PDA

View Full Version : Ronaldo

cartman
07/06/2008, 1:39 AM
very surprised that a thread hadn't been started on this topic!!! this is a guy who has been lauded all year as the greatest player on the planet... a guy with no integrity or morals.. he has been whoring himself around in the papers since united won the champs league final - i wonder what man utd supporters make of his behaviour??? even if he stays on at united, how would united supporters feel about all his comments about 'loving to play for real madrid'.. is he truly an utter scumbag???

SkStu
07/06/2008, 2:00 AM
no. from reading discussions about this on the Bohs MB...

- he's been there 5 years.
- opposition fans hate him and give him dogs abuse week in week out.
- his girlfriend is Spanish
- Manchester is a kip
- Madrid isnt
- He's won the League, the Cup, the League Cup and the Champions League with United.
- Hes won the Golden Boot, the Young Player of the year and Player of the year awards.
- Pay rise.

Who wouldnt leave?

superfrank
07/06/2008, 9:08 AM
Good point SkStu but Frank Lampard's girlfriend is Catalan, didn't lead to him going to Barca?

shakermaker1982
07/06/2008, 9:40 AM
Good point SkStu but Frank Lampard's girlfriend is Catalan, didn't lead to him going to Barca?

Might have something to do with Barca not wanting an average MF player :D

seanfhear
07/06/2008, 9:42 AM
No No No

superfrank
07/06/2008, 9:44 AM
Might have something to do with Barca not wanting an average MF player :D
Oh yes, the same average player who was voted, by his peers, the second best player in the world behind Ronaldinho in 2005.

shakermaker1982
07/06/2008, 10:01 AM
Oh yes, the same average player who was voted, by his peers, the second best player in the world behind Ronaldinho in 2005.

Could he displace Xavi, Iniesta or Deco? Could he ******. He has a good engine on him and he gets his fare share of penalties and deflected long range shots but grabbing a game by the scruff of the neck and dictacting play? Plenty of better MF players in the world for that.

That's just my opinion - I'm sure Chelsea fans love him to death, English football fans are divided. But then again there are people on here who don't rate Ronaldo.....

superfrank
07/06/2008, 10:13 AM
Could he displace Xavi, Iniesta or Deco? Could he ******. He has a good engine on him and he gets his fare share of penalties and deflected long range shots but grabbing a game by the scruff of the neck and dictacting play? Plenty of better MF players in the world for that.
I think the fact that his fellow footballers voted him second best in the world is an indication of how good he is. I was just waiting for someone to dust off that old "deflected shots" chestnut. Lampard has scored over a hundred goals for Chelsea and less than 10 of those have been deflections.

jebus
07/06/2008, 11:47 AM
Ruud Van Nistelrooy, and Roy Keane straight away come to mind in relation to Utd's biggest scumbag

Dodge
07/06/2008, 12:12 PM
I think the fact that his fellow footballers voted him second best in the world is an indication of how good he is

Just for the record. The FIFA award is not voted for by his fellow footballers. Lampard shouldn't be in the Chelsea or England teams, let alone the Barcelona team...

Anyway, can the OP please give a list of all scumbags who have played for Man utd so we can make an informed decision

superfrank
07/06/2008, 12:21 PM
Just for the record. The FIFA award is not voted for by his fellow footballers.
Apologies. I had it confused with the FIFPro award.

osarusan
07/06/2008, 2:46 PM
Lampard has scored over a hundred goals for Chelsea
But according to the most up-to-date statistics, he took 82,624,907 shots at goal to get those 100 goals.

He'd be mad to leave Chelsea and go to a club where he'd be found out for what he really is.

I'm not sure Ronaldo is a scumbag at all. He doesnt drive while drunk or beat people up, on the field I've never seen him make any shocking tackles that injured players, spit at anybody......in short, he most certainly a whinging little s**t, but no 'scumbaggy' behavior that I can recall.

superfrank
07/06/2008, 3:28 PM
But according to the most up-to-date statistics, he took 82,624,907 shots at goal to get those 100 goals.
I'd believe it. He shoots as soon as he gets the ball in the opponents half. My point was that not all his goals come from deflected shots.

old git
07/06/2008, 9:52 PM
very surprised that a thread hadn't been started on this topic!!! this is a guy who has been lauded all year as the greatest player on the planet... a guy with no integrity or morals.. he has been whoring himself around in the papers since united won the champs league final - i wonder what man utd supporters make of his behaviour??? even if he stays on at united, how would united supporters feel about all his comments about 'loving to play for real madrid'.. is he truly an utter scumbag???

ronaldo has been quoted as saying over the last few years he would love to play for madrid it is only now the english press / media have gone into a frenzy probally due to their beloved engurlaaand not being at euro 2008 .. some of the stories are totally over the top 375 thousand euro a week to play for madrid ... 95 million transfer fee dream on .. on the other hand ronaldo should have the b*lls to come out and say i am staying with united or yes i definatly want to join madrid. the biggest scumbags in the situation are real madrid they have used the same underhand tactics over the years to unsettle players and their clubs in their attempts to get the players they want
man utd should call their bluff and tell them to put up or shut up :ball:

cheifo
07/06/2008, 11:20 PM
Lampard has been poor for England and might not fit in with the likes of Barca.
He has ben an incredible signing for Chelsea though.Assists and Goal record would more or less confirm that.

stojkovic
08/06/2008, 4:31 PM
Anyway, can the OP please give a list of all scumbags who have played for Man utd so we can make an informed decision

It would be a very long list ;

Little Cristiano
Cantona
Schmichel
Ince
Ferdinand
GNeville
Hughes
Bruce
Kanchelskis
Beckham
Rooney
Nobby Stiles
Whiteside
etc

micls
08/06/2008, 4:56 PM
I think some peopel are confusing the work scumbag

In footballing terms:

Alan Reynolds was a scumbag, Greg O Halloran is a scumbag, Van Nistelroy was a scumbag, Materazzi is a scumbag, Roy Keane was a scumbag(for that tackle alone) etc. etc

Ronaldo is a diving, whinging little so and so who has very little loyalty to man Utd., but hes not a scumbag

gaiscíoch
08/06/2008, 6:33 PM
He aint no scumbag... He hasn't abused anyone at the club he more than repayed the faith shown in him by Fergie. If I'm not mistaken most United fans thought he was crap and wanted him out after only two seasons....

He has won everything an England if he wants to move let him(he could have conducted himself better) but that's life he aint the first to do it won't be the last. If united get 70million (seven times what they paid for him) then off with him. He will not enjoy the personal success in Spain that he enjoyed in England. As Torres says the defenders are way smarter in closing down the spaces the Ronaldo needs...

Financially he will lose his 25million a year contract that is being touted by Nike if he moves to an Adidas club...

old git
08/06/2008, 9:34 PM
He aint no scumbag... He hasn't abused anyone at the club he more than repayed the faith shown in him by Fergie. If I'm not mistaken most United fans thought he was crap and wanted him out after only two seasons....

He has won everything an England if he wants to move let him(he could have conducted himself better) but that's life he aint the first to do it won't be the last. If united get 70million (seven times what they paid for him) then off with him. He will not enjoy the personal success in Spain that he enjoyed in England. As Torres says the defenders are way smarter in closing down the spaces the Ronaldo needs...

Financially he will lose his 25million a year contract that is being touted by Nike if he moves to an Adidas club...

i would say adidas would be very intrested in putting a few million pounds ronaldo's way if he moves :D:D

Morbo
09/06/2008, 9:10 AM
Keane was a scumbag, horseface was a scumbag, Ferdinand is a scumbag, Ronaldo is more of a bitch than a scumbag

old git
09/06/2008, 9:39 AM
Keane was a scumbag, horseface was a scumbag, Ferdinand is a scumbag, Ronaldo is more of a bitch than a scumbag

do you dislike man utd players :D:D in fairness we could start this tread about a lot of current / ex preimer league players

Morbo
09/06/2008, 10:01 AM
Well the the thread is about Man utd players but yeah I dislike most manure players, there is a few I have to respect like Scholes, Giggs but overall they have a pretty scumbaggy team, the scumbagginess must be ingrained in them from Sir Scumbag himself, only Chelsea rival them for pure scumbaggery

shakermaker1982
09/06/2008, 2:29 PM
which team doesn't have any 'scumbags'?

OwlsFan
09/06/2008, 2:41 PM
Scumbag = an offensive or despicable person.

Man U have the same amount as any other team. It's just they're in the media limelight so much, you notice theirs more than others.

Except Sheffield Wednesday of course, they never had a scumbag, not even Paulo di Canio who got a bad name because a referee got a touch of vertigo and lost his balance.

jebus
09/06/2008, 2:56 PM
which team doesn't have any 'scumbags'?

Find me one person who has a bad word to say about the Luxemburg national side

osarusan
09/06/2008, 3:01 PM
Find me one person who has a bad word to say about the Luxscumburg national side
It's even in their name for god's sake!

Sligo Hornet
09/06/2008, 3:05 PM
Scumbag = an offensive or despicable person.

Man U have the same amount as any other team. It's just they're in the media limelight so much, you notice theirs more than others.

Except Sheffield Wednesday of course, they never had a scumbag, not even Paulo di Canio who got a bad name because a referee got a touch of vertigo and lost his balance.

Just like Watford......remember, you have to have alot of money to afford a decent scumbag these days!;)

cheifo
09/06/2008, 3:29 PM
Find me one person who has a bad word to say about the Luxemburg national side

That tickled me.:D

osarusan
21/06/2008, 2:35 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7463439.stm

Says he wants to move to Real Madrid.

"It is a dream, a step forward," Ronaldo replied when asked about the prospect of playing at the Bernabau.

"For me, it is a great opportunity and, as Scolari says, that train passes by only once and we have to take advantage of it."

ken foree
21/06/2008, 5:10 PM
that's that then, for united it's best to get this deal done as quickly as possible and don't have a whole tawdry summer soap opera going on and on and on and...

DmanDmythDledge
21/06/2008, 11:43 PM
Take the money and sign Bentley as a replacement. Buy a top class striker, right back and cover at centre half and the squad is improved on last season.

OwlsFan
22/06/2008, 9:16 AM
Would be a huge loss to Man U in the scoring stakes. How many goals did their second highest scorer get this year?

DmanDmythDledge
22/06/2008, 11:20 AM
Tevez got 19, Rooney got 18.

I don't think it's anything to worry about though. Man Utd are so good that loads of chances and someone clinical will bound to be bought as a replacement.

rambler14
22/06/2008, 12:21 PM
Flog the b0llocks to Real as he's obviously just interested in money then go away and buy Andrei Arshavin from Zenit St. Petersburg for a third of the price.

Ronaldo has done fook all at the Euro's and i'm starting to agree with Dunphy's opinion on him.

It was a pleasure to watch Arshavin run the show last night and I have no doubt he can fit in at United.

Bentley and Roque Santa Cruz would then hopefully complete a summer spending spree.

Cabs88
22/06/2008, 12:33 PM
United should just let him go, theres no point in having a player there that doesnt want to be at the club. He'll be a loss alrite, but there'll be someone to replace him. He may have won united the league with his goals, but for the most part was anonymous in Europe when it really mattered, in Lyon, the Nou Camp and to a certain extent Moscow.
Bentley would be a good signing as would that russian lad everyone is raving about

OwlsFan
23/06/2008, 11:35 AM
Flog the b0llocks to Real as he's obviously just interested in money .

95% of all players are interested in money. Don't be shocked by this. Footballers are mercenaries - hardly earth shattering news. Fans follow clubs. Players work for clubs.

€100 million is apparently what Real will pay. Lunacy. United could buy 4 €25 million players for this. They should sell.

Apparently Real get State funding. Should the unfair competition people in Europe not have a look at this?

shakermaker1982
23/06/2008, 11:48 AM
I want him to go now (maybe after a spell in the reserves for a month). He's had two brilliant seasons but when your heart is not in the club then you shouldn't wear the shirt any longer. He is a brilliant player on his day and will be missed greatly but with 60-80 million I'm sure Fergie can bring in 2/3 world class players.

cheifo
23/06/2008, 1:53 PM
Arshavin has said he would prefer a move to Spain.Transfer market looks like it will go bonkers once July 1st arrives.

bennocelt
23/06/2008, 5:17 PM
I think maure should sell him, cash in and get that russian guy or Benezema

As for Maure and scumbags. they had much more years ago. I think Chelsea easily beat them in that regard now.
Evra, Scholes, Giggs, Vidic, O Shea, Tevez - are hardly scum
Drogbra, Ballack, Anelka, Terry, A and Joe Cole, etc?

cheifo
23/06/2008, 8:51 PM
A lot of people say that Ashley Cole is the epitome f everything thats wrong with football.And a lot of people would be right, could he make himself anymore dislikeable.?

bennocelt
24/06/2008, 12:26 AM
Ballack's a good pro and a great player. The rest you can burn.....

Ruben mostly you are 100% but jeez ballack is such a cheat, did you not see his rubbish dive the other night, that and his typical german arrogance, that and frings doesnt get enuff credit with germany for tidying up all his mistakes,,,,,,

OwlsFan
24/06/2008, 6:47 AM
His typical german arrogance,

Stereotyping. I know numerous Germans and they are the most humble people you'll ever meet.

joe_barry80
24/06/2008, 12:53 PM
Stereotyping. I know numerous Germans and they are the most humble people you'll ever meet.

Some are humble, but in my experience they are arrogant. I'm a barman every time I come across them they look & talk down on you. They have their classes but you can really notice it with them. Austrians to some extent are the same but not as bad.

stojkovic
25/06/2008, 8:36 PM

Speaking of Ronaldo and Germans ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RsQg1dnwiY

bennocelt
26/06/2008, 3:01 PM
I don't know man, the game is littered with that crap, and I guess Ballack does a bit, but I just have huge respect for him, and Germany. They're winners..
(Although I'm aware Ballack is the runner up king of all time):D

well he was pish poor last night (as usual i would say). Did you see when the Turk mid (Artuck?) walked, not run, but actually walked by him with the ball, funny

old git
27/06/2008, 5:03 PM
I missed the game, but have it recorded and will check that out.
On the subject of Ballack, if he loses the final he'll have every major runner-up medal you can win.
World Cup 02, Champions League 02 and 08, Bundesliga 02, Premiership 08, and now the Euro's....
Ouch, what a legacy!!

and to think i used to see the german players / team as a very lucky
definatly have to back spain to win on sunday now :ball: