PDA

View Full Version : v Fingal

Pages : [1] 2

luka
06/06/2008, 8:13 PM
Ramblers 1 down:mad:

luka
06/06/2008, 8:24 PM
Kinger and Coleman on/ Mucky / Barrett off about ten mins ago and now Ramblers are 2 down. Back to watering me garden........

nismo
06/06/2008, 8:46 PM
hendo"were going to concentrate on the cup" for **** sake

bellavistaman
06/06/2008, 11:08 PM
hendo"were going to concentrate on the cup" for **** sake

that was at the start of season his expectations fo where we would be by now clearly are the opposite, im delighted we lost personally, obviously not delighted but i said before the game today i do not want a cup run, just give 100% to the fight to stay up. I would have sent the reserves and gave the seniors another training session before the break.

ramblers08
06/06/2008, 11:15 PM
wat was the team ??

ramsfan
07/06/2008, 6:23 AM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0606/sportingfingal_cobhramblers.html

COBH RAMBLERS: J. McCarthy; Carey, Murray, Guthrie, B.
McCarthy (Cambridge 88); Mulconry (King 68), Kearney, Barrett (Coleman 68), O'Neill; Cummins, O'Reilly.

rambler14
07/06/2008, 8:00 AM
Ramblers were disastrous........................AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Steve Williams must have thought it was his birthday as I say he'd never had an easier night. The most he had to do was catch a cross.

Alan Carey had an absolute nightmare and Gutsie looked unfit.
As for Brian McCarthy well he isn't even related to a full-back never mind him being one.:mad: He was a walking disaster. He's 6ft 4 and he can't jump. I don't know how he lasted so long. He should have been hauled off at half-time.
Davin was poor.(He kept falling over the ball and he lost the ball in the build up to the 1st goal.) Alan Kearney looked injured, Barrett looked lost, Muckie was the best player on the pitch for the first 30 mins then he disappeared, Cummins ran his legs off as usual and Reilly wasn't great either.

Robbie Doyle of Fingal ran the show. He looked unfit but christ he was good.

All in all a p!ss poor show from Ramblers.

bellavistaman
07/06/2008, 8:14 AM
Ramblers were diastrous........................AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Steve Williams must have thought it was his birthday as I say he'd never had an easier night. The most he had to do was catch a cross.

Alan Carey had an absolute nightmare and Gutsie looked unfit.
As for Brian McCarthy well he isn't even related to a full-back never mind him being one.:mad: He was a walking disaster. He's 6ft 4 and he can't jump. I don't know how he lasted so long. He should have been hauled off at half-time.
Davin was poor.(He kept falling over the ball and he los the ball in the build up to the 1st goal.) Alan Kearney looked injured, Barrett looked lost, Muckie was the best player on the pitch for the first 30 mins then he disappeared, Cummins ran his legs off as usual and Reilly wasn't great either.

Robbie Doyle of Fingal ran the show. He looked unfit but christ he was good.

All in all a p!ss poor show from Ramblers.

The positives were??? :D

rambler14
07/06/2008, 8:27 AM
The positives were??? :D

We made it home in great time.

bellavistaman
07/06/2008, 8:29 AM
Wouldnt look into this result at all lads.. Dont think peopele at this tage were too concerned with cup run, saying that we are owed a good performance. I for one will be expecting nothing but 100% against city, finishing has to improve by then or were ****ed

don ramo
07/06/2008, 9:30 AM
Wouldnt look into this result at all lads.. Dont think peopele at this tage were too concerned with cup run, saying that we are owed a good performance. I for one will be expecting nothing but 100% against city, finishing has to improve by then or were ****ed

i would look very hard into the result as we were at full strenght for this game, i wouldnt want the distraction of a cup run but i dont like the fact our starting 11 lost to fingal either,

cup out of the way

city next, what a prime oportunity to save our season, two week break now the lads have a nice rest, and should come back much stronger and show that there not here to make up numbers, there good enough to stay up they just have to believe in themselfs

Redshanks
07/06/2008, 10:21 AM
I agree with Bella, it was a distraction and we should consentrate on staying up in the league. R-14 the reason Gutsie is not be able to jump might have something to do with him being out for a while with his ankle.
Sorry R-14 I'm told I was a little harsh on you before about not recieving your letter. Dont worry, if you havnt recived by now, I'll give the postman a kick!

rambler14
07/06/2008, 1:14 PM
I agree with Bella, it was a distraction and we should consentrate on staying up in the league. R-14 the reason Gutsie is not be able to jump might have something to do with him being out for a while with his ankle.
Sorry R-14 I'm told I was a little harsh on you before about not recieving your letter. Dont worry, if you havnt recived by now, I'll give the postman a kick!

Can you read???:confused::confused:

First you said that I spoke to the chairman.............which I didn't! (If you read again you'll see that I was referring to you being chairman)
Now your saying that I said Gutsie can't jump.........which I didn't!(I was talking about Brian McCarthy)

As for my letter. You'll be glad to know I received it.

DRDoc
07/06/2008, 1:15 PM
extratime report - http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/516/

bellavistaman
07/06/2008, 1:47 PM
As for my letter. You'll be glad to know I received it.

id imagine he'll be delighted??:confused::confused::confused:

rambler14
07/06/2008, 1:48 PM
id imagine he'll be delighted??:confused:

Go back a few posts and you'll see why he'll be so happy!;):cool:

big fan
07/06/2008, 2:03 PM
R 14 you are so negative, if all you can do is critise so why bother go to games and upset yourself.

it was a bad night ok , but dont agree all all about your views - Back four didlook solid for most of the night,Gutsie recovering and did ok, Carey made two mistakes ok but got no help from midfield when he got beat,Brian Mc did a solid job all night again and for me is good eitehr c.half or left full. and Murray worked hard.

Midfield struggling at moment but will come good and up front despite all his running
Cummins had great chance to score in first half which would have set us on our way but sadly missed,

Staying in the premier league is our ambition, we were never going to win the cup anyway but a break will do the players good and even you r-14 need a break, enjoy it and see you at the cross

bellavistaman
07/06/2008, 3:49 PM
R 14 you are so negative, if all you can do is critise so why bother go to games and upset yourself.

it was a bad night ok , but dont agree all all about your views - Back four didlook solid for most of the night,Gutsie recovering and did ok, Carey made two mistakes ok but got no help from midfield when he got beat,Brian Mc did a solid job all night again and for me is good eitehr c.half or left full. and Murray worked hard.

Midfield struggling at moment but will come good and up front despite all his running
Cummins had great chance to score in first half which would have set us on our way but sadly missed,

Staying in the premier league is our ambition, we were never going to win the cup anyway but a break will do the players good and even you r-14 need a break, enjoy it and see you at the cross

well said boy.

rambler14
07/06/2008, 10:14 PM

I'm just being honest. I don't like bullsh*ttin anyone.

Obviously you were there last night and if you thought Brian Mc played well then you must have been watching a different game as he was easily the worst player on the pitch! I'm actually shocked that someone said he played well because most of the travelling fans were pulling there hair out due to him.

ramblersnb1
07/06/2008, 10:29 PM
R-14 i think you just musn't like left backs because you're always on John Meades back aswell

ramsfan
07/06/2008, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=rambler14;958914]I'm just being honest. I don't like bullsh*ttin anyone.

fair dues for having bravery to do,but as is proven here time and time speak a bit of truth someone doesnt like and you get the head torn off ya:mad:

Battery Rover
07/06/2008, 10:43 PM
Is Brian Mc playing left back for ye. I had heard that Fenlon wanted him in that position but thought it wouldnt work. He is a top class centre half and it might have been better for him to stay in the First Division for another season to get a bit more experience before taking the step up.

rambler14
07/06/2008, 10:47 PM
R-14 i think you just musn't like left backs because you're always on John Meades back aswell

John should have come off the bench at half time and gone on left back but instead he was an unused sub.

ramsfan
07/06/2008, 10:47 PM
good centre half, too big for full back gets turned a little to easy but will be a good centre half if he gets game time to develop

rambler14
07/06/2008, 10:51 PM
gets turned a little to easy

Understatement of the century.............He couldn't turn a mini in an empty car-park!

Apparently he's an Irish International basketball player yet he didn't win a header all night and the fella he was marking was 5ft 10!!!

ramsfan
07/06/2008, 10:56 PM
Understatement of the century.............He couldn't a mini in an empty car-park!

Apparently he's an Irish International basketball player yet he didn't win a header all night and the fella he was marking was 5ft 10!!!

well from the sounds of it he was poor , it was a strange signing in a way we needed players in other areas more in a way he has kind of unsettled what was a solid back four, meadey was doing ok now he is in and out and we are losing was was our solid defence

Rambler1
08/06/2008, 1:00 AM
First thing, Think that its not BMcCarthys fault that were losing games but will say this much....we had a great back four very compact for first nine games and personally I would not have changed it...It was changed at Bray away and we havnt been right since....Its not too late to get the show back on the road.I would revert to the back four of last season and plan every one else in around that including Brian (would possibly try him in Centre Forward at this stage (Peter Crouch) to see if Muckie, Cambridge, Davin etc can get a couple of crosses in that he might get a head to.Yes he doesnt have a great turn of pace but he is committed and might be better further up the park and we have nothing to loose by trying it.

Second...We have lost a bit of belief so dont think the City game will be the one to bring it back..therefore we shouldnt get too worked up about it , only leads to yellow/reds which we dont need at this stage....think the more important games will be home to Sligo,away to UCD,Shamrock Rovers,home Bray... we can still do it.

Finally....Cmon Steve, Martin and Rams, keep the heads up, a couple of good results will make all the difference......BELIEVE!

luka
08/06/2008, 7:40 AM
First thing, Think that its not BMcCarthys fault that were losing games but will say this much....we had a great back four very compact for first nine games and personally I would not have changed it...It was changed at Bray away and we havnt been right since....Its not too late to get the show back on the road.I would revert to the back four of last season and plan every one else in around that including Brian (would possibly try him in Centre Forward at this stage (Peter Crouch) to see if Muckie, Cambridge, Davin etc can get a couple of crosses in that he might get a head to.Yes he doesnt have a great turn of pace but he is committed and might be better further up the park and we have nothing to loose by trying it.

Second...We have lost a bit of belief so dont think the City game will be the one to bring it back..therefore we shouldnt get too worked up about it , only leads to yellow/reds which we dont need at this stage....think the more important games will be home to Sligo,away to UCD,Shamrock Rovers,home Bray... we can still do it.

Finally....Cmon Steve, Martin and Rams, keep the heads up, a couple of good results will make all the difference......BELIEVE!

I concur Sir

outside in
08/06/2008, 7:59 AM
[quote=
Apparently he's an Irish International basketball player yet he didn't win a header all night and the fella he was marking was 5ft 10!!![/quote]
ya because basketball players are known for their headers:rolleyes:

Redshanks
08/06/2008, 9:47 AM
Well done R 1. Would you please take R 14 out of the Negativity school and take him under you wing in the Positivity college. He can show as much bravery by speaking out and giving a good news report from a positve angle as you have just shown, but he appartently seems to get off by talking about armagedan.
As your Chairman R14, calm down or I'll take back your letter! lol

ramsfan
08/06/2008, 10:00 AM
let it go bud, you really have it in for r14 and it is geting boring listening to ya slag him off all the time, he has been around a long time a big contributer to this forum and crost, you just arrive and try and take centre stage so back off a liitle

6yardpunisha
08/06/2008, 10:42 AM
let it go bud, you really have it in for r14 and it is geting boring listening to ya slag him off all the time, he has been around a long time a big contributer to this forum and crost, you just arrive and try and take centre stage so back off a liitle

spoilsport:D

ramsfan
08/06/2008, 11:22 AM
spoilsport:D

no not a spoilsport, we all take mickey out of r14 but it is lighthearted because we know will get a response but when it gets nasty and becomes bullying i draw the line:ball:

don ramo
08/06/2008, 11:30 AM
ya only people with over 1000 posts can mock people:D:cool:

6yardpunisha
08/06/2008, 12:17 PM
ya only people with over 1000 posts can mock people:D:cool:

thats me gone so:D

don ramo
08/06/2008, 1:17 PM
sorry rules are rules,

sure for you well make it 500, just cause you make me laugh:D

ramsfan
08/06/2008, 2:27 PM
yah we'll give 6yp a pass alright, good laugh :D

6yardpunisha
08/06/2008, 3:01 PM
yah we'll give 6yp a pass alright, good laugh :D

im honoured

rambler14
08/06/2008, 3:16 PM
im honoured

and so you should be:D

Redshanks
08/06/2008, 4:43 PM
Sorry Ramsfan, I dont know if you are R 14's father, uncle or his son, or guardian but if you were in constant negative mode slagging off the team, I would respond to you too. Its a two way thing I reckon. There were a few post made here last week where some people demaded the right to express senitive opinions regarding other areas of club activity, remember? Now I'm politely being told to stay quiet to someone who spends 99% of their posts slagging off the team. I know R-14 makes plenty of sense at times, but how come all are so negative. Perhaps its because I'm only new around here and havent seen all his past posts, but I would dearly love to see him write someting positve for a change.
By the way Ramsfan must you be in an exclusive club to be allowed bring R-14 to task, because I know others have and I know I'm not alone in how I feel!

don ramo
08/06/2008, 5:14 PM
the difference is shanky most people here have been posting for years and know r14, most of us here know each other, r14 loves the club just like the rest of us and calls it as he sees it, everyone here (bar nismo) will always back the club, but bad performeances are bad performances, i have been very critical of the team as of late, why arent you picking on me, you are obviously not a sunshiner as you went to the bother or registering here, but you must understand it isnt sunshine a lolipops all the time, you wanna take in the good, youll have to take the bad with it,

there is a rule here that can solve all this, if you canstanly attack r14 for hes views hes is more than entitled to make a complaint against you, and you will get a tick and this forum can be shut down, so if you have a problem with r14 views attack hes views not him

Redshanks
08/06/2008, 6:16 PM
Cant agree with all you say there Ramo. Even you must admit that R-14 is a bit of an Eamon Dunphy always saying the negative contorvercial thing just to get a reaction -and guess what, he duly gets a reaction. Its wrong to potray this as me being on his back all the time just for its own sake. A good few people had a go at him last week for him always attacking Johnny Meade and only in the last day or two someone asked him the same question I would like an answer to, why does he follow Ramblers and attend games if he cant find anything positive to say. Yes we all know the team has had a bad run of late, but if we cant find any positives from them, we might as well all stay at home and give up. Thats why I havent honed in on you Ramo, because not everything you have to say is negative and downer material. My post about the letter and the postman was intended as a bit of banter and a ****-take, even you must have spotted that Ramo. If my sense of humour is that much off the wall, then I apologise to all offended. But lets call a spade a spade here. R-14 has every right to critizise Johhny Meade and the team etc, just as I have the right to differ with his views and the fact that he is overly heavy on the negativity. He in turn, just like like anyone else here has the right to return the serve to me in equal measure. I wont cry about it. As you said Ramo, we all love the club!

don ramo
08/06/2008, 6:37 PM
maybe he is being hard on john meade, but if meade played well he would praise him just as much as he criticises him, i had a right go at john meade two years ago and got slughteres for it, as much as i or anyone else on this forum would criticise someone and look bad, we would love noting more than to be proven wrong, r14 would gladly eat his words, so would i, i love being proven wrong as it always means good things are happenin,

and also as i said only attack the post, your havin a go at r14 for his view, your not trying to change people views on what r14 says

ramsfan
08/06/2008, 6:38 PM
no relation, but feel its wrong for you to come on here majority of your posts are having a go, people log on to have a chat and express opinion, wake up alittle things arent going great at mo and people have to stop burying head in the sand being all politically correct if you have an opinion express it and dont be afraid,this is a fans forum not a club run activity, so be it pos or neg people mshouldnt be afraid to say what they like and shouldnt get bullied for doing it.

don ramo
08/06/2008, 6:41 PM
thats it ramsfan speak your mind, the whole commitee know who i am, but ill still express my views, thats what this forum is about

ramsfan
08/06/2008, 6:42 PM
Cant agree with all you say there Ramo. Even you must admit that R-14 is a bit of an Eamon Dunphy always saying the negative contorvercial thing just to get a reaction -and guess what, he duly gets a reaction. Its wrong to potray this as me being on his back all the time just for its own sake. A good few people had a go at him last week for him always attacking Johnny Meade and only in the last day or two someone asked him the same question I would like an answer to, why does he follow Ramblers and attend games if he cant find anything positive to say. Yes we all know the team has had a bad run of late, but if we cant find any positives from them, we might as well all stay at home and give up. Thats why I havent honed in on you Ramo, because not everything you have to say is negative and downer material. My post about the letter and the postman was intended as a bit of banter and a ****-take, even you must have spotted that Ramo. If my sense of humour is that much off the wall, then I apologise to all offended. But lets call a spade a spade here. R-14 has every right to critizise Johhny Meade and the team etc, just as I have the right to differ with his views and the fact that he is overly heavy on the negativity. He in turn, just like like anyone else here has the right to return the serve to me in equal measure. I wont cry about it. As you said Ramo, we all love the club!

we all love the club and would love to see it boom but at mo things arent going well so people are saying it as they see it, so just let them.

ramsfan
08/06/2008, 6:48 PM
this forum used to be an open debate on all things ramblers , since the agm where a lot of cutting sneaky remarks where made about this forum and the people who post on it (myself included , certain people were heard by me saying things like see what they posted on site today, a number of posts by my username were discussed and i was called a number of names and abused only for fact i wouldnt rise to there pathetic ways i left it go) and the fact people like r14 are being warned to watch what they say by club hierarchy it has become a very closed shop people know lots of goings on where previously they would have been open and honest now they are afraid to talk for fear of reprisals

don ramo
08/06/2008, 6:56 PM
censorship:mad::mad::mad:

Rambler1
08/06/2008, 9:46 PM
Well done R 1. Would you please take R 14 out of the Negativity school and take him under you wing in the Positivity college. He can show as much bravery by speaking out and giving a good news report from a positve angle as you have just shown, but he appartently seems to get off by talking about armagedan.
As your Chairman R14, calm down or I'll take back your letter! lolThanks..Am sure he is as much a Rambler as you and me and yes he is probably like us all at this stage and dissappointed that things havnt worked out to date but thats what this forum is all about...people able to have their say and even though you or I mighnt agree with all he says, we have to respect his views if he has valid points...that said who would have put money on Bolton to stay up this year. they or their fans never lost belief in the team and management and are an example of what is possible with good support in the face of adversity....Cmon Rams ye can and will do it...

Redshanks
09/06/2008, 1:19 PM
Glad you all agree with peoples right to express a view (all views) and I take it i can now take the gagg off again (joke).

What about Bolton -wasnt Fulham an even greater turn around? Written off in April by all the wise heads then pulled it off in the very last game of the season. Now thats inspiring!