PDA

View Full Version : Healy Signs For...

Peadar
14/08/2003, 12:59 PM
Healy joins Black Cats
14/08/2003 - 12:20:29 pm

Sunderland manager Mick McCarthy has completed the signing of Colin Healy on a two-year deal.

The Republic of Ireland midfielder has become McCarthy’s third summer signing after agreeing personal terms and passing a medical last week.

McCarthy is delighted to have secured his signature and he told the club’s official website, www.safc.com: “I’m thrilled Colin has joined us.

"There was some strong competition for his signature, including from some Premiership clubs, so it’s pleasing to have secured the services of a player of his quality.

“I know Colin well and I’m fully aware of his strengths. He’ll be a great addition to our squad.”

Healy left Celtic at the end of last season and the 23-year-old has been a target of McCarthy for some time.

http://breakingnews.ie

NigeSausagepump
14/08/2003, 1:11 PM
And just to mention something that in no way belongs under this heading.......

Rotherham agreed an £850k fee with Cardiff for Alan Lee. If he passes a medical, he'll move.

Peadar
14/08/2003, 1:18 PM
Originally posted by NigeSausagepump
And just to mention something that in no way belongs under this heading...

They are linked in that both players are going to shít clubs with shít managers and shít prospects in shít divisions.
Excuse my French.

tiktok
14/08/2003, 5:15 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
They are linked in that both players are going to shít clubs with shít managers and shít prospects in shít divisions.
Excuse my French.

:mad:

I have to take issue with that post Peadar, i disagree with what you implied.
it wasn't in French ;) :)

WeAreRovers
14/08/2003, 5:23 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
Excuse my French.

Nearly 100% correct Peader except for the fact there is nothing crap about Cardiff. The Bluebirds have money, a huge fanbase, the godlike Graham Kavanagh, a new stadium on the way and a whole nation behind them - except Swansea of course. ;)

As for Sunderland: McCarthy plus Healy plus McAteer plus no money = Division 2 next season. Goodbye!

KOH

brine2
14/08/2003, 6:53 PM
Leeds really are ****ed financially then.

niamh
14/08/2003, 8:28 PM
Healy had very little choice.
McCarthy is a crap manager but Leeds might not
be around for much longer.

brine2
15/08/2003, 11:37 AM
He could have asked for a relegation release clause. (Incidentally, I hope he got one at Sunderland!)