PDA

View Full Version : Countries that play Summer Football

MariborKev
07/06/2008, 3:16 PM
Right Lads,

Looking for countries that play summer football to tie it in with a holiday in July/August time.

Leave out all the obvious ones; ourselves, Scandanavia etc.

The more off the wall the suggestion the better.

superfrank
07/06/2008, 3:24 PM
A lot of the South American countries. Brazil, Chile, Colombia are the ones I know of. I'm sure there's more.

The American and Australian ones are summer too.

Where are you off too?

osarusan
07/06/2008, 3:25 PM
Japan.

In July / August / September you could be looking at a 1pm kickoff in 30+ degree heat and 70%+ humidity.......

MariborKev
07/06/2008, 3:42 PM
A lot of the South American countries. Brazil, Chile, Colombia are the ones I know of. I'm sure there's more.

The American and Australian ones are summer too.

Where are you off too?

Superfrank- been lucky enough to watch football across South America before. Saw games in Chile, Bolivia, Argentina, Brazil and Venezula before.

Also already seen MLS and the A-League(lived in Melbourne and followed Victory the year they won the League)

Osarusan, also been lucky enough to watch a few A League games in me day.

cheifo
07/06/2008, 11:23 PM
Goodness Maribor,
you know how to make a man feel like he has'nt lived.
Bet you've never been to Century Homes park though.:)

Closed Account 2
08/06/2008, 1:14 PM
Be careful on South America... The Argentine League shuts from the end of Clausura (now) to the start of Apertura (maybe around August), there are always games in Brazil due to the sheer number of competitions there.

In Central America the Mexican and Costa Rican leagues have just closed too (being won by Santos de Leguna and Deportivo Saprissa).

But if you're thinking of Latin America there will be some great WC2010 qualifiers on in the next month or so especially the mother of all games, the game of games, el gransupermaxiclassico Brazil v Argentina in Belo Horizante in Brazil (18th June).

Russia will also be having its domestic league continuation after Euro 2008.

MariborKev
08/06/2008, 9:30 PM
Be careful on South America... The Argentine League shuts from the end of Clausura (now) to the start of Apertura (maybe around August), there are always games in Brazil due to the sheer number of competitions there.

In Central America the Mexican and Costa Rican leagues have just closed too (being won by Santos de Leguna and Deportivo Saprissa).

But if you're thinking of Latin America there will be some great WC2010 qualifiers on in the next month or so especially the mother of all games, the game of games, el gransupermaxiclassico Brazil v Argentina in Belo Horizante in Brazil (18th June).

Russia will also be having its domestic league continuation after Euro 2008.

Edmundo, thanks for that but will miss that Brazil v Argentina game, heading to Euro 2008 for that week.

Have already seen a few games in Russia including seeing Wes Charles during his brief spell there.

As said, have already watched football across most of South America. Latin America would have been a good shout but it seems not to be.

And yes chiefo, have been in CHP as well.......

DaveyCakes
09/06/2008, 11:47 AM
UEFA countries with summer leagues....

Armenia, Belarus, Estonia, Faeroes, Finland, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Russia, Sweden,

MariborKev
09/06/2008, 12:29 PM
Davey,

Thanks for those ones.

Another shoot is an African Champions League game, there are ties in late July.

Kazhkstan and Belarus are possible shouts....

DaveyCakes
10/06/2008, 1:54 PM
I'm hoping to get in a game or two between war memorials in Belarus next year...Dynamo Brest and Lokomotiv Minsk, preferably. Let me know how it goes if you do go there!

Closed Account 2
24/06/2008, 9:17 AM
Also the Baltic league re-starts next month with the knockout stages.

I think all Estonian teams have been eliminated, but the usual suspects from Latvia and Lithuania (Skonto Riga, Ventspils, Kaunas, Metalurgs, Zalgiris Vilnius etc).

joe_barry80
24/06/2008, 10:07 AM
Austrian league starts Tues 8 July Sturm Graz v Rapid Wien. The Next day full fixture list

http://bundesliga.at/terminplan/index.php?&mode=result&y=2008&m=07&d=08
http://bundesliga.at/terminplan/index.php?&mode=result&y=2008&m=07&d=09