PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News

jonboy
13/06/2008, 1:48 PM
any news on players being released or coming in during the window? is myler leaving along with franco or is this just the usual gossip

naoise kennedy
13/06/2008, 4:28 PM
any news on players being released or coming in during the window? is myler leaving along with franco or is this just the usual gossip

did'nt myler play last week in rockmount, so he's cup tied but franco did'nt play so i could see him going

BrayUnknowns
25/06/2008, 8:05 AM
Can't see any players leaving myself, unless they are young lads going out on loan.

1st thing we should look at doing during the transfer windown is securing the services of Derek Foran, he can be a real legend for us, another Jody Lynch in the making, a great footballing centre half.

Also need to bring in a big striker, Mansram from Bohs would be super, loan signing until the end of the season. Or even someone like Barrett from Drogheda would give us a real injection of pace up front.

braysnumber1
28/06/2008, 6:35 PM
defo need a couple new signings. the squad is a bit thin in some key positions. i'd like them to sign a player for each position (gk, defender, midfielder and striker - total 4). i think we'l only need a gk if skippy gets onto the aussie olympic team, he'l be gone for over a month.

i'd like em to sign murphy and rice off rovers, regi nootimer from galway and maybe even alvin rouse (gk) from galway too.

oh and top priority must be to keep a hold off derek foran from pats. he has been briliant so far.

lowflyingseagul
03/07/2008, 10:22 AM
in this mornings mirror it says that bray are trying to sign foran permantly and they have released paddy mahon

naoise kennedy
03/07/2008, 11:09 AM
in this mornings mirror it says that bray are trying to sign foran permantly and they have released paddy mahon
any news on franco saga,, being left out of squad for tuesday match, not being told about change of venue for training last monday etc..

dublinwanderer
04/07/2008, 4:06 PM
afaik foran has signed on loan for the rest of the season. if true its great news.

BrayUnknowns
11/07/2008, 12:27 PM
afaik foran has signed on loan for the rest of the season. if true its great news.

Was passing the Carlisle earlier and almost sure i saw him getting onto the team bus so i presume we got him for the rest of the season?

Also heard a very strong story that Aidan O'Keefe from Drogheda is coming in. Great signing if true ! has pace to burn and would work well with what we already have.

naoise kennedy
11/07/2008, 7:03 PM
Was passing the Carlisle earlier and almost sure i saw him getting onto the team bus so i presume we got him for the rest of the season?

Also heard a very strong story that Aidan O'Keefe from Drogheda is coming in. Great signing if true ! has pace to burn and would work well with what we already have.

also heard about o'keefe coming to bray.. he is ok about it but the manager is not too happy..

superfrank
11/07/2008, 7:16 PM
he is ok about it but the manager is not too happy..
Which manager?

naoise kennedy
11/07/2008, 7:19 PM
Which manager?

sorry.. his manager. i'm sure eddie would jump at getting o'keefe after he let mccabe out on loan,, maybe eddie already knows that's why he let mccabe go.???????

DRDoc
12/07/2008, 12:08 AM
Well Okeeffe has said no to Dundalk - so now ye have a very very good chance of landing him

naoise kennedy
13/07/2008, 7:05 PM
Well Okeeffe has said no to Dundalk - so now ye have a very very good chance of landing him

looks like o keeffe is on the way alright...all most certain

bray boy
14/07/2008, 11:16 AM
going to be honest cant put a face to o keeffes name.Whats he like??as in bring anything different to the squad that we dont have already?

superfrank
14/07/2008, 1:02 PM
He scores goals anyway, once he's playing.

BrayUnknowns
14/07/2008, 1:07 PM
going to be honest cant put a face to o keeffes name.Whats he like??as in bring anything different to the squad that we dont have already?

Good player with pace to burn, can play up front or n the wing AFAIK.

http://www.droghedaunited.ie/player/index/id/22

Seagull-4-life
14/07/2008, 3:01 PM
foran's come to us permanent and we've got phillip keogh back

jonboy
14/07/2008, 3:05 PM
franco is playing for shels tonights against milwall, just spoke to a pal of mine on the shels committee

Seagull-4-life
14/07/2008, 3:09 PM
franco is playing for shels tonights against milwall, just spoke to a pal of mine on the shels committee

is he gone 2 dem on loan den or wat???

superfrank
14/07/2008, 3:19 PM
Could be just a trial.

superfrank
14/07/2008, 8:34 PM
Franco scored for Shels tonight.

RTÉ (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0714/bray.html) are saying we signed Derek Foran permanently and that Pip is back.

Great signing in Foran. He has to be one of the best prospects in the league. Surprised Pats let him go.

Glad to see Pip back as well. He always gives his all for the team.

naoise kennedy
14/07/2008, 9:17 PM

RTÉ (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0714/bray.html) are saying we signed Derek Foran permanently and that Pip is back.

Great signing in Foran. He has to be one of the best prospects in the league. Surprised Pats let him go.

Glad to see Pip back as well. He always gives his all for the team.

is this the start of a loan deal for franco????????????

superfrank
14/07/2008, 9:19 PM
It was only a friendly so it could be a trial.

naoise kennedy
14/07/2008, 10:16 PM
just shows he can still score goals..........c'mon eddie give franco a chance

jonboy
15/07/2008, 11:04 AM
franco has signed a loan deal with shels till the end of the season .....big mistake imo

Seagull-4-life
15/07/2008, 12:54 PM
franco has signed a loan deal with shels till the end of the season .....big mistake imo

We've got aidan o'keefe on loan for the rest of the season so it's alright

superfrank
15/07/2008, 1:01 PM
We've got aidan o'keefe on loan for the rest of the season so it's alright
Good signing. He's scored goals wherever he's been.

Seagull-4-life
15/07/2008, 1:35 PM
Good signing. He's scored goals wherever he's been.

Hope he plays tonight.

naoise kennedy
15/07/2008, 4:04 PM
Hope he plays tonight.

going straight into squad for tonight, best of luck to franco, did not get on with eddie, that was never going to get any better, he needs a change, get a few games score loads of goals and get promoted next season..

Trainee
17/07/2008, 2:43 PM
Heard Daryl Robson signed for Bray today from galway utd any truth in it?

he is a 19 year old centre midfeild who we signed from Middlesbrough FC last season

tippex
17/07/2008, 2:45 PM
Yep we've signed him confirmed on the club site.

SalvadorSanchez
22/07/2008, 1:13 PM
Heard Daryl Robson signed for Bray today from galway utd any truth in it?

he is a 19 year old centre midfeild who we signed from Middlesbrough FC last season

He's a good little player, gets stuck in and can pass a bit, we held onto him all this time when he was injured and then off loaded him when he's close to fitness!
give him a few weeks and he'll do a job for you guys. I remember last season when we won a crucial game he was the one who went over to the crowd punching the air, it meant more to him than a lot of the senior players....
I think we just made a terrible mistake because we need to get someone in to help Ciaran Foley in centre-mid....

deecay
26/07/2008, 7:10 PM
Whys Gary McCabe gone to Shels on loan? I always seen him as one of yer best players

naoise kennedy
26/07/2008, 7:27 PM
Whys Gary McCabe gone to Shels on loan? I always seen him as one of yer best players

has not played well this season, kavanagh and whelan also playing on the wings, he was taken off at half time when we played galway in the league cup and i thing there might have been another fallen out with eddie.???????

centre mid
31/07/2008, 7:01 PM
Whelan has been a bit dissapointing so far this year.