PDA

View Full Version : Mns - 9/06/08

EAFC_rdfl
09/06/2008, 11:25 AM
Can't believe its on at midnight tonight, would the bbc do that with highlights of the FA cup 3rd round? Why can't they have it on straight after the euros at ten o'clock instead of showing that CSI muck!?
There's a new part to it tonight supposedly, profiling up and coming players with Seamus Coleman 1st up, Killybegs lad I think

Boo_Boy
09/06/2008, 11:29 AM
Why can't they have it on straight after the euros at ten o'clock instead of showing that CSI muck!?

ey!

CSI is a great show, dont be dissin it!:D

Anyways, its not a big deal, its only for 1 week!

Whip out the VHS & record it if you get tired..

Dodge
09/06/2008, 11:32 AM
Can't believe its on at midnight tonight, would the bbc do that with highlights of the FA cup 3rd round?
yes, they have done in the past.

Simply put, CSI gets more viewers and they abviously think tere's no point is ****ing off viewers of both programmes. And tbh the league (and all the non laegue teams0 are probably going to look **** compared with Holland/Italy

centre mid
09/06/2008, 12:05 PM
You can also watch it online at your leisure Here (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns/)

oldyouth
09/06/2008, 12:24 PM
I Sky Plus it anyway and watch it the next day. I fast forward through all the chat and just watch the games. I never (have to) listen to Shoddy Collins

Boo_Boy
09/06/2008, 12:30 PM
I Sky Plus it anyway and watch it the next day. I fast forward through all the chat and just watch the games. I never (have to) listen to Shoddy Collins

The sky info page says just Damian Richardson is on.

Im delighted its not on at 8...now i can watch Kenan & Kel!:p

Olander
09/06/2008, 12:30 PM
There's a new part to it tonight supposedly, profiling up and coming players with Seamus Coleman 1st up, Killybegs lad I think

very good player.

they might need an interpretor tho. i remember listening to an interview with him after a game on tg4. the only word i understood was when he said **** by accident :D

stann
09/06/2008, 1:49 PM
yes, they have done in the past.

Simply put, CSI gets more viewers and they abviously think tere's no point is ****ing off viewers of both programmes.

Indeed. As well as that, two live football matches back to back is enough for one channel without immediately following them with another hour of football.
I'd have been shocked if they had shown it straight after, they do have to cater to more than just us after all. Putting up with it for one week is not a big deal.

kingdomkerry
09/06/2008, 3:01 PM

Whoooooooooo loves orange soda?

Duggie
09/06/2008, 3:49 PM

hehehehe:D

pineapple stu
09/06/2008, 4:10 PM
Simply put, CSI gets more viewers and they abviously think tere's no point is ****ing off viewers of both programmes.
Especially when it's on the internet within a few hours too.

Dunny
09/06/2008, 11:06 PM
Starting now.

superfrank
09/06/2008, 11:11 PM
You'd think that they'd go for Shamrock versus Sligo to appease all viewers.

pete
09/06/2008, 11:56 PM
Any one else getting bored with MNS format? Some of the reports and footage seem very poor.

Even Con Murphy was suggesting viewers to go to bed and watch on the web site.

superfrank
10/06/2008, 12:00 AM
It's just the novelty wearing off.

Sheridan
10/06/2008, 12:08 AM
I think it's complacency setting in on the MNS team's part, too. Did you hear Con Murphy asking Pat Morley (who gave the wrong answer) whether the mid-season break was for Euro 2008 or "just happens anyway?" Why didn't he know that himself, and why ask Pat Morley of all people??

Your man Jennings does my head in, with his BBC-style flippant/smug match reports. Just call the bloody game, you spanner.

Hopefully they'll have freshened the format when they return.

deecay
10/06/2008, 12:19 AM
Far to much talking,not enough football

kingdomkerry
10/06/2008, 8:09 AM
I was watching it in bed but only saw about half it before ZZzzzzzzzzzz

forza rovers
10/06/2008, 8:18 AM
why wasn't the ting with seamie Coleman not showed?

Ash
10/06/2008, 8:32 AM
They had Dick Brush on the 60 Sec interview ....

MNS: Is Keith Foy worth his weight in gold :D
Brush: He's worth way way more

Terry
10/06/2008, 8:53 AM
They had Dick Brush on the 60 Sec interview ....

MNS: Is Keith Foy worth his weight in gold :D
Brush: He's worth way way more

Apparently he also has the best 6 pack, must have been that belgium lager you can get down in aldi !

pete
10/06/2008, 9:01 AM
I know I am not the target audience for that 60 thing but thats wearing thin now too. RTE need to freshen up the format as can't stick with same for an entire season. Event the punditry is getting TV-esque. Dare I say maybe they need Roddy on more as at least provokes debate.

WoodquayBoy
10/06/2008, 10:22 AM
That 60 is real hit or miss. I mean 'jumpers or goalposts?' - what the hell kind of question was that? You could see her struggling for questions about halfway through.
Can they not show team line-ups as part of highlights of game??
Also, the penalty that Waterford didn't get. The game was on Friday, The highlights were Monday. A total of 72 hours to get the name of the United offender correct, and they couldn't even manage that (it was Vinny Faherty, not John Fitzgerald as stated).
By the by, presume that means Mark Gough can expect a few weeks off now. As stonewall a penalty as there ever has been.

pete
10/06/2008, 11:08 AM
Can they not show team line-ups as part of highlights of game??

I agree. Maybe its just me but even if I do not read match reports in the paper I always have a glance at team line outs for other teams.

razor
10/06/2008, 11:17 AM
I know I am not the target audience for that 60 thing but thats wearing thin now too. RTE need to freshen up the format Maybe they could come south with it?

Ash
10/06/2008, 11:18 AM
A total of 72 hours to get the name of the United offender correct, and they couldn't even manage that (it was Vinny Faherty, not John Fitzgerald as stated).

I might have misheard but during the Pats-Longford game did they say
that full back Alan "Chunky" O'Riorden filled in when Gallagher was suspended???
I was half asleep so they might have correctly called him Chucky, but sounded
like Chunky!

Longfordian
10/06/2008, 11:34 AM
Yeah yer man called him 'Chunky' alright, I doubt he'll be impressed.

gufcfan
10/06/2008, 12:46 PM
I heard "Chunky" aswel.

rambler14
11/06/2008, 9:57 PM
Yeah I heard Chunky too!

What about that Pat Jennings? He's absolutely awful. He's been on the last 2 MNS' and each time they've showed him fookin up. His attempts at kicking in the Shams match were disgraceful for a footballer.

Richard Brush is surely better than that waste of space???.............which I personally think he is!

sligofan4ever
11/06/2008, 10:35 PM
Jenneings is a decent shot stopper but that's about all he's good for

I only seen one good thing from that man in the match he made 1 good save I mean come on both of his failures were on the good, the bad and the ugly section! and why wasnt the thing with Seamy Coleman on ? would they have ran out of time to show it ?

Derry
12/06/2008, 1:44 PM
Very dissappointing that they didn't show all the cup games.

Ash
12/06/2008, 1:57 PM
Waht games did they not show? That's bad form alright

Athlone Town 2-1 Finn Harps
Our best performance in years!

celticV3
12/06/2008, 1:57 PM
Jenneings is a decent shot stopper but that's about all he's good for

He made one decent save and it was offside when he made it, terrible goalkeeper.

Rovers fan
12/06/2008, 1:59 PM
He made one decent save and it was offside when he made it, terrible goalkeeper.

So,its not as if he knew he was offside. He had a few good saves against pats on the first game of the season. But as said he can't kick or catch the ball,hopefully derry will take him back but I can't see it happening tbh.

celticV3
12/06/2008, 2:04 PM
So,its not as if he knew he was offside. He had a few good saves against pats on the first game of the season. But as said he can't kick or catch the ball,hopefully derry will take him back but I can't see it happening tbh.

was raising the point that when he does make a decent save it doesn't count. i think personally that he is focused on pressure he feels is there and expectations because of his father. well derry will have to give him a home because we don't need a liability in goals and it will get to our defense if we have him protecting the goals. I'll die of shock if brush isn't in against ucd. hopefully no more coverage in the too bad section

CameramanConka
12/06/2008, 2:19 PM

Derry City -v- Liffeys Pearse

passinginterest
12/06/2008, 2:23 PM

Wexford Youths v Killester

They never made any secret of the fact that they wouldn't be showing all the games.
Didn't show Fingal v Cobh either iirc.

Magicme
12/06/2008, 3:41 PM
Monaghan United - v- UCD but like Wexford we will get another chance at that being shown!

WoodquayBoy
12/06/2008, 3:57 PM
Athlone Town 2-1 Finn Harps
Our best performance in years!
They didn't have cameras there (I presume) so they couldn't show highoughts, but thids was the one game I was surprised they didn't show, effectively the shock of the round given Athlone's lowly position.
Great win for them, and would have been nice to see the Lissy as well. Then again, looks like we'll be making a couple of trips there next season, so time enough I suppose!

Terry
12/06/2008, 4:01 PM
athlone had their own cameras at it. check out athlonetowntv or something to that nature on their club website.

gael353
12/06/2008, 7:59 PM
poor show overall and the fact they didnt have a cam at all games was ****e. At the Limerick game im assuming RTE cork did the game such was the amount of footage of cork fans and flags (250tops with two flags) and all the coverage of corks "chances" and that peno. To justify the pen they got the man who dived (mooney cork) to give his view "he made contact with me" then Kerley from Limerick but that was too much so back to cork and Mathews again. back in studio two cork boys morley and richardson both said that as mooney (who dived) has said he was touched then it was a peno :eek: weak as **** the two of them. next game the boys get off the fence and scream for a waterford peno against galway? ahhh yes gotta love the retardedness of 60 ;)

jebus
12/06/2008, 8:49 PM
Forgot to watch this, glad I didn't going by Gael's post. Reminds me why I don't bother with this programme on a weekly basis

sligofan4ever
12/06/2008, 9:55 PM
Why wasnt the seamie coleman segment on I was looking forward to that. and that show needs to freshen up week in week out its the same stuff why cant they do something like you would see on Soccer AM atleast it would brighten up the show.

cheifo
13/06/2008, 1:38 AM
In fairness its been a good effort so far so it will be interesting to see what direction they take it.I would still like to see a feature based on a weekly diary of a few barstoolers who are encouraged to support an EL team.

Dodge
13/06/2008, 6:11 AM
why cant they do something like you would see on Soccer AM atleast it would brighten up the show.
Like what?

TBH the incessant analysis of the programme on here every week is far more tedious than anything on the show. There are bits people like, and bits other people don't like. So what. Overall its a decent package, well presented with people who generally know what they're doing. Its miles and miles ahead of anything else ever attempted for the league.

Its hugely unfair on those involved with the show to have every single item scrutinised every single week. People really have to look at the wider picture

sligofan4ever
13/06/2008, 8:27 AM
Like what?

TBH the incessant analysis of the programme on here every week is far more tedious than anything on the show. There are bits people like, and bits other people don't like. So what. Overall its a decent package, well presented with people who generally know what they're doing. Its miles and miles ahead of anything else ever attempted for the league.

Its hugely unfair on those involved with the show to have every single item scrutinised every single week. People really have to look at the wider picture

well its better than know ELoI weekly show also much better than the late timeon TV3 and Eircom Weekly also aired at a different time every week on TV3.

Sheridan
13/06/2008, 9:44 AM
It's called feedback, Dodge, some organisations pay through the nose for it. We have to be eternally vigilant with RTÉ because they're not doing this out of choice and the bulk of their football coverage is still offensive to anyone with taste. From some of the content on the MNS website you'd think they were doing us a favour rather than providing a service which is taken for granted everywhere else in Europe. Frankly they should be appearing in sackcloth and ashes every week rather than the secondary school teacher attire they seem to favour.

sligofan4ever
13/06/2008, 10:14 AM
I like the show in fairnes they have fairly decent coverage but for example 60 is getting a bit stupider since Jacque Hurley started asking stupider question Look at the 1 with brush she asked 2 stupid questions "jumpers or goalposts ?" and "Whats your favourite kind of cheese ?" I think they should stick to the lost archive and the coverage and analysis ony good parts of it that I would mainly watch.

CameramanConka
13/06/2008, 4:15 PM
I like the show in fairnes they have fairly decent coverage but for example 60 is getting a bit stupider since Jacque Hurley started asking stupider question Look at the 1 with brush she asked 2 stupid questions "jumpers or goalposts ?" and "Whats your favourite kind of cheese ?" I think they should stick to the lost archive and the coverage and analysis ony good parts of it that I would mainly watch.

To be fair, it's not Jacqui that writes the questions.

And work is in progress of some 'Football AM' features.

Dodge
13/06/2008, 6:21 PM
It's called feedback, Dodge, some organisations pay through the nose for it.
But the same 4/5 people complain about the same things every week. Its pretty tiresome. particularly when others like those pieces. The point I'll re-emphasise is that they are never going to satisfy everybody

Frankly they should be appearing in sackcloth and ashes every week rather than the secondary school teacher attire they seem to favour.
Nice to see you being contructive with your feedback anyway