PDA

View Full Version : An idea for Christmas

Counting Crow
16/08/2003, 10:06 AM
Here's a thought for the Club that might earn some money during the close season.

With Chorus covering each game at home wouldn't it be great to have a "Highlights Video - The Best of The Cross".

We could have clips from Rovers last season ( 3-2 ), Bohs ( 3-2 ), Longford ( 4-1 ), Waterford MSC ( 1-0 ) and last night etc, etc, etc.

The colour, banners, songs, goals and personalities ( George, Flynny, Greg, ...... and the Big Man himself ) being interviewed.

The English Clubs do it.

John Creedon did an excellent RTE documentary some years ago......maybe he would do it again......I'm sure he'd oblige as he's a huge City fan

I wonder what the break even sales would be with sponsorship etc.

It would be a great keepsake particularly for people living away from home.

ccfc till i die
16/08/2003, 1:36 PM
Fantastic idea, it was brought up on citynet before, bohs did it but I don't know what they made from it.

niamh
16/08/2003, 2:00 PM
I guess it's just up to someone to actually do it. I don't see the club themselves doing although they might help any independent company doing it.

tiktok
16/08/2003, 6:58 PM
that idea was doing the rounds a while back on the forums, i think someone had actually approached the club with the idea and they didn't seem interested. it would make a good stocking filler though.

Cityace
17/08/2003, 11:11 AM
Have an extra bit at the end showing Georgies best moments while playing simply the best.Just to p!ss a certain amount of people off.

A face
17/08/2003, 9:59 PM
Originally posted by Cityace
Have an extra bit at the end showing Georgies best moments while playing simply the best.Just to p!ss a certain amount of people off.

Brilliant idea. :) .... What sound track would you have for that section though ??

tiktok
18/08/2003, 4:35 AM
'Rebel Rebel' by David Bowie.;)

Éanna
20/08/2003, 7:22 PM
Originally posted by A face
Brilliant idea. :) .... What sound track would you have for that section though ?? you're just too good to be true :)

Colm
20/08/2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by A face
What sound track would you have for that section though ??

Magic Moments.:)