PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Army v Homeless Scum

Colm
12/08/2003, 12:47 PM
Firstly, I think we should stick with the team that played so well last week against Shels. If George plays like he did last week, he will rip Rovers apart.
Hopefully Flynny will get back on form and score one or two, he really needs to get a goal or he will totally lose his confidence imo.
A win on friday is vital as it will put us further ahead of Rovers, Bohs etc. and put us into second place within touching ditance of Shels. Now is the time that we have to start grasping our oppurtunities.
I'd expect a good crowd for this one, hopefully at least 6000.

Come on the Rebel Army!:)

NorthoftheLee
12/08/2003, 1:54 PM
We really need a win on friday nite....my nerves are startin to get to me already...it should be a good game..hopefully!...we really need the rebel army to get behind the team for the full 90mins....

GOC will be key but JOF will be just as important. He needs and to put one into the back of the net....

The rovers fans will be down in handy numbers..just hope they leave their scum element in tallaght for the nite...The atmosphere should be great...

we have dropped 4 points in the last two games...we should have banked the lot of them....but 3 on friday nite will make amends..

hurry up and be friday already...can't fúckin wait....:D

James
12/08/2003, 1:56 PM
the day of the RAT is coming..3 days till friday
be ready ;)

Neil
12/08/2003, 6:50 PM
Even though we are playing a lot better we have to be beating teams like Shamrock. The league is so close this year that a good win on Friday followed by wins over Drogheda and Pats would almost put us top. But a draw or a loss (even if it is unimaginable) against Shamrock anything less than wins against Drogheda and Pats would possibly leave us in a relegation place.

tiktok
12/08/2003, 11:36 PM
dead right Neil, i don't think anyone can be happy with the recent string of results, we've not picked up enough points, but we're still there or thereabouts.

we need to string a few wins together soon, and no better place to start than with Rovers on friday.

pete
13/08/2003, 11:26 AM
Yeah we doing ok away from home recently although a win or two would improve things.

Vital we start winning a few games at home in the next few weeks as its getting crowded in the $hel$ chase.

City unbeaten in the league at home & Rovers only have 1 win away from home in the league isn't a bad omen.

NorthoftheLee
13/08/2003, 12:29 PM
well done pete.....the curse has well and truely been set now....

thecorner
13/08/2003, 11:40 PM
lads a question came up 2nite
WHEN IS THE LAST TIME CITY WON A LEAGUE GAME

NorthoftheLee
14/08/2003, 7:25 AM
against longford..4-1

pete
14/08/2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
well done pete.....the curse has well and truely been set now....

Its ok cos i will be countering that jinx by appearing at the cvross in person for the first time in a good while which is obviously why city haven't been winning at the cross.

;)

niamh
14/08/2003, 1:12 PM
If Reynolds is travelling it's odds on then that football won't be the only form of entertainment on offer!!

Casegrande
15/08/2003, 9:44 AM
O’Halloran ready for Rovers visit

Cork City should have captain Greg O’Halloran back in central midfield for their re-arranged Premier Division meeting with Shamrock Rovers at Turners Cross this evening (Friday, 7.45pm).

O’Halloran has been out of action for over a month with knee ligament damage that required a small operation three weeks ago, but he was on the bench for the draw with Shelbourne at Tolka Park eight days ago and is expected to come into contention for a recall tonight.

If he is deemed fit enough, he will slot into central midfield alongside Colin T. O’Brien, as Conor O’Grady is suspended for tonight’s game.

Centre half Derek Coughlan rejoined City from Bohemians on Thursday, although manager Pat Dolan will opt to keep the partnership of Alan Bennett and recent stand-in captain Dan Murray intact for the time being as Coughlan is short of match practice.

City will try to arrest a run of two successive draws by taking their first victory since the 4-1 win over Longford Town in the first week of July.

Three points this evening would send them back to second in the table ahead of Waterford United on goal difference, and four behind leaders Shelbourne. Such is the tight nature of things in the mid-section of the Premier Division table that a defeat for City tonight would see them slip to sixth.

Rovers manager Liam Buckley welcomes back Trevor Molloy and Alan Reynolds for tonight’s game – both men missed the draw with Derry City at the Brandywell last week.

It should be a particularly frosty reception for former Cork player Reynolds, who left Leeside in acrimonious circumstances before the start of the season after initially appearing to agree a new deal to stay at Turners Cross.

He will return to central midfield alongside Jason Colwell, with Pat Deans anticipated to be the one to lose out, while Richie Byrne is expected to be recalled to the centre of defence – Stephen McGuinness gave away a penalty after standing in last week.

Rovers have still not won since the Intertoto Cup victory over Odra Wodzislaw in late June. They followed that game with five straight defeats, and have only managed two draws, against UCD and Derry City, in recent weeks by virtue of late equalisers on both occasions.

With a virtually full-strength side at their disposal tonight, there can be no excuses for Buckley & Co.

ccfcman
15/08/2003, 10:51 AM
i still want to see georgie push back into midfield and beehan up front wit flynnie,oh and $hel$ need to stop callin georgie twice a week to..............oops i've said to much