PDA

View Full Version : Funny isn't it..............

Xlex
31/08/2001, 5:06 PM
and Stephen Kenny will be looking to Eric Lavine to finally score his first goal for the club.

from eircomleague.net

So true, whats the odds???

Long shot........
:rolleyes:

dinny
31/08/2001, 5:14 PM
lads and lassies,

where is everyone meeting up for a pint before or after the game ?

Xlex
31/08/2001, 5:16 PM
Fagans in drumcondra, me thinks (trying hard to reach 100 posts)

Pauro 76
31/08/2001, 6:04 PM
Hmmm that wouldnt be a vague reference to myself now would it??? ;) Wont be at the game, workmates leaving do, cant get out of it! I tried though....

Xlex
01/09/2001, 12:52 PM
Just to add insult to injury Pauro7, the longford roar didn't happen

Pauro 76
01/09/2001, 2:23 PM
Sounds like your missing the roar Xlex!!!

Xlex
03/09/2001, 9:51 AM
The team is purring like a sick Kitten at the moment....... Why roar like a lion

Was talking to Stuie Byrne in Fagans in Drumcondra. He walks in and I called him over, He mentions how Sh!t we were, just as Sinéad goes Jesus in a discusted state (cause I called him over just after falling off my stool) And he goes 'Yeah I know' embarressed cause I ended up talking more sh!t to poor old Stuie

Macy
03/09/2001, 10:32 AM
It's no good the players admitting it, they've got to do something about it (even the bucky army's hero stuey!). Worst performance, and defo worst support for the team in a long time :(

Xlex
03/09/2001, 10:57 AM
I think that, at times, Stuie and Reynolds showed their fustration on the pitch. We're lacking width and general cohesion. Our front men are not facing goal quick enough and at times we have serious trouble building attacks and holding possesion. When we let Shels play on the deck in the second half, they always looked likely to add goals

Macy
03/09/2001, 11:14 AM
But is it the players up front, or is it the way they are being told to play? Personally i think it's a combination, but we need full points from the next two home games. It's only Corks continuing poor form that gives me hope of staying up at this stage....

Xlex
03/09/2001, 12:31 PM
if its not what their been told..... Then they not been instructed to undo it, I'ld nearly go to Celbridge and have a look..... Maybe their focusing on Lavine on the training pitch and nothing works with the doss c u n t

Macy
03/09/2001, 12:56 PM
Well, I've heard it from 'sources close to the team' that basically they have been told to hit it in to Lavine to hold it up. Now maybe it's that the players aren't getting there to support him, or he just can't do that job. Whichever, we shouldn't be playing long ball sh!te football. We have always done our best when we have got it down on the deck and played football.

Xlex
03/09/2001, 1:22 PM
He seems to hold the right side most of the time, with Kirby tending to drift in field during the game it maybe leaving Lavine short on options on the wing. Passing in field, we're not good enough upfront or Lavine doesn't turn to feed ball toward his strike partner, I think if Lavine himself scored, he may well change the direction of his play, I certainly don't want to say he isn't trying, but his methods are not working. He is holding good ball up tho, as instructed.

Also Prunty may look like a more favorourable left back, Molloy is left sided isn't he? It may create a better balance on the left. I think pruntys pace with a good partnership on the left (perhaps)gavin maybe a better option than Weso and Sean, Weso seems to have a problem playing Prunty in.... and we know what Seans able to do.

Macy
03/09/2001, 1:30 PM
I see Kirby as more of a problem than Lavine. We're losing all shape because he's everywhere except on his wing. Again I wouldn't like to be too hard on him, in case it's instructions (which you have to wonder it is, as that's the second game in a row he's done it, and surely he would be told otherwise?!).
I personally think that everyone is being too harsh on Lavine - it's the style we're playing, and the balls into him that are the problem. Bring back Richie........

Xlex
03/09/2001, 1:39 PM
And your thoughts on the Left??

Macy
03/09/2001, 1:54 PM
Well I would have said that a left full should've been a priority close season (far more than a striker). It could be that Molloy was brought in for that purpose, but we'll have to wait and see when he's fit. Right side of midfield is more of a problem at the moment - Murph is our best attacking option down that side, and that's not right!

JC_GUFC
03/09/2001, 4:39 PM
Speaking from experience he's a very greedy player, he likes to be the star of the show and doesn't want anyone else to be the fans' favourite. When Stephen Grant joined last season Eric didn't get on with him at all because he became the new hero.

I always maintained that Eric would probably be a good player behind 2 strikers, he could pick the ball up from deep and run at the defenders, which he does very well.

He's not an out and out goalscorer but by this stage last season he'd scored 5 goals (and got 10 in total!)

CU
JC

Xlex
03/09/2001, 5:14 PM
He will earn respect at Longford. He may stop the sh!t, got it hard to celebrate the fourth goal against Cork, He was looking to be played in and Kirby took a shot which ended up in the net and you could see the c u n t was p!ssed off it wasn't him, like Nicolas Anelka.

Macy
03/09/2001, 5:23 PM
Reserve judgement. Xlex - you've had it in for him since day one! I know I was with you in not thinking it was the right signing, but lets wait a while. You know that he's been told to hold up the ball, and been brought in to do that. If that's not his natural, or best game, is that his fault or the managers? We're playing too deep, with too many long balls. We hammered Cork with good passing football, and width.

Xlex
03/09/2001, 5:34 PM
... I do remember what happened when we scored that fourth goal......

He is doing the holding job well, and I've always acknowledged that...... Width is our main job.....

Macy
03/09/2001, 5:37 PM
Yeah, but thats Kirby not Lavine.

Xlex
03/09/2001, 5:44 PM
And again I've agreed with you on that... We need Kirby to produce width..... I have been getting on Lavines case in public, but I want him to be a success with LTFC and I believe He can be

JC said
he's a very greedy player, he likes to be the star of the show and doesn't want anyone else to be the fans' favourite.

I don't believe that character is desirable....

That's all... I'm sure you'll agree with that much Macy

Xlex
11/11/2003, 4:31 PM
good auld thread from a while back... when we used to have a debate... do well to read this max... Some of it is coming back to haunt us tho...

Macy
11/11/2003, 5:06 PM
Originally posted by Xlex
good auld thread from a while back... when we used to have a debate... do well to read this max... Some of it is coming back to haunt us tho...
Fookin hell.... Still the same fookin problem - not playing football...

Interesting how Lavine started playing well and has gone sh!t, and how Kirby started off sh!t and is now essential to the team.....

Actually we were just talking about Molloy on Saturday in Johann's, and whether we got rid to early......

See you in Fagans - although no falling off stools Xlex! :)

Enda M
11/11/2003, 6:52 PM
i cannot believe how so many of yopu are having a go at lavine he is one of the best players on the team.its the way our manager has us playing end of story.blame manager not lavine or kirby....ffs

Macy
12/11/2003, 10:03 AM
If you're talking about this thread, then I defo blame the manager - Kenny OUT!!!!

If you're talking about now, WTF!?!?!?! Francis and Barrett seem to have no problem with the manager's tatic's..... Lavine was absolute muck last night and if anyone offers 30cent, let alone the €30,000 Derry offered last close season, we should snap their hand off....

max power
12/11/2003, 10:17 AM
and what are you trying to say............ you and macy can debate away but as soon as someone else disagrees with yee it all changes and yee are all knowing and we know nothing.

wasn't at the game due to work, what was the general game like, does it say anything about the team that rovers lost their keeper put in an outfield player and we still only scored one ????

i'm going from reports on newstalk on the above.

dinny
12/11/2003, 11:01 AM
Lavine didn't try till he got booked, he was muck. He didn't look interested at all

Plus anyone see the Irish Times match report from last night !!!!!!

SUPER KEEPER and no not Robinson but Shane Barrett who kept a cleansheet for the town !!!!

Also the Sun says that Sean Francis was man of the match for Waterford !!!!

Xlex
12/11/2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by max power
and what are you trying to say............ you and macy can debate away but as soon as someone else disagrees with yee it all changes and yee are all knowing and we know nothing.

no it's when we were interested in a debate, thats what we were here for... ****ing listened to eack other and agreed/disagreed... you still haven't said anything about the Francis/Lavine issue pre-cup final and I feel we've been vindicated by Seanie... Lavine was muck on a stick last night... and anyone who was there last night should realise that...

anyone who felt Franics should start ahead of Lavine has been vindicated... bigtime...

Now I'm seriously contemplating not bothering my hole to reply to a thing you have to say because your a right pain in the @rse

max power
12/11/2003, 11:10 AM
xlex another pointless post

Macy
12/11/2003, 2:14 PM
Jesus shouldn't be getting involved in this.....

I think the point was that debate can happen on here, and that me and Xlex don't necessarily agree on everything.....

But what about the Francis/ Lavine thing? No harm in admitting you're wrong (just look above I was back in 2001!)
:)

max power
12/11/2003, 3:03 PM
i do agree that my thoughts on eric changed after he didn't bother going for an empty goal in cup final

Enda M
12/11/2003, 7:34 PM
i still think he is a good player.one bad performance doesnt make you a bad player francis and barrett had ****e games against drogheda.as much as i feel eric adds to team at the moment francis is scoring goals so he isnt going to dislodge him end of story.

Macy
13/11/2003, 9:36 AM
Originally posted by Enda M
i still think he is a good player.one bad performance doesnt make you a bad player francis and barrett had ****e games against drogheda.
One bad game? He's been sh!te all season...... People are still blinded by the first season and a half at the club - now he just doesn't look interested....... The committee were mad to turn down €30,000 in the close season, and fair fooks to the one or two that wanted to take the money....

max power
13/11/2003, 10:19 AM
i do like eric but he is just not up to it at the mo, his link up play is good but he needs to shoot, he doesn't do that any more and to be honest i can see him going in the close season unless something anazing happens between now and then

Macy
13/11/2003, 10:40 AM
Actually I can see him staying as I can't see anyone coming in for him..... He will do well if he does leave, being given a new lease of life at a new club, but he's gone stale at Town......

Xlex
13/11/2003, 10:53 AM
he ahs a fair auld contract at the moment... If he isn't part of first team plans next season he'll be going for nothing, free up some cash for a decent midfielder... i say...

Enda M
13/11/2003, 8:46 PM
???

max power
14/11/2003, 9:31 AM
i think we are all sick in the face of saying we need a decent midfielder.

Xlex
14/11/2003, 11:25 AM
for sure, but least anyone forget.... ;)