PDA

View Full Version : Ramblers v Sunderland 28th July Confirmed

Pages : [1] 2

luka
03/06/2008, 8:40 AM
Roy Keane will take Sunderland back to his old club Cobh
Ramblers in July. The Black Cats have confirmed a pre-season friendly against the Ramblers on July 28, their third pre-season fixture in Ireland.
Ramblers are in the eircom Premier League after winning promotion last year.

Keane played for Ramblers before signing for Nottingham Forest in 1990 and Manchester City midfielder Stephen Ireland is a product of their youth system.
Ticket details for the game, which will be played at Turners Cross, home of Cork City (7.30pm), will be confirmed shortly.

Sunderland will also play Athlone Town (August 7) and Shamrock
Rovers (August 9) in Ireland during their 2008 pre-season
schedule. The Wearsiders have fixed up seven games for the summer and will
also play Sporting Lisbon, Vitoria, Nottingham Forest and Ajax.

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=14974

The Rebel Ram
03/06/2008, 11:00 AM
Good to see it all sorted. Hope the tickets are sold inside the ground for one of the homegames, make that extra few bob off of it.

4th-div-are-we
03/06/2008, 12:19 PM
just saw it on sky sports news.happy to see it confirmed.
id prefer sunderland to play their full strength team and beat us 3 or 4 nil than to play a reserve team and end in a 0-0 draw or beat us 1-0...
it will be great for the teams confidence playing them (god knows they need confidence) and they will learn a lot from this experience..

Redshanks
03/06/2008, 2:19 PM
Nice to see you have absolute faith in our own team (14th div) - 1-0 to Ramblers!

I was relibably told that it will be a full squad that Keane is bringing, and I still say our lads could cause an upset!

rambler14
03/06/2008, 2:36 PM
Nice to see you have absolute faith in our own team (14th div) - 1-0 to Ramblers!

I was relibably told that it will be a full squad that Keane is bringing, and I still say our lads could cause an upset!

You seem to be a man in the know.

First you tell us of a potential link up with Seville and now your telling us that Sunderland are bringing a full squad. Anything else we should know???

thegafferman
03/06/2008, 4:55 PM
You seem to be a man in the know.

First you tell us of a potential link up with Seville and now your telling us that Sunderland are bringing a full squad. Anything else we should know???

only on a need to know basis and guess what?lol:p

jfarlo
03/06/2008, 6:36 PM
Sammy hega left a post earlier about how Harps made a killing by selling tickets for their Celtic game at the 2 home games previous to it. hope the club do something similar. Would give us a much needed few quid and create a good atmosphere, maybe get our home form back

Redshanks
04/06/2008, 7:42 AM
Sorry for disapointing ya with a bit of good news there R 14, I guess there are enough plonkers out there spouting from the bad news gospel. And as the gafferman says, it all comes from a need to know basis. When you grow up and If you are good R 14, you too might learn something!

cmcd
04/06/2008, 8:18 AM
On radio this morning match in turners cross with ticket details to follow and in papers that setanta are going to show match and sunderlands other matches

rambler14
04/06/2008, 12:30 PM
Sorry for disapointing ya with a bit of good news there R 14, I guess there are enough plonkers out there spouting from the bad news gospel. And as the gafferman says, it all comes from a need to know basis. When you grow up and If you are good R 14, you too might learn something!

You seem to be making out that i'm having a go at you. I'm complimenting on you bringing this info to our attention.

Redshanks
04/06/2008, 2:07 PM
In that case, you need to know. Will tell ya more later! lol

rambler14
04/06/2008, 2:28 PM
In that case, you need to know. Will tell ya more later! lol

I know some pretty dark and worrying things about the club too but I have been warned not to post it here by the hierarchy.

If anybody's curious you know where I am!

6yardpunisha
04/06/2008, 3:52 PM
I know some pretty dark and worrying things about the club too but I have been warned not to post it here by the hierarchy.

If anybody's curious you know where I am!

jesus lad, do you ever think before you post, you actually sound like your propositioning a hooker

rambler14
04/06/2008, 4:40 PM
jesus lad, do you ever think before you post, you actually sound like your propositioning a hooker

Don't be surprised if the club have to start doing that pretty soon in order to make some extra cash!:D:rolleyes:;)

luka
04/06/2008, 4:45 PM
Don't be surprised if the club have to start doing that pretty soon in order to make some extra cash!:D:rolleyes:;)

I thought this thread was about the Ramblers v Sunderland game. Anyway, Members should check their post tomorrow. Nuff said.

rambler14
04/06/2008, 4:49 PM
I thought this thread was about the Ramblers v Sunderland game. Anyway, Members should check their post tomorrow. Nuff said.

Hopefully some good news because every bit of post that I've got for the last 2 months has been one job rejection after another!

bellavistaman
04/06/2008, 5:11 PM
Hopefully some good news because every bit of post that I've got for the last 2 months has been one job rejection after another!

obviously foot.ie members

chimpster
04/06/2008, 5:23 PM
Back on thread (sort of)....

Roy is currently down in New Zealand learning various coaching skills from the All Blacks (and probably getting a freebie to the Ireland/NZ games on Saturday). We can expect to see some novel moves from the Black Cats next month, including lineouts, rolling mauls and two-man tackles. :p

luka
04/06/2008, 7:30 PM
obviously foot.ie members

Sorry....Season Ticket holders

cheifo
04/06/2008, 9:43 PM
Back on thread (sort of)....

Roy is currently down in New Zealand learning various coaching skills from the All Blacks (and probably getting a freebie to the Ireland/NZ games on Saturday). We can expect to see some novel moves from the Black Cats next month, including lineouts, rolling mauls and two-man tackles. :p

Its going to be good craic watching the reaction of Lineker and Hansen etc when Dwight Yorke,Paul McShane and the lads start doing the Haka.:D

rambler14
04/06/2008, 9:46 PM
Its going to be good craic watching the reaction of Lineker and Hansen etc when Dwight Yorke,Paul McShane and the lads start doing the Haka.:D

Knowing Paul McShane he'll mess it up:D:D

bellavistaman
04/06/2008, 11:15 PM

i am season ticket holder, and i was on about the companies rejecting r14 job application.

Redshanks
05/06/2008, 8:37 AM
If you came before me Bella, trying to convince me you were football manager material and telling me how the job should be done, I'd probably reject your job application also. The penny will drop eventually for R-14 I reckon, but I cant say what year that might be!

rambler14
05/06/2008, 10:00 AM
If you came before me Bella, trying to convince me you were football manager material and telling me how the job should be done, I'd probably reject your job application also. The penny will drop eventually for R-14 I reckon, but I cant say what year that might be!

Hah:D The chairman has spoken!

ramsfan
05/06/2008, 11:11 AM
Hah:D The chairman has spoken!

never have guessed :rolleyes::D

rambler14
05/06/2008, 1:40 PM
Members should check their post tomorrow. Nuff said.

Anybody get their letter in the post yet or is my postman just late???

rambler14
05/06/2008, 1:53 PM
Just got my post there and what do ya know????...................No letter......typical!

luka
05/06/2008, 1:59 PM
Just got my post there and what do ya know????...................No letter......typical!

I heard you weren't getting one..........

rambler14
05/06/2008, 2:00 PM
I heard you weren't getting one..........

Why's that??? I'm a fully paid up member.

luka
05/06/2008, 2:02 PM
'cause there were saving the paper for your job application

rambler14
05/06/2008, 2:05 PM
'cause there were saving the paper for your job application

What you talkin about Willis????

You've officially lost me!

Cici900
05/06/2008, 2:05 PM

Are we(season ticket holders) getting tickets in the post or sumtin?

luka
05/06/2008, 2:06 PM
Nah....just an information leaflet from the Club.

luka
05/06/2008, 2:07 PM
What you talkin about Willis????

You've officially lost me!

FFS read your sig man :rolleyes:

rambler14
05/06/2008, 2:09 PM
FFS read your sig man :rolleyes:

I know, relax!

It still doesn't explain why I havnt been notified about the events next Tuesday.

luka
05/06/2008, 2:10 PM
I know, relax!

It still doesn't explain why I havnt been notified about the events next Tuesday.

:D..................

ramsfan
05/06/2008, 2:40 PM
not the only one who didnt receive a letter, luka it is common knowledge we are getting a letter , so can you enlighten us as to content

luka
05/06/2008, 2:49 PM
To be honest I can't because I'm not sure what's in there myself. I was told twice but have absolutely forgotten.

ramsfan
05/06/2008, 2:53 PM
To be honest I can't because I'm not sure what's in there myself. I was told twice but have absolutely forgotten.

told in a beer fuelled haze after another gig on the mic, pete doherty is only trotting behind ya:D:D:D

luka
05/06/2008, 2:57 PM
You'd be just about correct there Sir.

ramsfan
05/06/2008, 3:10 PM
thought so:)

Redshanks
06/06/2008, 8:48 AM
R-14, your'e rightly mixed up arent you. You said the Chairman had spoken to you, then you said you never recieved your letter. Are the two things connected?
I think Luka knows alright but is trying to spare your feelings. Wouldnt surprise me if he lost your picture application for the season ticket. Check your wallet/pocket to make sure its still there. Its either that, or the postman just dont like you. lol

The Rebel Ram
06/06/2008, 9:32 AM
Anyone get a letter yet and would like to inform us of the content?
I changed address, gave new address to the club but don't know if it has been changed................
Or else my letter is with R14's

ramsfan
06/06/2008, 9:39 AM
R-14, your'e rightly mixed up arent you. You said the Chairman had spoken to you, then you said you never recieved your letter. Are the two things connected?
I think Luka knows alright but is trying to spare your feelings. Wouldnt surprise me if he lost your picture application for the season ticket. Check your wallet/pocket to make sure its still there. Its either that, or the postman just dont like you. lol

a bit harsh, you seem to be zoning in on r14 all the time , grow up:mad:

rambler14
06/06/2008, 10:06 AM

Sorry Mr. Chairman never meant to offend you!:);)

Cici900
06/06/2008, 2:18 PM
Got letter its about an information meeting????

luka
06/06/2008, 5:32 PM
Got letter its about an information meeting????

Wonder what that's about?

ramblers08
06/06/2008, 11:27 PM
wats the story with tickets 4 this match??

luka
07/06/2008, 7:02 AM
wats the story with tickets 4 this match??

I'd say you'll be told on Tuesday night. I know it was a great opportunity to capatilise by selling the tickets inside the ground but now we don't have a home game before the 28th June. Now I know that's exactly a month before the Sunderland game but the revenue is needed now so I'd hazzard a guess tickets will be on sale next week.

don ramo
07/06/2008, 9:32 AM
ticket have to go on sale inside the ground at the next home game, theres noting we need the money for, the transfer window doesnt open till july, so we can stall out for two or three weeeks shouldnt be a problem