PDA

View Full Version : Weekly suspension list

Buile Shuibhne
06/06/2008, 6:47 AM
The public issue of the weekly list of suspensions & sanctions seem to have gone very hit & miss this season.

Some weeks we get the deliberations of that week’s meeting of the Disciplinary Cmtee meeting with the suspensions & sanctions to come into play a fortnight later.

Others weeks we get a list of players not eligible to play in the upcoming weekend’s fixtures.

A fair few weeks – we get nothing at all from Abbottstown.

No word this week – which being a Cup weekend is all the more confusing.

Do sending-offs last weekend result in an automatic suspension this weekend?

Does an accumulation of 4 yellows – up to 2 weeks ago - in the league result in a suspension this weekend?

dcfc_1928
06/06/2008, 10:41 AM
Nothing this week?

On Wednesday I got this e-mail:

Football Association of Ireland
Press Release
June 4th, 2008

Suspensions to be served as and from this weekend’s FAI Ford Cup fixtures

Next FAI Ford Cup match (Automatic FIFA suspension)

ALBERT CLARKE (Douglas Hall)
RUAIRI EVISTON (Drogheda Town)

First team competitive as and from Wednesday, 4th June

GARY DEEGAN (Galway United) 1 MATCH 4 Yellow Cards

COLIN FORTUNE (Kildare County) 1 MATCH 4 Yellow Cards

PAT FLYNN (Shamrock Rovers) 1 MATCH Additional Red Card

ROBBIE HEDDERMAN (Shelbourne) 1 MATCH 4 Yellow Cards

JOHN KEARNEY (Cobh Ramblers) 1 MATCH 4 Yellow Cards

PAUL MALONE (Wexford Youths) 1 MATCH 4 Yellow Cards

Technical Official

DERMOT LENNON (Manager, Athlone Town) 4 MATCHES

ENDS

stann
06/06/2008, 12:19 PM
I got that too, as I do almost every week in fairness. Once, twice at most, they came late but walkthechalk had them those weeks.

AFAIK the FIFA directive for a red card is an automatic next-match ban in any competition.
The ban for an accumulation of 4 yellows would also apply to the next competitive match, as would any subsequent bans for red cards.

Buile Shuibhne
06/06/2008, 12:31 PM
None of the usual eL news websites published the list this week.

Even the official eircomloi.ie doesn't have it?

Buile Shuibhne
06/06/2008, 12:33 PM
AFAIK the FIFA directive for a red card is an automatic next-match ban in any competition.
The ban for an accumulation of 4 yellows would also apply to the next competitive match, as would any subsequent bans for red cards.

Dundalk are saying Chris Bennion is clear to play, even though he was sent off last weekend?

stann
06/06/2008, 1:00 PM
None of the usual eL news websites published the list this week. Even the official eircomloi.ie doesn't have it?

Walk the Chalk (http://www.walkthechalk.com/extras.php?cid=19&id=233), posted up from a while back I think.

Dundalk are saying Chris Bennion is clear to play, even though he was sent off last weekend?

Can't answer that. As far as I know it's automatic. Next game ban, no excuses, no exceptions, but they should know that better than me. I'd check it out with the powers that be though, it might just be an oversight on their part.

holidaysong
06/06/2008, 1:04 PM
Can't answer that. As far as I know it's automatic. Next game ban, no excuses, no exceptions, but they should know that better than me. I'd check it out with the powers that be though, it might just be an oversight on their part.

Automatic suspension in the next match of the same competition, unless there are no remaining games in that competition in the same season. (e.g. a player sent off in a cup match his team loses would serve his suspension in the next competitive match regardless of the competition). Bennion is therefore suspended for the next league match against Waterford but is free to play tonight (thankfully, as our reserve keeper is injured).

stann
06/06/2008, 1:06 PM
Fair enough, that answers that. :)
And is a bit of good news for our game to boot! :D

holidaysong
06/06/2008, 1:10 PM
Fair enough, that answers that. :)
And is a bit of good news for our game to boot! :D

Don't worry, Shanahan should be fit by then! :D

stann
06/06/2008, 1:12 PM
:D
And he's available for hire to any team that wants a manager gotten rid of! Allegedly.

To get back to Fintan, I think that the websites should post up that weekly upcoming suspensions thing every week, and not just the weeks they don't get the disciplinary committee report, as it can cause a lot of confusion, especially in weeks that a red card comes along that supercedes the 'action at a distance' of the committee's decisions.
That's their decision though, no fault of the FAI. As I said earlier both are always sent out, and, bar one or two occasions, always on time. The eLOI site not posting these things up at all is not cool however.

sligoman
06/06/2008, 3:18 PM
On Wednesday I got this e-mail:

I got that tooHow do ye get them, lads?

pineapple stu
06/06/2008, 3:21 PM
E-mail the FAI and ask to be put on their mailing list.

Don't know if you need a reason (web-master or the likes) to go on the list. There's nothing hugely interesting that you don't see on the likes of Walk the Chalk or extratime.ie, but it's handy to get the info e-mailed straight to you.

sligoman
06/06/2008, 3:34 PM
Cheers, is it any particular FAI email address you send it to though?

Buile Shuibhne
06/06/2008, 3:54 PM
[QUOTE=stann;958016]Walk the Chalk (http://www.walkthechalk.com/extras.php?cid=19&id=233), posted up from a while back I think.

Thanks - had forgotten about WtC.

pineapple stu
08/06/2008, 10:08 PM
Cheers, is it any particular FAI email address you send it to though?
Info@FAI.ie should get there.

Buile Shuibhne
22/06/2008, 7:31 PM
Has the list for next weekend's game's suspensions been published yet - don't see it yet on Walk the Chalk?

Battery Rover
22/06/2008, 7:45 PM
Has the list for next weekend's game's suspensions been published yet - don't see it yet on Walk the Chalk?

I usually receive it on a Wednesday most weeks