PDA

View Full Version : Increase in attendences.

Estar
12/08/2003, 2:46 PM
I would say attendence is up by 25% on our first season. Great to see people with so many Kildare shirts, I even saw people with Derry, St Pats and Bray tops would you beleive. Wayne Russell and Dermot Keely were at the match and in the bar after the game. IMO summer summer soccer has been great so far, in the last 3 to 4 matches I have been working on my lobster tan:D

Programme sales seem to be a big success, like the new middle section. They make a profit of €500 every match i'd say. Have to say the programme is a credit to the club. The only one that is its equal is Dublin Citys.

Countyman
13/08/2003, 10:20 AM
Dont want to burst your bubble there Estar but our attendences have been poor this season compared to last if you bear in mind we are chasing automatic promotion.

Mary in the office told me there were no more than 500-600 there for the Dublin City game and that looked like our biggest crowd all year.

We had 1100 for the visit of Waterford last christmas and we averaged about 4 to 5 hundred last year.

The stand or terrace is never full. Only about 150 seats in that stand anyway while behind the goals is never fully lined either side.

I know the directors get very emotional with the attendences.

Personally I think for a County we should be getting at least 800.

Having said that only Harps ,Sligo and possibly Bray are getting more. So putting all things in perspective its not too bad for division one football .

I can see the crowds increasing as the season draws to a close just like last year.

Estar
18/08/2003, 7:55 PM
Originally posted by Countyman
Dont want to burst your bubble there Estar but our attendences have been poor this season compared to last if you bear in mind we are chasing automatic promotion.

Mary in the office told me there were no more than 500-600 there for the Dublin City game and that looked like our biggest crowd all year.

Personally I think for a County we should be getting at least 800.

Having said that only Harps ,Sligo and possibly Bray are getting more. So putting all things in perspective its not too bad for division one football .

I can see the crowds increasing as the season draws to a close just like last year.

We will have to agree to disagree one this one. Basicly atendences are up on last year.
600-700 at the Cherry Orchard match.
Shes pulling the wool, I'll leave you to think why.
I get the figures from a very very good source.
Bray aren't.
How much more 50 - 100?
I'm sure they will if we go well, if not we coyuld go the other way.

At least sponsorship seems to be improving.

:) :)

Countyman
19/08/2003, 8:41 AM
no problem disagreeing on this one.

Next time during an injury or break in play count the people lining one side of the pitch. You would be surprised how few there is.

As for Mary , well if it was our general manager telling me that then i wouldn't believe it but Mary's decent enough and if they were getting 7 or 8 hundred as the paper keeps saying then they would be a lot happier than they are now.

Trust me the attendences this year are poor for the club and thats why the Commercial side of things has picked up so well.

It had to.

Was even talking to Tadgh Murphy about it and he said the same thing but at least he was more forgiving to the Kildare public than I was.