PDA

View Full Version : Cork City 1-0 Shamrock Rovers

tiktok
15/08/2003, 9:29 PM
Cork City 1-0 Shamrock Rovers

gutted i wasn't at it, the atmosphere sounded great, and it sounds like city deserved the win, delighted that flynny is back knocking them in. the thoughts seem to be that Bennett had to go, and fair play to the lads for digging in to produce a win after playing with ten men for so long.

didn't hear what kind of reception derek got when he came on, how did he do? (heard the reception reynolds got though:D ).

dcnags
15/08/2003, 10:12 PM
Derek got a great reception when he came on at half time and almost whenever he cleared the ball he got a cheer!Delighted for the lads they were all outstanding.Reynolds played ****e and was subbed.nice to see that:D.

may have had 4 less goals but was definatly as good a match as our 3-2 win against them last year if not better.

City for the league!!!:D :D :D

Hitman
15/08/2003, 10:34 PM
Bennett may have deserved to go, but John was hauled down twice when through on goal, at the very least yellows, yet our good friend Jim O' Neill produced nothing. He also booked Dan for giving the ball to their keeper. The muppet gets worse every time.

Counting Crow
15/08/2003, 10:57 PM
Wasn't that booking of Dan just the most incredible thisng ever seen at a football match..

For those not at the game, Rovers won a free in their own box and Dan caught the ball and through it back to Ryan.

That deranged O'Neill called him back and booked him.

Defies belief.

Hitman
15/08/2003, 11:00 PM
I think he sent Anthony Buckley off for touching the ball with his feet against Bray two years ago. And they equalised from the free-kick.

mouldymurphy
16/08/2003, 2:23 AM
just read its a class report even explains all the baners from soccercentral (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?mainheading=Eircom&id=10550&viewstory=yes)

SSS
16/08/2003, 7:03 AM
Jim, Jim, Jim..what can I say.:mad: :confused:

The only good decision he made all night was to send off Benno.

Rovers could also have had one done for a similar enought tackle.

Booking Danno (cue Jack Lord pun) was a complete joke and CCFC MUST appeal that one (can you appeal a yellow?). Later in the season Dan could end up up suspended on the back of that ridiculous decision.

He also booked Colin for mouthing off, but not Rennie who ranted non-stop while on the pitch.

As for the offside goal..anyone have a view on that - looked pretty OK to me.

Neil
18/08/2003, 4:09 PM
Some good photos added to the gallery on citynet (http://citynet.cjb.net)