PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon

Shelsman
11/08/2003, 5:35 PM
If Shels lose to Olimpija Ljubjana should Fenlon go?

The exit at the hands of Hibernians last year still leaves a sour taste in the mouth. There are no excuses this time.

If Ljubjana edge Shels out then so be it, but if Shels aren't up for it or just play crap then surely it is time to bring in someone else?

With a squad like we have, surely a half decent manager could do a good job?

Slash/ED
11/08/2003, 6:38 PM
I don't think he'll go after that match unless it's a real pasteing, he has us playing decent football (at times anyway) and top of the league, I can't see him going, if he goes at all, before the end of the season.

d13bohs
11/08/2003, 9:39 PM
well hopefully you learn from last year's embarrasment and don't organise any meaningless friendlies the weekend before your European tie...ooops :(

Shelsman
12/08/2003, 1:43 PM
Well I though Derry playing against Barcelona only 48hrs before their away leg in Cyprus was a bit silly, but Barcelona were probobly calling the shots.

I presume the Derry players won't be playing the full game and they will bring on guest players at HT.

Éanna
12/08/2003, 7:08 PM
shels are the same now as they were under keely- kick and rush. they play way too little football considering the talented players they have. their style is awful to watch, but it works in this league. maybe if they tried actually knocking the ball around they'd get results in europe.

Slash/ED
12/08/2003, 7:26 PM
To be honest, I kind of agree, i mean I went to the Dublin tournament second day and I know that it was only a friendly but shels played Leeds off the park and did it with style, the pass and movement was exceptional and that's been a bit to rare in the league this year for a side that's more then capable of producing it, and that's the way Shels need to play to progress in Europe.

Bluebeard
13/08/2003, 12:36 PM
They weren't too pretty on Thursday night last, but I was delighted to hear ye beat Leeds. I reckon that the players are more comfortable playing entertaining football, rather than the hit and hope stuff. Good luck tomorrow night. I hope you come back to Dublin with some meaningful away goals, and do the league proud.

Shelsman
18/08/2003, 1:53 PM
Surely if playing good football is good enough to beat Leeds then it's also good enough to win the League ( and get more fans ) ?

Éanna
20/08/2003, 8:30 PM
Originally posted by Shelsman
Surely if playing good football is good enough to beat Leeds then it's also good enough to win the League ( and get more fans ) ? you'd think so wouldn't you- thats one of the things that bugs me about shels. they have the players to play football and yet they persist with this kick and rush stuff