PDA

View Full Version : City The Newcastle of the LoI

Counting Crow
16/08/2003, 9:42 AM
With all this talk of conspiracy and jealousy amongst our Dublin cousins ( and I wouldn't doubt it for a moment ) they must really be getting worried that the power is shifting to the south.

OK we may be a season short at the moment from winning the League or Cup but you can see it happening.

Dolan is gradually building a strong, skillfull team with so much heart. The likes of Doyler and Big Derek are massive signings and Casy looks like he could be a big player also.

It must be brilliant for players to play in front of such huge crowds every home game and the passion and noise generated last night can only raise a players game ( as was seen by every one of those in green shirts ).

The similarities are there to be seen between us and The Magpies ( on a smaller scale of course ..... for you Sky fans......don't mean to offend you )

One other pleasing aspect last night was the amount of people wearing some sort of City shirt.

We are on the verge of big things.........mark my word. One or two more good signings and we will be real contenders.

The sands are shifting...........the ironic thing is that a successful City is good for the LoI.

tiktok
16/08/2003, 6:37 PM
i understand where you're coming from in terms of the support and the passion, and having a manager who lives and breathes the sport. on the down side, newcastle haven't won anything in years, they're about as successful as you can be without winning anything.

city have the passion side of the equation now, it's time to get to winning trophies.

patsh
17/08/2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by tiktok

city have the passion side of the equation now, it's time to get to winning trophies.
You are right there tiktok, we have the passion, but lack, imo, another 2 players. Another really good striker and a midfielder.
Maybe McLaugh will solve the mid area, but are Behan or Colin P really good enough at the moment as backup for Flynnie?

tiktok
17/08/2003, 5:54 PM
yeah i agree that we're still a little light, i think the recent run of games shows that despite how hard he works, flynny definitely is in need of a partner up front who is an out and out striker, if only to create a bit more space.

i've said it in a lot of posts but i still think that georgie could be the attacking midfielder we need (i don't agree with those who suggest he wouldn't get stuck in when the chips are down).

yiddo
17/08/2003, 7:06 PM
We're not Newcastle we're Barcelona. They're being screwed by the b*stards in Madrid and we're being screwed by the b*stards in Jackeenland. :D :D :D