PDA

View Full Version : Any Chance of a Loan, Jeff?

GuisaSaigon
13/06/2008, 1:03 PM
According to today's Star Jeff Kenna has put his Spanish holiday villa on the market for €2.5 million. " Due to the Irish football season it is difficult for him to visit during the summer".
I'm sure we could find him a nice cottage in Connemara and have some change out of €2.5 million:D

Paddyfield
13/06/2008, 7:27 PM
According to today's Star Jeff Kenna has put his Spanish holiday villa on the market for €2.5 million. " Due to the Irish football season it is difficult for him to visit during the summer".
I'm sure we could find him a nice cottage in Connemara and have some change out of €2.5 million:D

Or he could buy a home in the city and take out a mortgage to pay the balance

eamo1
13/06/2008, 11:39 PM
If he invested even 100,000 of that in the team next month then we would get 5/6 good players but i realise you cant ask him to do that.Sounds like he plans on sticking around though,moving his family over here too.

gufcfan
14/06/2008, 3:50 AM
Is it completely inconceivable that he may see Galway as a good place to bring up his family?

Terry
14/06/2008, 9:52 AM
he could invest some money so to avoid the drop, which would also avoid him losing a large percentage of his wage which was a clause in his contract I believe.

gufcfan
14/06/2008, 11:37 AM
Fair point.

Paddyfield
14/06/2008, 4:07 PM
Is it completely inconceivable that he may see Galway as a good place to bring up his family?

I am bringing up my kids in Galway and would recommend it to anyone.

galwayhoop
17/06/2008, 12:46 PM
Fair point.

No it isn't a fair point. It's completely off the wall to suggest a manager should use some of his own money to invest in the club. Cop on. Personally I don't think stuff like the value of his property assets should be appearing either in the paper or discussed on an internet forum!

Patrick Dunne
17/06/2008, 10:28 PM
The United internet mentality in an nutshell.

Hardcore United fan to give E5 a week to support the club :
"No way !"

Manager who is here two months to donate part of the proceeds from the sale of his house to fund the club :
"Yes, that would a good idea".

Bizarre.