PDA

View Full Version : TV3 get Champions League back

town73
03/06/2008, 8:52 PM
Uefa (http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=131072/newsid=704408.html)

Irish rights
In the Republic of Ireland, UEFA has also announced the first award of UEFA Champions League rights. From 2009 to 2012, Ireland's public service broadcaster RTÉ will broadcast the first-choice match on a Wednesday night (including the UEFA Champions League final and the UEFA Super Cup), as well as a Wednesday night highlights programme and the weekly magazine programme – all on RTÉ Two. The rights will also be exploited on the internet via www.rte.ie and on mobile via RTÉ.ie Mobile.

Internet and mobile
Commercial broadcaster TV 3 has secured the rights to the first-choice match on a Tuesday, as well as a Tuesday night highlights programme, delayed matches and the weekly magazine programme. These rights will be exploited on the TV 3 channel, on the internet via www.tv3.ie and on mobile.

jebus
03/06/2008, 8:54 PM
:ball::ball:

:(

gilberto_eire
03/06/2008, 11:10 PM
Great!!:rolleyes:

Although my interest in European/English football is all but gone i still like to catch the odd game and there coverage overall for everything is about as bad as you'll get, from the studio to the commentators, i think it makes a good game adverage and an adverage game poor etc....
But that's me, commentators mean a lot to me and how much i enjoy a game.
On a side note i see there starting to get GAA from this year(or next?) now that's something i really did'nt want to see, i was happy with RTE's coverage and did'nt want poxy TV3 getting involved. All the coverage is about the same as ''Eircom League Weekely'' that's there level of quality!!

superfrank
04/06/2008, 12:00 AM
I always loved the Aprés Match one.

Bill [bitter tone]: "Well, we've lost our live Champion's League coverage to TV3...whatever the hell that is."

Roadend
04/06/2008, 8:58 AM
Excellent, does this mean we'll have the amazing insight of Lawro and Toshack too, superb!!

Macy
04/06/2008, 9:16 AM
Any word on the UK rights? I normally watched the Tuesday games on ITV anyway - free, digital widescreen.