Aaron
02/06/2008, 7:02 PM
Roddy Collins shirt:eek::o

Rovers fan
02/06/2008, 7:05 PM
rte2 won't work for me for some reason!

Boo_Boy
02/06/2008, 7:23 PM
The 3 guests look like they've had a rough bank holiday weekend!

Well done to RTE for showing the midweek game too.

Aaron
02/06/2008, 7:40 PM
Who's your favourite muppet? "Steve Staunton":D:D

forza rovers
02/06/2008, 7:44 PM
rte2 won't work for me for some reason! our me aswell

Boo_Boy
02/06/2008, 7:50 PM
our me aswell

what are ye watchin on?, chorus?

superfrank
02/06/2008, 7:53 PM
Thought Eddie was the best one.

He had to wait to shake Scully's hand while Scully was signing an autograph. Has a quick glance at the watch and then quickly shakes Scully's hand, not saying a word.

He must've known the cameras were on him.

Boo_Boy
02/06/2008, 7:59 PM
Ah crap, i thought Con would go into another fit of laughter like Friday Sportsnight

Aaron
02/06/2008, 8:00 PM
I entered the GOTM, voted GOAL H, Owen Morrison against Harps

Sam_Heggy
02/06/2008, 8:05 PM
Mooneys against Sligo was prob the best goal, Owen Morrisons against us would be up there too.
Shocked that Parkhouse's strike for Harps against Galway wasn't included tbh.

DmanDmythDledge
02/06/2008, 8:06 PM
I entered the GOTM, voted GOAL H, Owen Morrison against Harps
From what was there I'd go for Mooney's.

However, I thought Galway's second against Pats was better than any of the goal nominated.

gilberto_eire
02/06/2008, 8:16 PM
From what was there I'd go for Mooney's.

However, I thought Galway's second against Pats was better than any of the goal nominated.

I only caught the first month's but from what i've heard of there choices since it's a bit of a farce of a competition, i heard they had a peno' in there last month(?). Did'nt see this months yet but i can be confident enough there's at least one that was'nt as good as our second or even Harps 2nd against us, only thing i'd say against Harps second was the build up ended when the shot was blocked down(and the ball broke nicelyy for the follow up shot), thus making the goal only a good strike with nothing before it!

gufct
02/06/2008, 8:58 PM
Absolute disgrace that Vinny's goal wasnt included.It was probably up there with the best Team Goals scored in Terryland ever 6 passes from inside our own half and a super finish.Rico was at the game and reckoned it was goal of the season never mind goal of the month.

iceman
02/06/2008, 8:58 PM
Every time Collins is on MNS he comes up with "when I had him at ...." :D

Rovers fan
02/06/2008, 9:03 PM
what are ye watchin on?, chorus?

No just normal rte! it said something about a transmission,i think there was lightening or something. I miss lost as well.

Tir Oilean
02/06/2008, 9:10 PM
What do people think of Galway United's penalty claim? Didny see the programme tonight.

gufct
02/06/2008, 9:28 PM
still believe the ref was wrong for not giving a peno and a **** for booking deego.

Seagull
02/06/2008, 9:39 PM
Thought Eddie was the best one.

He had to wait to shake Scully's hand while Scully was signing an autograph. Has a quick glance at the watch and then quickly shakes Scully's hand, not saying a word.

He must've known the cameras were on him.

Scully was acting the maggot, Gormley shook hands with the rest of the Rovers bench, Scully saw him and started to flute around with his clipboard , leaving Eddie standing there. Then he barely acknowledged him. Thought Scully would've learned how to be a good loser by now, he's had plenty of practice!

kingdomkerry
02/06/2008, 9:55 PM
Who's your favourite muppet? "Steve Staunton":D:D

That was gas

And Irelands Call over Amhrain na Bhiann :eek:

Voted goal b

cheifo
02/06/2008, 10:07 PM
Yeh, Joey tin hat on here as well, Roddy brings a bit of craic to it IMO.

A face
02/06/2008, 10:53 PM
The 3 guests look like they've had a rough bank holiday weekend!

Ha ha they did didn't they. Roddy was so hung over he put on the wifes blouse :p

Yeh, Joey tin hat on here as well, Roddy brings a bit of craic to it IMO.

I'll agree with that, but he also was coming with crazy off the wall stuff either so he is alot more tolerable then.

Like the intro to the games as well, the newspaper cutting type graphic was good. The 60 mins thing "How do you eat yours", and "whos your favourite muppet" :p

I thought the quality of the goals in this months competition was alot better.

stann
02/06/2008, 11:28 PM
I thought the quality of the goals in this months competition was alot better.

That much is kind of out of their hands in fairness though. ;) :)

To be honest, and this is a general comment now, there's been relatively very little to be critical of in all the episodes so far IMO, and it'll be a long, long time before I forget what went before.
Just to avoid being a total sycophant though, one thing I could pick out was that they might keep closer tabs on the music over the highlights. The tune for the UCD game was very much in the foreground and distracted from the commentary.
Otherwise excellent again, one of the better ones in fact.

theworm2345
02/06/2008, 11:35 PM
Jacqui: Who's your favorite muppet?
Ger Rowe: Steve Staunton :D:D
Aww its already been said :( Oh well I'm just watching now

Nice goal from Behan

Jesus only 230 at the UCD match

Stato
03/06/2008, 5:26 AM
I thought Ger Rowe's answer of "hoops" to the question "hoops or stripes" was interesting given his current team wear stripes.

Stato
03/06/2008, 5:29 AM
What do people think of Galway United's penalty claim? Didny see the programme tonight.

I was at the game and the tv didn't change my opinion. I thought the initial challenge was a penalty but he stayed on his feet, went round the keeper and then fell down.

WoodquayBoy
03/06/2008, 9:21 AM
Scully was acting the maggot, Gormley shook hands with the rest of the Rovers bench, Scully saw him and started to flute around with his clipboard , leaving Eddie standing there. Then he barely acknowledged him. Thought Scully would've learned how to be a good loser by now, he's had plenty of practice!
No, that is Scully through and thorugh, comes across as a very very rude man. I like Shamrock Rovers, but have no sympathy for their current plight given the man in charge

Mr A
03/06/2008, 9:49 AM
The show was 100% better this week. A bit of animation about the panel and the vibe was altogether better.

Roddy really does add to it, far too many of the other panelists are way too bland and all sing from the same hymn sheet.

superfrank
03/06/2008, 10:48 AM
I thought Ger Rowe's answer of "hoops" to the question "hoops or stripes" was interesting given his current team wear stripes.
Meh.

I'm still disgusted he chose Ireland's Call over Amhrán na bhFiann.

oriel
04/06/2008, 12:34 PM
Meh.

I'm still disgusted he chose Ireland's Call over Amhrán na bhFiann.

Total disgrace he said that. Also Fingal for the first div ?????

Iceman previously mentioned the collins 'i had him at dub city, rovers etc' change the record collins, boring.

Maz
04/06/2008, 12:39 PM
I personally think the show would be an awful dull affair without Roddy. He gets everyone talking whether you love him or loathe him. He's good when we are talking about his clothes....What a flamboyant shirt he had!!

sligofan4ever
04/06/2008, 2:48 PM
our me aswell

It worked fine for me seen all of it with no problems are ye on chorus ? because when I had chorus I had them problems myself.

bellavistaman
04/06/2008, 5:24 PM
Alot of people in cobh very insulted by your mans comments about cobh and the titanic, no need for it really.

mypost
04/06/2008, 5:32 PM
Back to TV3 time next week, 11:55, due to EC coverage. :o

Mr A
04/06/2008, 5:40 PM
I was wondering why he wouldn't give the actual time on the air, he kept just saying it would be a 'later time'!

Oh well, tis only the cup and at least it's on!

Martinho II
04/06/2008, 8:52 PM
and at least its on rtes website for those who miss it unlike tv3 where you were lucky to catch a repeat early in the mornin at six if you were an earlier riser!

Block G Raptor
05/06/2008, 10:42 AM
Ed Leahy's eL.O.I Article (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns/features/eircomleague/) from the MNS page on rte.ie

A Brilliant dig at Barstoolers and a thinly veiled go at George Hamiltions "Domestic season comments"

passinginterest
05/06/2008, 10:49 AM
Ed Leahy's eL.O.I Article (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns/features/eircomleague/) from the MNS page on rte.ie

A Brilliant dig at Barstoolers and a thinly veiled go at George Hamiltions "Domestic season comments"

That article has been up for ages. I'm pretty sure it was written before George Hamilton made those comments. It's not a bad piece though.

Block G Raptor
05/06/2008, 11:16 AM
he mentions the game against Serbia in the article so I don't think it could have been up before it. the opening paragraph about the the Domestic Season being over and looking forward to Euro2008 seems to me to be a subtle dig at hamiltons almost identical comments during the match. I could be wrong as when mentioning the Serbia game he doesn't mention if it was fortcoming or Past

robbieos88
05/06/2008, 1:07 PM
Roddy livens up the show but the other two last night don't have a clue, saying Bobby Ryan contributed two the two goals and should get more of a chance. He was our worst player and he only setup one but it wasn't the setup it was the finish that made that goal and he was our worst player.
Some of the panel really don't have a clue, but good programme overall.

Stato
05/06/2008, 2:43 PM
I was wondering why he wouldn't give the actual time on the air, he kept just saying it would be a 'later time'!

I reckon they'll record it earlier in the day or at the weekend and then show it as though it's live, hence why they didn't know the time.

CameramanConka
05/06/2008, 11:26 PM
I reckon they'll record it earlier in the day or at the weekend and then show it as though it's live, hence why they didn't know the time.

It goes out live.