PDA

View Full Version : tonights game

claretandblue
31/05/2008, 9:23 PM
Back to reality! Overpowered, outplayed but to be fair i thought the ref came without his saddle, ridden bareback to say the least:mad:

4th-div-are-we
31/05/2008, 9:30 PM
Back to reality! Overpowered, outplayed but to be fair i thought the ref came without his saddle, ridden bareback to say the least:mad:

pretty much sums it up tbh..although in the last 10 dey started playing but it was 80 mins too late..
kearney made a bit of an influence coming on but changes have to be made to have any chance of surviving...
heartbraking stuff going up there match after match watchin the team get hammered..
ref was terrible (not the first)...could of given us a penalty or two but didnt...didnt see what the sending off was for.anybody care to tell??

:oembarassing to say the least....

don ramo
31/05/2008, 9:35 PM

the ref might have broken our nose, but we were the ones who shot ourselves in teh foot, the ref wasnt at fault for any of the goals we conceded,

why were we playin a negative 4-5-1 tonight, at home we were defensive, there was no anger in the lads tonight, if youre playin negative football you should at least be hasseling them for every ball,

if we were animals in the wild we'd be dinner

claretandblue
31/05/2008, 9:40 PM
Need someone upfront to aim at. i presume Barrett and mucky were injured,thought cambridge was out of his depth.Should have given Deady 20 mins at the end, would have done no harm.

The Rebel Ram
31/05/2008, 11:13 PM
It's getting depressing at this stage. It's not just that we are looding it is the manner. I don't know if the team is physically drained or pyscologically drained but the fight is gone. Since the home record went the fight did too. The aren't putting teams under pressure. They can't play 4-5-1 at home. It's admitting defeat before a ball is kicked. I would uv to see them play 4-3-3 for a game. Our midfield hasn't been ahead in any game. Play a long ball with bodies to aim for. If they score just score more...... we done it that way before. At least we might get some excitment at a game.
just ****ed and deprepresed at this stage!!!!:(

depor
31/05/2008, 11:47 PM
ya absolutely and totally depressing stuff, i felt gutted going out the gate, they blew us away, too much power, too much quality, and huge experience between them. we just looked so naive.very sad to see but its not over yet, it would get us down but we know that they can play good footie and that if they keep their heads and dont lose the faith, they'll be ok.

i think we were too defensive tonight, it just dosnt work for us like that. thats not our game. the ref didnt help but hes not the fault for the goals. especially depressing night as people are accused of throwing things at the ref. the lads had a bad performance but its still not as bad as the match officials' performance, especially the ref. players and teams can have bad days, only human, but hes bad all the time. the sending off was a disgrace.

ramsfan
01/06/2008, 12:55 AM
a couple of points

1 the idiots who were throwing stuff at ref were standing close enough to where i was watching they should be banned for life , they have no place ion colmans park, they should be named and shamed

2 the players heads have totally dropped , they are players now who arent playing too there abilty and are totally drained of confidence, best example tonight was mucky normally the drive within the team tonight his head was down and he looked beat

3 the discipline has slipped to dave hill proportions the yellows and reds are piling up, we are slipping too our old ways which is bad

4 this is not the managers fault, he is working with what he has , you wouldnt expect lewis hamilton to win monaco grandprix driving a fiat punto so be realistic, when things went awry tonight he had no options on the bench to change things, more idiots were shouting at him telling him he hadnt an idea what he was doing, do not in nice terms like that:rolleyes:
they were moaning about 451, saying we should play 442 if we had played 442 we would have been ripped apart even more

14 games gone and 9 points things are looking bleak, july is not the time to buy players as we will prob be adrift by then last january and feb was time to buy , we tried to play prem football on a mid table first div budget which is totally ****e

plain and simple fact is money wasnt there or wasnt made available and now we are starting to see the pitfalls that has brought

The Rebel Ram
01/06/2008, 12:59 AM
tbh i don't think the ref made that many bad calls. through rose tinted glasses alright but i didn't see much. Ffs we have to stop blaming themin every game, it only makes us look foolish.
we can't play deffensive, esecially with Gutsie out, now Murray will be missing.
The only good thing is that we aren't too far behind!

Comic Book Guy
01/06/2008, 8:36 AM
Some good points there, tbh I thought the ref was very poor but we can have no excuses, we were destroyed tonight simple as that.
That said their 3rd goal should not have been given as their big forward led with his elbow which clobbered Brian McCarthy right under the nose of the linesman and Davin should have been given a peno in the 1st half as he turned the full back there was a clear pull on the jersey in the area. There wre a lot of inconsistencies in his performance and I know our players lost their cool but it's hard not to when it's happening to them every 2nd or 3rd game. It's funny when the refs made some howlers in other games the experts (i.e Roddy and co) were slating them yet when it happened to us and Hendo spoke out it's like who the hell does this guy think he is.
Rant over.
BTW we were lucky it was not more than 4 last night.

marty
01/06/2008, 9:12 AM
Gutted,we cant go blaming the ref its too easy to do that.Taking off barrett was a mistake the midfield lost its heart and they just walked through us,the biggest problem now is replacing murray for the city game they"ll f**ken eat us at the cross.We are led to believe colin o brien greg o halloren and one more will be joining us its hard to say weather theyll be impact singings or the players that will plunge us into the red financially....

luka
01/06/2008, 9:27 AM
Marty summed it up in one word lads, 'Gutted'. There's positives and negatives to be take from this game although the negs outweight the pos', and I'm sure I don't need to spell them out. Drogheda Utd, or as I called them somewhere during the game Galway Utd, were certainly the far more superior team on the night. I wouldn't despair though.

rambler14
01/06/2008, 10:18 AM
Absolutely crap!.....................again.

There was no shape, there was no sense, there was no creativity. It was without a doubt our worse display of the season so far.

The referee was an absolute disgrace and so one sided it wasn't funny.
Ramblers got 6 yellows and a red. Drogheda on the other hand got none!!!!! One yellow was for a foul by John Meade the rest were all for dissent. He was so one sided that when Graham Cummins' goal was disallowed for offside even though the ball was played backwards!!! There was a cheer and when the crowd saw the offside flag they burst into laughter which echoed around the ground. I wouldn't bother watching MNS because we won't be on it instead the game will be on Crimeline because we were robbed:mad:

I thought Brian McCarthy had a very poor game. He was the one who gave away the ball for the 1st goal and he then got caught ball watching for the 2nd and 4th goal.
The third goal should have been disallowed for offside and not only that Brian McCarthy was on the ground with a head injury which is why Murray got sent off for stating the obvious.

To be honest we deserve to lose for letting Ibrahima score who is without a doubt one of the worst and dirtiest players in the league. He jumps with his elbows and has a kick at the player when the ball is gone.

We have too many first division players and a clearence is needed. I never thought i'd say this but Davin isn't up to it and there are 3 or 4 others who played last night that wouldn't make any other premier division team.

I thought Alan Kearney made an impact of sorts and was a threat.

We don't know how to play 4-5-1 because the striker spent more time on the wing than anywhere else.

We need to improve and we need to improve now otherwise we could be a cup shock Friday night against Sporting Fingal.

You should have gone to work ramsfan! I think we all should have made other plans last night.:D

rambler14
01/06/2008, 10:26 AM
Our performences are getting out of hand at the minute. We need to keep the faith and hope we can go on some form of cup run that would generate some revenue for the club.

I know i'm being critical in the previous post but thats because there are no positives to take out of last night and basically i'm just being brutally honest because the time for bull and offering false hope is gone out the window.

ramsfan
01/06/2008, 7:10 PM
dead right but what options has manager got unfair to criticise him if he was sacked and a new guy brought in what could he change with current squad available to him and finances available to him

marty
01/06/2008, 10:45 PM
The manager will take some responsability but ultimitly it boils down to a full time outfit the team cant have changed that much since galway,after all the same galway team drew with pats only days after we beat them.Alarm bells will be ringing but only in cobh i doubt anybody over the bridge ever gave us a chance of survival.We must dust ourselves down and get on with it the response will tell a lot against Fingal but their a team who can defend and score so expect another 4 if the attitude isnt addressed.

Rambler1
04/06/2008, 9:50 PM
Time to regroup starting on Friday in Morton Stadium