PDA

View Full Version : Ronaldinho

Lionel Ritchie
09/06/2008, 3:12 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3668668,00.html

Just picturing the chat his agent/brother had with him "...okay Ron the games up for us here in Barca -but I've good news -pack your bags kid -YOU'RE going to Manchester... I'll fill you in on the details ...um ...on the plane"

gustavo
09/06/2008, 3:13 PM
A great signing if they can get them , still can be one of the greats, should be just approaching his peak by now

gilberto_eire
09/06/2008, 4:57 PM
Thing i don't get is there has'nt been any transfer fee's mentioned just wages.

Did i miss something?.

I'm surprised there has'nt been any interest from the big guns round Europe, the only one i know who would'nt be interested are Man Utd, for the fact Fergie won't pay crazy money for a player entering his 30's, you'd think Liverpool would go for him instead of buying another £10 million dud in the near future(which they usually do, splash out on a suspect player who flops instead of just going for proper quality)

Although i would'nt be surprised if it was all paper rumours and he ends up somewhere better then City

jebus
09/06/2008, 6:30 PM
I heard €20m for him, Liverpool couldn't afford that or his wages to be honest. Arsenal won't break their wage structure for whatever reason, Chelsea were burnt with Shevchenko, I'm surprised the Milans or Juve haven't come in though

superfrank
09/06/2008, 7:50 PM
Thing i don't get is there has'nt been any transfer fee's mentioned just wages.

Did i miss something?
FIFA have some rule that a player over 28 with less than two years left on his contract can buy out his contract and make a free transfer to a different club. Or something like that.

In other words, Man City give Ronaldinho the money it would take for him to buy out his Braca contract and then they sign him on a free transfer.

elroy
10/06/2008, 8:57 AM
I def wouldnt sign him, hes clearly disinterested with football at the moment and his behaviour over the last few months with Barca has been a disgrace. If hes not gonna perform for Barca, i can hardly see him turning it on for man city!!

OwlsFan
10/06/2008, 9:09 AM
FIFA have some rule that a player over 28 with less than two years left on his contract can buy out his contract and make a free transfer to a different club. Or something like that.

I don't think FIFA can make a rule governing a contract between two third parties. If the club is willing to permit someone buy out their contract, that's between the parties. FIFA may say they have no objection to it.

Dodge
10/06/2008, 9:21 AM
I don't think FIFA can make a rule governing a contract between two third parties. If the club is willing to permit someone buy out their contract, that's between the parties. FIFA may say they have no objection to it.
The rule is that the club cannot stop a player over 28 buying out the remainder of his contract.

Of course if its mutual it can be done at any time, by any age group

OwlsFan
10/06/2008, 9:39 AM
The rule is that the club cannot stop a player over 28 buying out the remainder of his contract.

Unless there is something in the actual contract that states that, I'd like to see FIFA try and enforce that if a club decided otherwise. The law of contract would supercede any FIFA rule but of course FIFA could then take action against the club for breaching its rules.

Dodge
10/06/2008, 9:41 AM
Unless there is something in the actual contract that states that, I'd like to see FIFA try and enforce that if a club decided otherwise. The law of contract would supercede any FIFA rule but of course FIFA could then take action against the club for breaching its rules.
Well thats the crux. Like the player development fee for u23s, its part of football law so if clubs want to play in sanctioned tournaments, they've no choice but to keep to them