PDA

View Full Version : Ref Declan Hanney Dismissed

Pages : [1] 2

Sniffer
07/06/2008, 11:10 AM
According to a report in this morning's Daily Tar Declan Hanney was in court yesterday attempting to have himself appointed to an FAI Cup tie this weekend. Was given the red card 'though.

A face
07/06/2008, 11:19 AM
He was in court? Why was that?

Is the article up anywhere?

superfrank
07/06/2008, 11:27 AM
I'm guessing he was appealing to the court to force the FAI to use him.

Sniffer
07/06/2008, 11:28 AM
Mark McCadden's story in full....

Referee Declan Hanney yesterday failed in a court bid to be put in charge of an FAI Cup match this weekend. He was handed a five match ban after making an error during the Cork City - Sligo Rovers match. Hanney failed to award Rovers a penalty during the match for a foul on Jamie McKenzie and showed the Bit O'Red ace a second yellow card for a 'dive'.

Rovers1
07/06/2008, 12:37 PM
hes a bit desperate isnt he?

Rovers fan
07/06/2008, 12:42 PM
The most stupid thing is,hanney gets a 5match ban for the bad decision but mckenzie was still suspended for the next game. A bit of consistency wouldn't go astray!

Juanace
07/06/2008, 1:29 PM
Having had the pleasure of being a linesman to Hanney a couple of years back i can safely say he is the most egotistical arrogant man in refereeing that i ever met and an awful ref as well.

Wish someone in the fai had the balls to get rid of him for good.

adamd164
07/06/2008, 2:02 PM
Why no mention of our disallowed goal in the second half when Behan didn't go near the keeper? Yes, he was poor, but let's not make out that Sligo were shafted!

Réiteoir
07/06/2008, 2:56 PM
shades of the John McDermott case a few years back...

A face
07/06/2008, 4:00 PM
Can they increase his ban to five years?

eamo1
07/06/2008, 9:56 PM
Can they also please dismiss Kelly,McKeown and Tomney,absolutely brutal Referees the whole lot of them.

Rovers fan
07/06/2008, 10:00 PM
Can they also please dismiss Kelly,McKeown and Tomney,absolutely brutal Referees the whole lot of them.

especially mckeown,possibly the worst ref I've ever seen

Red&White Rover
07/06/2008, 10:56 PM
Next time I see that a EL ref is in court, i hope the outcome is a jail sentence!

forza rovers
08/06/2008, 9:07 AM
Can they also please dismiss Kelly,McKeown and Tomney,absolutely brutal Referees the whole lot of them.add buttimer to that he has to be colour blind

Buile Shuibhne
08/06/2008, 9:17 AM
from Saturday's Irish Times:

Referee fails in legal battle

A senior Eircom League of Ireland referee has failed to be reinstated prior to a mid- season break in fixtures that begins this weekend.

Declan Hanney (44), Watson Park, Killiney, Co Dublin, was seeking an injunction in the Circuit Civil Court to force the Football Association of Ireland to allocate a game to him as referee.

Mr Hanney was not selected to referee matches for the past four weeks after criticism of his handling of a game between Sligo Rovers and Cork City on May 9th.

Refusing the application Judge Jacqueline Linnane took into account a judgment by Mr Justice Frank Clarke last year involving the FAI and non-interference in its internal operations.

Red4Eva
08/06/2008, 9:39 AM
shades of the John McDermott case a few years back...

both involving us getting screwed of course

Derry
08/06/2008, 10:36 AM
especially mckeown,possibly the worst ref I've ever seen

It's a toss-up between him and Hancock.

norrie_1001
08/06/2008, 1:02 PM
Buttimer is probably the best referee in the league at the moment.
At least he's consistent. The rest are woefully inconsistent.

forza rovers
08/06/2008, 1:44 PM
At least he's consistent. The rest are woefully inconsistent.:D:Dnot a chance he was rubbish last night.

Flawless
08/06/2008, 2:34 PM
Neil Doyle is useless aswell!!

Have we any good refs???

Olander
08/06/2008, 3:20 PM
At least he's consistent.
yes, he's consistently ****.

Ash
08/06/2008, 4:31 PM
Terrible ref's ... Paul Deering take a bow

forza rovers
08/06/2008, 4:59 PM
Terrible ref's ... Paul Deering take a bowbest ref in the first division:D:D he ruins every game he refs.hes rubbish

robbieos88
08/06/2008, 5:20 PM
Hanney refereed one of my schoolboy games a few years back not far from where he lives as a favour and was the most ignorant person ever, crap ref aswell

Student Mullet
09/06/2008, 1:54 AM
Have we any good refs???I was impressed by the ref for UCD-Monaghan this week. I think he's new, I'd only ever seen him as linesman bafore.

Réiteoir
09/06/2008, 10:07 AM
I was impressed by the ref for UCD-Monaghan this week. I think he's new, I'd only ever seen him as linesman bafore.

According to my list the assigned referee for that one was Darren Coombes - who used to be the National Referees Recruitment Officer for the FAI

smasher
09/06/2008, 10:38 AM
Ref here was brutal. Who appoints these guys? Cup tie was totally ruined by this idiot aggravating players and supporters alike with some crazy decisions, too numerous to mention! He was from Clare, I think, aided and assisted by two equally incompetent linesmen, from Kerry.
Where on earth do they find these guy?

centre mid
09/06/2008, 12:01 PM
R
Where on earth do they find these guy?

Clare & Kerry respectively.

smasher
09/06/2008, 12:57 PM
Clare & Kerry respectively.

If thats the best they can produce I would respectfully suggest that they look elsewhere.

razor
10/06/2008, 10:15 AM
Buttimer is probably the best referee in the league at the moment.You've got to be either deluded or related.

Juanace
10/06/2008, 4:33 PM
According to my list the assigned referee for that one was Darren Coombes - who used to be the National Referees Recruitment Officer for the FAI

Darren is a top bloke, dead sound and a good ref..the exact opposite to Hanney..How Hanney is ahead of him is a joke and just shows its jobs for the boys

DonalE
10/06/2008, 5:54 PM
Why no mention of our disallowed goal in the second half when Behan didn't go near the keeper? Yes, he was poor, but let's not make out that Sligo were shafted!

I'm sure it wasn't just for the "penalty", that he was shafted, there was nothing wrong with Behan's goal either and also looked a bit harsh to send Butler off for us.

passerrby
16/06/2008, 2:22 PM
You've got to be either deluded or related.

or buttimer

soccerc
16/06/2008, 3:18 PM
eircom League of Ireland fixtures and referee appointments

Thursday, June 19th

eircom League of Ireland First Division
Sporting Fingal v Kildare County

Morton Stadium 7.45 pm I. Stokes

Friday, June 20th

eircom League of Ireland Premier Division

Cork City v Cobh Ramblers

Turner’s Cross 7.45 pm A. Kelly

Drogheda United v Derry City

United Park 7.45 pm A. Buttimer

St. Patrick’s Athletic v Bray Wanderers

Richmond Park 7.45 pm D. McKeon

Shamrock Rovers v Galway United

Tolka Park 8.00 pm D. Hancock

Limerick 37 v Athlone Town

Jackman Park 7.45 pm S. Grant

Waterford United v Dundalk

R.S.C. 7.45 pm E. McNally

Wexford Youths v Monaghan United

Ferrycarrig Park 8.00 pm J. McLaughlin

Saturday, June 21st

Sligo Rovers v U.C.D.

The Showgrounds 8.00 pm M. Gough

Longford Town v Shelbourne

Flancare Park 7.30 pm P. Sutton

Tuesday, June 24th

Finn Harps v Bohemians

Finn Park 8.00pm R. Winter

forza rovers
16/06/2008, 8:22 PM
Drogheda United v Derry City

United Park 7.45 pm A. Buttimer

im sure he will try make it into headlines with another one of his kit clashes

rambler14
16/06/2008, 11:20 PM
Friday, June 20th

Cork City v Cobh Ramblers

Turner’s Cross 7.45 pm A. Kelly

That gimp!:eek::mad:

He's useless. I'd rather it was Buttimer again!

I was at the St.Mary's vs Wayside Celtic game and Kelly was referee and the Wayside fellas couldn't believe that he was Premier Divsion standard and supposedly the best in the league.

sligored
17/06/2008, 4:48 PM
That gimp!:eek::mad:

He's useless. I'd rather it was Buttimer again!

I was at the St.Mary's vs Wayside Celtic game and Kelly was referee and the Wayside fellas couldn't believe that he was Premier Divsion standard and supposedly the best in the league.

we had the benefit of alans dad pat kelly (head of referees) reffing the legends match v liverpool last saturday night . i do not like him and the match threatened to boil over on a couple of occasions.
i thought it would have been better to wheel out carpenter or wilfred wallace(two cnuts)

forza rovers
17/06/2008, 5:19 PM
we had the benefit of alans dad pat kelly (head of referees) reffing the legends match v liverpool last saturday night . i do not like him and the match threatened to boil over on a couple of occasions.
i thought it would have been better to wheel out carpenter or wilfred wallace(two cnuts)
but it this way it was better than dearing reffing

rambler14
17/06/2008, 5:33 PM

Sure Pat Kelly is an even bigger gimp than his son.

There is no way that man should be head of refereeing in Ireland. He has a constant hatred of Ramblers which he's passed down to his sons. It's not just Ramblers, if Pat Kelly dislikes one person within the club he'll do his upmost to irritate you.
I wasn't around back when he was refereing but my Dad assures me that he was hated and was reluctant to give Ramblers a free-kick. A complete knob back in the day.

I've had a few run in's with him in Ramblers and my Dad's theory that he's a complete knob has been proven right.

Candystripe
17/06/2008, 6:01 PM
Did you's realise, depending on how far away a ref has to travel for an FAI cup game they usually get around €800 including expenses ay least.

A few years ago in an FAI cup game at the Brandywell, even though the 4 officials travelled up together they all put in seperate mileage, hotel and other expenses.........came to over €900 each.

So maybe thats why Hanney didn't want to miss out.

CameramanConka
17/06/2008, 6:13 PM
Ah Mr Winter - didn't he dismiss Cooke and Hegarty in consecutive weeks. Ballbo should be good on Tuesday! Hide the water bottles!

Longfordian
17/06/2008, 6:18 PM
Did you's realise, depending on how far away a ref has to travel for an FAI cup game they usually get around €800 including expenses ay least.

A few years ago in an FAI cup game at the Brandywell, even though the 4 officials travelled up together they all put in seperate mileage, hotel and other expenses.........came to over €900 each.

So maybe thats why Hanney didn't want to miss out.

We often get officials from Athlone, they travel the 27 miles together arriving after 6 yet we have to pay them all expenses including a meal allowance and a half day off work. It's nice work if you can get it.

HarpoJoyce
19/06/2008, 2:59 PM
Press release of Irish officials on international duty over the next few weeks.

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3271

WoodquayBoy
19/06/2008, 7:11 PM
It's not just Ramblers, if Pat Kelly dislikes one person within the club he'll do his upmost to irritate you.
Not just people he doesn't like, as far as I know he gets on very well with the heads at United - as far as I remember, he travelled with the club on its tour of the grounds back in the late 90s - but he still never gave United a stitch when he reffed our games.
Never liked him as a ref, and the only one I can remember who was worse for us was that guy from Limerick with the moustache, shifty eyes and what had to be a shocking wig. Now he was a right divil

MyTown
19/06/2008, 10:29 PM
that guy from Limerick with the moustache, shifty eyes and what had to be a shocking wig. Now he was a right divil

:DThat would have been the unmistakable and irreplcable Mr. PJ Walsh. His visits to Terryland ensured I added at least one new swear word to my already fulsome vocablary.

God Bless You PJ ....whereever you are

OneRedArmy
23/06/2008, 2:10 PM
Just to keep this thread going, not only were many of Anthony Buttimers decisions in Fridays Drogs v Derry game poor (to both sides), two of them could have resulted in very, very serious consequences.

1) Failing to stop play when Gareth McGlynn was seriously injured. Players were frantically gesturing at Buttimer to stop the game and he let play go on for a while. McGlynn was stretchered off after 5mins spent stabilising his leg using the blocks under the direction of the Drogheda doctor.

2) Jason Gavin collided with another player in mid-air and appeared to be unconscious when he hit the ground. Buttimer looked at him and then looked at him a bit more. Gavin was clearly still unconscious, face down and needed to be put in the recovery position. Finally one of the players went over and started frantically waving at the bench as it appeared they were worried he may have swallowed his tongue. Again the doctor came on and he seemed to come around after smelling salts were used.

Buttimers slow reactions on both of these incidents was unacceptable.

Mr A
23/06/2008, 2:18 PM
I have a certain amount of sympathy for referees who don't spot that players are really hurt. So many players pretend to be badly hurt so often that it is inevitable that on occasion they'll fail to react quickly, believing players to be putting it on.

That's not to justify this particular case, which obviously I didn't see, but just a general point.

Sniffer
23/06/2008, 2:38 PM
Just to keep this thread going, not only were many of Anthony Buttimers decisions in Fridays Drogs v Derry game poor (to both sides), two of them could have resulted in very, very serious consequences.

1) Failing to stop play when Gareth McGlynn was seriously injured. Players were frantically gesturing at Buttimer to stop the game and he let play go on for a while. McGlynn was stretchered off after 5mins spent stabilising his leg using the blocks under the direction of the Drogheda doctor.

2) Jason Gavin collided with another player in mid-air and appeared to be unconscious when he hit the ground. Buttimer looked at him and then looked at him a bit more. Gavin was clearly still unconscious, face down and needed to be put in the recovery position. Finally one of the players went over and started frantically waving at the bench as it appeared they were worried he may have swallowed his tongue. Again the doctor came on and he seemed to come around after smelling salts were used.

Buttimers slow reactions on both of these incidents was unacceptable.

Buttimer would have been waiting for a change of colour no doubt.:)

TonyD
23/06/2008, 3:57 PM
On Friday v Bray, Pats had to wear their blue away kit. On the Pats forum somone said that this was because of a clash with Brays away shirt (all white) and Pats home (red/white sleeves). Not sure if this is true, nonsensical if it is. Worryingly it wasn't even Buttimer who was the ref involved. (McKeown) It's really getting farcical at this stage. Does this mean every time Pats play someone with a white shirt they will have to change to all blue ?

BTW on a seperate topic, but still on refs. Does anyone know what became of Ian Stokes - alleged Pats fan and crap ref ? He was making his way up the ladder but seems to have vanished without trace this year.

Sniffer
24/06/2008, 10:57 AM
Resurfaced last Thursday night to ref SF v Kildare County