PDA

View Full Version : City in A League?

sligoman
10/06/2008, 11:32 PM
Weren't Kilkenny supposed to be entering a team in the A league? Or was it the U-20 league?

Mr A
11/06/2008, 2:26 PM
It was definitely only ever Mervue, Salthill, Fingal and Tullamore entering the A league, although I think a few clubs including Fanad did not make the grade for it. I suspect the deadlines for that league would have been a bit tight for Kilkenny.

I think there was word of Kilkenny entering the U20 league though.

The question is whether there are any people with the will to help bring them back to league football?

amjl
13/06/2008, 2:56 PM
The question is whether there are any people with the will to help bring them back to league football?

The will to do it is not the main issue but the ability to do it however is another one altogether. The club need to get in the right people in who will try to rebuild the club back up to make a push for the A Championship.

I have heard that they will be be entering a team into the new under 20 league this season so hopefully we're getting back on the right track.

gufcfan
16/06/2008, 4:30 AM
I have heard that they will be be entering a team into the new under 20 league this season so hopefully we're getting back on the right track.

I wish Kilkenny the very best in trying to return to the Eircom League.

It's horrible to see a club disintegrate like that.