PDA

View Full Version : Uhrin Samples -Derry Style

Shelsman
11/08/2003, 12:33 PM
The Apoel Nicosia manager Busan Uhrin went to see Derry play Rovers and said that Derry would be favourites as they are in mid-season and also because they are a strong physical team.

I hope Derry win, but it'll take an extraordinary performance from them to go through.........they just don't have enough quality players ( or players full stop! ) to be serious about progressing a round. Let's hope they win though, and Shels too!!!

Schumi
11/08/2003, 1:36 PM
He's got to be taking the pi$$.

Sorry!

MariborKev
11/08/2003, 6:15 PM
Lies

He didn't say Derry were the favourite- I should know, I was speaking to him!!!!!

pete
11/08/2003, 6:56 PM
I know it sounds bad but IMO Derry have little or no change of progressing so best option then is to - lose heavily away from home so opposition not bothered with giving up a narrow lose in the Brandywell.

Would do some good of the old coefficients if nothing else.

Shelsman
12/08/2003, 12:45 PM
I'd say if Cork City were playing a tie and were underdogs you wouldn't be saying that though, would you?

Bluebeard
13/08/2003, 11:45 AM
Whatever about how good the current Derry team are, I hope that you win the tie, and failing that, at least win one leg. Good luck in Cyprus.

pete
13/08/2003, 11:50 AM
Playing Barca 2 days before an important eufa cup game hardly seems like ideal preparation. Wouldn't be too bad if they were playing at home but not good when have to travel to Cyprus for the 1st leg.