularly (I know its illegal but this is the real world!) offering him a big signing on and double the money he's on at City.

If this is the case (and i wouldn't put it past Ollie Byrne) and you know about it, surely the city board are aware of it as well. they should bring shels up before the FAI on it.

SÓC
17/08/2003, 8:41 PM
If Shels are doing this afaik they are doing nothing against the rules, a direct aproach can be made to a player if he has less than 6months on his contract.

tiktok
17/08/2003, 8:52 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
if he has less than 6months on his contract.

how long is georgie contracted for, i assumed he was signed up for longer than that, city need to sort this out straight away.

d13bohs
17/08/2003, 9:21 PM
Originally posted by ian
d13bohs dont make me hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah you all ready did hahahahahahahahah u just cant help your self giving all of us city fans a laugh. hahahahahaha:D

Its funny, none of the rest of the Cork fans on this forum seem to be laughing, the fact of the matter is he hasn't signed a new contract yet and Bohs and $h€l$ could offer him more money and a better chance of getting into Europe. I think if Cork have any ambition they have to make sure he stays but if they don't, I am one of many Bohs fans who would be delighted if he signs for us, he is a class act.

Colm
17/08/2003, 10:38 PM
George is our most important player, he is more valuable to us than anyone (and that includes Flynny). We've got to make him a good offer and do what it takes to keep him, no excuses!

NorthoftheLee
18/08/2003, 8:48 AM
sign him at all costs....he is too important to loose.......GOC you are loved by the vast majority of city fans, its your home club, you are a rebel born and raised, you belong in cork .....stay away from the jackeensville

NOTL

Neil
18/08/2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
GOC you are loved by the vast majority of city fans
He is loved by ALL City fans.
The only ones who moan about him are just idiots who turn up at City games, they are not City fans.

fella
18/08/2003, 11:46 AM
agree with all the above

To George - Please stay we love you, f*ck the ignorant few who don't have a clue. As the lads have said the majority are right behind you and appreciate your great skill, flair & workrate.

To Pat, Brian & the Board - Enough of talking about becoming a big club let's start acting like it, give the lad the cash and secure the services of what is one of the best players this club has ever had before we lose him for nowt either cross channel or to one of our rivals.

James
18/08/2003, 12:17 PM
George O Callaghan is an integral part of the Rebel Army.

Without him we are average at best
If he goes, we drop more and more points, lose more and more fans, sell less and less jerseys, income will plummet

financial reasons alone must dictate that the club shud increase his current offer/contract and match the dublin clubs and keep George where he belongs.
With the REBEL ARMY

golly
18/08/2003, 2:44 PM
i have been told that george has been offered double his money which gives him 1600 a week and 22500 signing on fee to go to shels. ive put the question to george bout staying he says he wants to stay he loves the place but he is being messed about by the board. he loves dolan him john dan and doyler are inseprabe honest ive never seen em appart! but we as fans if we want him to stay have to something.

Eric
18/08/2003, 2:56 PM
If he does decide to leave us I'm sure he'll choose $hels ahead of Bohs, not because they can offer him more money but because they've got no fans so he won't be abused:D :D

Seriously though, I had my doubts about him at the start of the season because I thought he didn't put in the required effort. As the season has gone on he has improved hugely with each game and is the most valuable player we have. He is a playmaker yet can still be seen defending back by his own corner flags, every attack we have goes through him.

How City can be stalling on a new contract for him is beyond me!!!

Do whatever it takes and keep him at the X

Eric

SSS
18/08/2003, 7:12 PM
Originally posted by golly
i have been told that george has been offered double his money which gives him 1600 a week and 22500 signing on fee to go to shels. ive put the question to george bout staying he says he wants to stay he loves the place but he is being messed about by the board. he loves dolan him john dan and doyler are inseprabe honest ive never seen em appart! but we as fans if we want him to stay have to something.

If money is to be the deciding factor, I hope George does a proper assessment of the offers - it will cost him more to live in Dublin than Cork.

If the board is messing him about and don't make a reasonable offer, and he leaves as a result....boycotts of a certain chipper, programmes and all merchandise will be called!

If City want success, they will have to pay for players like George. You don't have to look back too far for attendances of about 500 (end of season before last) - those days will return if the club decide to sell the future and settle for mediocrity.

We have the most talented and sought-after player in the league, he wants to stay, Dolan wants him to stay, all fans want him to stay. The ball is in your court Brian. You talked the talk when you took over....Now show him the money.

A face
18/08/2003, 10:08 PM
Let ti be known ............

info@corkcityfc.ie

If you want him to stay !!

Counting Crow
18/08/2003, 10:40 PM
Great idea...........!

pete
19/08/2003, 1:24 PM
I wouldn't be too concerned about Georges lukewarm commenst cos hes got to make the club feel he may leave to ensure he gets a fair contract.

Obviously the club can't spend any amount of money to re-sign George but they also need to get serious & show some ambition by retaining their best players. Its hard enough to find good players without letting them leave to rival clubs. Only by retaining our best players will we have any hope of getting other good players to sign. Playing at the top of the league & in europe will make iot easier to sign players than just money!

ccfcman
19/08/2003, 5:22 PM
ok own up who has there tongue firmly rooted up o'callaghans ass?????c'mon hes a gr8 player but making a banner saying we love u is blowing his ego way out.hes good and should gain due recognition 4 wat he does,but the flag is too much

Gary
19/08/2003, 6:11 PM
You really are a muppet CCFCCHILD. As far as i can see the banner is there to show George that not everyone is against him. If people are going to OTT in abusing him, well then surely a good way of combating that is to go OTT in his praise.

tiktok
19/08/2003, 6:32 PM
well said Gary.

on top of that it'll let Dolan and Lennox know that the fans want him at the club. i don't care how big his ego gets once he continues to play the way he's been doing.

golly
20/08/2003, 12:10 PM
i get a feeling of deja vu ie ollie derek we are going to lose a serious player if lennox doesnt get his finger out and sign georgie up to a new contract sooner rather than later plz brian

Xlex
20/08/2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by SSS
If money is to be the deciding factor, I hope George does a proper assessment of the offers - it will cost him more to live in Dublin than Cork.

this excuse is a no go area. Shels will pay accomodation expenses for any players... they have done in the past and will do in the future...

If he does go to Shels, hope he'll bankrupt them in the process...

adamcarr
21/08/2003, 10:16 PM
the first match i went to in 2 years was de 3-2 wins over bowez and it was georgie who won dat match for us...... so if it wasnt for georgie i wouldnt be going to any matches................ if you dont give georgie a new contract you will lose a lot of fans