PDA

View Full Version : Well Done And Thanks

historynut
06/06/2008, 10:16 PM
Just wanted to say your boys did you proud tonight.
Could have been interesting had Pats not regained the lead almost immediatly .
Thought your back 4 held the line well, possibly look to play more off your tall centre forward who took goal well.
No 7 was far your best player, no 9 blonde lad ok, sorry but no 11 who went off out of his depth though tries.
You played some neat football at times and enjoyed your support especially your version of "Country Roads"
Maybe next year the straw stetsons come out !

Longfordian
06/06/2008, 10:28 PM
Couldnt go tonight which was disappointing for me but Gary Murphy was number 7 I believe, a Longford lad. Iarfhlaith Davoren was number 9 I'm guessing, good ability on the ball. Eye witness accounts have us acquitting ourselves pretty well, pity we didn't stay level for a while longer. Nice to see McKenna on the scoresheet again though. He's important for us.

historynut
06/06/2008, 10:56 PM
Must of have recieved false info - Pats went 1-0 up mins before half time, you equalised more or less half way thru second half but they regained lead within 2 mins.
In fairness all 3 goals well worked and well taken.

Longfordian
07/06/2008, 1:23 AM
Yes of course I meant to stay level. Sorry, dont know why I typed that!

Rocky77
07/06/2008, 11:04 AM
Thought your back 4 held the line well, possibly look to play more off your tall centre forward who took goal well.
No 7 was far your best player, no 9 blonde lad ok, sorry but no 11 who went off out of his depth though tries.
You played some neat football at times and enjoyed your support especially your version of "Country Roads"

Were you the guy trying to flog programmes from the C********n game? A holocaust survivor would probably have had more interest in buying Mein Kampf

historynut
07/06/2008, 7:51 PM
No sir, think you have wrong guy.

Rocky77
08/06/2008, 2:17 PM
I was thinking alright, as a history nut you'd have known better than to mention the war!

oldyouth
08/06/2008, 4:59 PM
Good to see opposition fans complimenting a team. Limerick 37 take note

Cabs88
09/06/2008, 10:55 AM
we played well the other night, with a very spirited performance against a Pats side full of talent. It makes such a difference playing against a team that wants to play football and not there merely to kick lumps out of us like we are used to.
Gallagher made some important stops, and i thought frawley was very good. Daithi Garry by all accounts was poor, had little concept of positioning and stood far too off Kirby. He should have knon, kirby being a right footed player on the left week, his job was to push him as far away as he could, but instead invited him inside.
When we played 5 in the middle in the second half i felt it worked well. Ndo was quieter and gary murphy picked up the ball a lot easier and was more effective. Davoren in the second half when given the ball was our major threat.
Great to see Kyle Cawley come on near the end, who has come through our youths teams. He was involved in setting up the goal and came very close to equalising.
Overall happy with the encouraging performance, it was great heading back to Richmond, and seeing some lapsed town supporters (and Tom) again.
Hopefully in the second half of the season we can push on with a bit more consistency and aim for a top 4 place, especially if we get one or 2 players in july.

Dodge
09/06/2008, 11:04 AM
It makes such a difference playing against a team that wants to play football and not there merely to kick lumps out of us like we are used to.

I was thinking the same thing. Very impressed with the style of football played by Longford. Playing football the right way deserves success.

I thought we were the better team throughout, but as teh gamae wore on i felt Longford got better. Which, considering our supposed full time fitness, should please Longford fans

jebus
09/06/2008, 12:20 PM
Good to see opposition fans complimenting a team. Limerick 37 take note

Do something worthy of praise and we will

historynut
09/06/2008, 7:35 PM
A little mistaken - very much a nuetral though would have preferred to see LTFC win.

Rocky77
09/06/2008, 11:56 PM
Daithi Garry by all accounts was poor

I kinda felt sorry for him as it was only his second ever senior start and Lynchy didn't really give him much cover so he often had Paiso as well as Kirbs to deal with.

Predicatably the latter got a fitting heroes ovation coming off. Class act.

oldyouth
10/06/2008, 7:51 AM
Do something worthy of praise and we will

I did mean complimenting ANY opposition team, we wouldn't expect L37 to pay the slightest praise to the Youths, as even winning 2 All Ireland U18 titles this year is not enough for you. Enough said, I'm not getting in to a debate on the issue

Pauro 76
11/06/2008, 4:04 PM
Praise the Lord for RTE's web coverage. But am I hearing things or did John Kenny call Chucky, 'Chunky' O'Riordan?

Martinho II
11/06/2008, 6:35 PM
Praise the Lord for RTE's web coverage. But am I hearing things or did John Kenny call Chucky, 'Chunky' O'Riordan?

he did pauro he did...:)