PDA

View Full Version : Foley and Silke to go

el insider
15/08/2003, 8:36 PM
This news has ome from a very reliable source that kieron foley an tom silke are goijng to leave as matthews doesnt need them as he believes he has enough cover in defence

Estar
16/08/2003, 9:26 AM
Originally posted by el insider
This news has ome from a very reliable source that kieron foley an tom silke are goijng to leave as matthews doesnt need them as he believes he has enough cover in defence

Tom Silke is a good player, I'd like to see him join Kildare County. Has he played for Athlone Town and Galway Utd before?

techs
16/08/2003, 12:26 PM
foley wont be much of a loss, silke was treated roughly by matthews. we went from having a great defence last year to a poor one this year that was chopped and changed for no reason. silke deserves another go. he should get a go in cup tonight seen as ferguson is out and gartland is ineligable

De Town
16/08/2003, 5:28 PM
It said in the Mirror today that they were going to be loaned out to Sligo. Foley is a good player. When he has played in defence, he hasn't miised 1 header. Silke is a good squad player to have, he has never really let us down.

pineapple stu
17/08/2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Estar
Tom Silke is a good player, I'd like to see him join Kildare County. Has he played for Athlone Town and Galway Utd before?

Yep, he played for Galway when they were relegated (2000/01) anyway. Think he went to Athlone then and on to Longford?

Maz
17/08/2003, 2:04 PM
Saw Foley at the game last night but didn't see Silke.... was he there? new signings Paisley and gartland were there!

techs
17/08/2003, 4:26 PM
Ye if you had have looked at the bench you'd have seen him. he was a sub

Maz
17/08/2003, 4:47 PM
lol :o was concentratin 2 hard on the game!

sadloserkid
17/08/2003, 9:25 PM
Originally posted by Maz
lol :o was concentratin 2 hard on the game!

Me too, me too... :( I'd like to claim we were robbed but really...

I did meet Martinho though which cheered me up no end! :)

Seriously best of luck to ye anyway and good luck with taking over our League Cup! :p

Xlex
18/08/2003, 8:13 AM
Feckin sorry to see Silke go, never really let us down but with the number of defenders at the club something has to give, he picked up knocks at unfortunate times but really Mathews never gave the guy much chance lately... A sound fellow too... :(

Macy
18/08/2003, 8:21 AM
While I'm sorry to see them go, I reckon we have the cover there... Hopefully their wages will now be released for a midfielder, although it was a relief not put up with Sheridan on Saturday....

Slk - You some ignorant boll0x - ignoring me on Saturday... Admittedly I was telling you to get yer hair cut, but still... :) And I know Limerick were sh!t but was that any reason to go around getting a Birthday card signed all the second half???

sadloserkid
18/08/2003, 7:01 PM
Originally posted by Macy
Slk - You some ignorant boll0x - ignoring me on Saturday... Admittedly I was telling you to get yer hair cut, but still... :) And I know Limerick were sh!t but was that any reason to go around getting a Birthday card signed all the second half???

Macy, I'm gutted now of course but I didn't hear you at all on Saturday - I've perfected a kinda intuitive defence mechanism that prevents me from hearing anything derogatory about my hair! :D Which means I live in a world of near-silence but it's a small price to pay for an ego the size of Roy's.

As for the card, it was a get well card for our on-loan cruciate victim Gareth Cooney. I suggested an 'Enjoy your retirement' card but was overuled alas...