PDA

View Full Version : LFC v Cork City

Monkfish
04/06/2008, 9:53 AM
Us. 4/1
Draw. 12/5
Them. 8/13

Short odds on Cork, but surely a licence to print money?

razor
04/06/2008, 11:33 AM
I'd expect us to win but stranger things have happened.
Looking forward to visiting on Friday.
whats the deal with pubs pre match, i have heard the pubs near the ground are to be avoided at all costs.
Any other suggestions?

L37Ultra
04/06/2008, 11:54 AM
I'd expect us to win but stranger things have happened.
Looking forward to visiting on Friday.
whats the deal with pubs pre match, i have heard the pubs near the ground are to be avoided at all costs.
Any other suggestions?

Cork will win, don't worry :o

Pubs in city centre would be your best bet. Your about a 5-10 minute walk from the city centre to Jackman Park. Plenty of good pubs around town.

LK37oldskool
04/06/2008, 2:42 PM
anyone know why there's no poster to download for fridays game on the L37 site?

L37Ultra
04/06/2008, 4:37 PM
anyone know why there's no poster to download for fridays game on the L37 site?

They made new professional posters which were handed out at the Waterford game. I presume they have copies at the club store if you ask there for posters.

Monkfish
05/06/2008, 1:13 PM
Unsurprisingly there seems to be a fair bit of money being put on Cork.

Us. 11/2.
Draw. 12/5.
Them. 4/9.

Whats the odds on us not conceeding 5? :(

betweendaposts
05/06/2008, 3:02 PM
Cut out Page 55 of this week's Limerick Post.
It's not Poster quality, but it might do the job for you
D

LK37oldskool
05/06/2008, 9:04 PM
Cut out Page 55 of this week's Limerick Post.
It's not Poster quality, but it might do the job for you
D

Saw it,goodidea. Cheers

abbeyvale
05/06/2008, 10:17 PM
Limerick 0-4 Cork

Jofspring
06/06/2008, 8:58 AM
limerick 0-2 cork

jebus
06/06/2008, 9:13 AM
Limerick 2-1 Cork

I think I'm still a bit drunk from last night though :)

gaidin
06/06/2008, 9:46 AM
lads look at the reasonable side of this-cork can start with mooney and o'flynn and take behan off the bench,limerick can bring manjor off the bench-saw kerley watchin another junior game last night

OR start with him ;)

Monkfish
07/06/2008, 9:13 AM
OR start with him ;)

Another 90 mins for Manjor :confused::mad: Pleased with how we performed overall but we were never gonna score but thought we done alright.
Expected mass Influx of Corkies never happend (200/300?) so the attendence was just over 1000. Suppose its hardly the biggest game of their season in fairness.

JohnD
07/06/2008, 11:33 AM
Robbed of a possible draw by a cheating Referee (Sutton) without doubt. Even today's Cork Exmainer stated that the penalty was bizzare decision. He gave us nothing last night and his reported gesture to the shed was both unprofessional and could be interpreted as encitement to violence. The Club should report him on both counts.

Great effort on and off the pitch last night :-). Agree Monkfish we never looked like scoring. Once again Kerley's substitutions made NO sense and we are persisting with some players i.e manjor (who tried his heart out last night) who are not up to this level while others languish on the bench.

There was a great buzz in the shed last night and Cork City fans were really disappointing in their efforts.

Hopefully last night is a sign of better things to come in a few seasons !

All the best
John

jebus
07/06/2008, 11:39 AM
Sutton should be reported without doubt. A ref should never make a gesture like that to fans, end of story, I hope the club put an official complaint in against that clown.

Every paper I've read this morning (3 to be precise) call the penalty a dubious decision, and Mooney shouldn't be let off lightly for diving either

KevB76
07/06/2008, 11:55 AM
Cork City manager was being interviewed after the match lastnight, when asked for his opinion on the penalty he basically said they've suffered a few dodgy decisions so they'll take that one. He then went on to say that they found it really tough to break through but once they got the first goal (i.e. the penalty) he knew they would win. So undeniably the penalty was dodgy and had a significant impact on the outcome - Sutton screwed us :mad:

My mam went to her first Limerick game lastnight, and EVEN MY MAM was able to indentify, unprompted, which player was not really up to it. That says it all !

LK37oldskool
07/06/2008, 1:43 PM
agree with all of the above, Manjor is never a starter,Del boy and Wayne were brill. Pen was shambolic,we've got no luck with refs this season. anyone tot up how many pens we've conceeded this season so far? muat be close to 1 a game! we sooooo need a striker.Saw Finucane at the game ,was told by several people that he's havin a meet with MK during the week about comin back. Super atmosphere at the ground. well done to all those in the shed.
Hope the team can take something mentally from the game,next game at home to Athlone is vital in how our season goes forward.
Well done again to the Super Blues.

LK37oldskool
07/06/2008, 2:06 PM
Just did a quick check of our results so far and we've had 8 pens given against us with 7 conversions,this is almost 1/4 of all the goals scored against us. MK please take note!

see's it
07/06/2008, 3:04 PM
the FAI should take note that some of the refs are poor i cant wait to see the penalty on monday night cos from where i was it didnt look like 1.what gesture was made by the baldy ****?

KevB76
07/06/2008, 7:45 PM
the FAI should take note that some of the refs are poor i cant wait to see the penalty on monday night cos from where i was it didnt look like 1.what gesture was made by the baldy ****?

I didnt see any gesture, he was smiling at the lads in the shed though, I suppose you could call that a gesture :confused:

fire away
07/06/2008, 7:55 PM
great effort last night i will have to hold my hands up i said
this team lacked heart and fight last week against waterford.
man did they prove me wrong what a game better team in the first
half.wayne colbert what a player. still very light up front need a big
powerful striker. but play like that every week and we could make it
into the top three in the league:):)

L37Ultra
07/06/2008, 11:49 PM
Match photos here (http://corkcityfc.ie/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=32)

A face
08/06/2008, 2:19 AM
There was a great buzz in the shed last night and Cork City fans were really disappointing in their efforts.

Thats because there was nothing to shout about. The chants of the night were "Paint dry, its just like watching paint, paint dry" and "We used to play football, used to play football". We never even got started, some gutless heartless performances for nearly the whole team Friday night. Things are bad for City right now, something has to change.

jebus
08/06/2008, 9:42 PM
I didnt see any gesture, he was smiling at the lads in the shed though, I suppose you could call that a gesture :confused:

He laughed and flicked his ear in a few times whilst being called a cheat.

see's it
08/06/2008, 10:13 PM
flicked his ear in???????????

jebus
09/06/2008, 9:19 AM
flicked his ear in???????????

As in asking for more.

Anyway is it true that we turned some people away from the match when they went looking for tickets? Wasn't the ideal situation to be sending people running to the Limerick Store anyway, but surely we wouldn't turn away good money?

Roadend
09/06/2008, 9:22 AM
People who didn't have tickets were sent back to the shop on Davis st. to buy them.

jebus
09/06/2008, 9:35 AM
People who didn't have tickets were sent back to the shop on Davis st. to buy them.

story on the Cork forum about some of them getting a bit of grief over on Davis St though, anyone know if thats true?

razor
09/06/2008, 10:39 AM
Sutton should be reported without doubt. A ref should never make a gesture like that to fans, end of story, I hope the club put an official complaint in against that clown.Definitely a dodgy pen if there was ever one.
He also reffed the Everton-Carrick game in Cork yesterday and sent off 3Carrick players in the 1st half, gardai were called by the refs assessor too.

halo16
09/06/2008, 12:29 PM
thought that last fridays game was a poor one in my opinion.mooney definately dived for the peno.limerick could have been there until next week and they wouldnt have scored.thought the limerick back 4 were very good for 80minutes.young danaher and white did well and daly the right full didnt give liam kearney a kick of the ball.thought the centre backs kept mooney and behan very quiet and gave them nothing.thought that derek mc carthy and manjor gave away far too much ball.imn my eyes derek lost the ball nearly every time he got it.thought davey ryan did well,himself and colbert chased and harassed everything.colbert as far as i could see worked very hard but had no influence at all on an attacking point of view for limerick.thought darren harrington did nothing.since when has he been a left winger?should be back imn midfield where he can do some damage cause he is totally wasted on the wing.Cork took the second goal very well but overall i wasnt that impressed by them.fair play to limerick,they never gave up and wewre maybe just lacked that bit of experience.hopefully they can bring that commitment into the league now

see's it
09/06/2008, 6:07 PM
story on the Cork forum about some of them getting a bit of grief over on Davis St though, anyone know if thats true?

annie fitz was flashing the cork fans outside the shop for cider