PDA

View Full Version : Alan Cawley- RTE Radio 1-May 31st.

MyTown
04/06/2008, 11:14 AM
Heard Alan Cawley on RTE Radio 1 last Saturday afternnon. Thought he did really well. Very knowledgable about the league , opposing players, club histories. He seemed to have common sense and have a positive spin on everything.

No wonder he's done so well on his visits to Terryland.:(

He's a Sligo native (and namechecked his uncle the legendary Harry McLaughlin, who, apart from being a speedy winger with loads of skill, also scored an FAI Cup winning goal for them) so how did he end up on the east coast?

(Glad to see Gougie still doin' the business. He was brilliant for us in two spells).

superfrank
04/06/2008, 11:27 AM
AFAIK, he never played for Sligo. He started with UCD. He went to Shels in 2004 and then payed for Longford, Waterford and maybe UCD (or Dublin City) again before ending up here.

DmanDmythDledge
04/06/2008, 11:32 AM
He was with Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds as a youngster before he came to UCD.

Martinho II
04/06/2008, 9:02 PM
never knew that cawley is a nephew of harry mcloughlin.. he never did the business for us mind u scored a good goal for us in the brandywell in 2005...

sligofan4ever
05/06/2008, 9:24 AM
never knew that cawley is a nephew of harry mcloughlin.. he never did the business for us mind u scored a good goal for us in the brandywell in 2005...

He is indeed his nephew (as am I) It looks like it runs in the family too succeed in sport. And just as I think of it if your planning on going to the Sligo Rovers ledgends vs liverpool ledgends match Harrys playing in it.

Martinho II
05/06/2008, 8:58 PM
He is indeed his nephew (as am I) It looks like it runs in the family too succeed in sport. And just as I think of it if your planning on going to the Sligo Rovers ledgends vs liverpool ledgends match Harrys playing in it.

strangely enough im definitely goin to that.. i work with harrys neice in mbna... cant wait is that on next sat???

pineapple stu
05/06/2008, 8:59 PM
AFAIK, he never played for Sligo. He started with UCD. He went to Shels in 2004 and then payed for Longford, Waterford and maybe UCD (or Dublin City) again before ending up here.
Two spells with us alright; didn't play for Dublin City.