PDA

View Full Version : Bars or Restaurants, near Heuston

Blueandproud
31/05/2008, 8:04 PM
Hi Lads.

I'm looking for a bit of help.

Could someone recommend some pubs or restaurants in or around
Heuston Station, that would serve dinner at around 4.00.

Thanks In Advance.

Roll on the F.A.I. Cup game in Galway, I can't wait.

HarpoJoyce
31/05/2008, 8:46 PM
The station itself has a nice carvery to the left hand side before the Easons bookstore. There is an extra friendly chef there who does about three joints and other fare.

If you walk straight out the entrance with your back to the trainlines, towards the Luas stop. Turn left and walk over the Liffey and then left again on Cunningham road (just short of C. road), there is a strip of pubs and restaurants.

Nancy Hands is about ten years old and has pub grub downstairs and a very nice restaurant above with prices to match. (the upstairs may not be open early evening)

Traditional bar Ryans is mentioned in the Tourist guides for beer, I don't no what food they provide.

There is a Brassier near Ryans which does noice food again with the appropiate prices. My rec. Nancy Hands or the Station.

Don't eat too much, you might fall asleep during the game.

kingdomkerry
31/05/2008, 8:52 PM
The food at the bar in the station is grand. Dont buy your cans for the train there though. Half the price in an off licence

Blueandproud
31/05/2008, 9:54 PM
Thanks alot lads.

It's most appreciated as I am off to Galway for the F.A.I. Cup game on Friday and by the time I get to Galway, I won't have time for dinner, so I've got to grab a bite to eat in Dublin before my connecting train.

So thanks alot for helping me out.

Roll on the F.A.I. Cup game in Galway, I can't wait, B.T.I.D.

thischarmingman
31/05/2008, 10:16 PM
The food at the bar in the station is grand. Dont buy your cans for the train there though. Half the price in an off licence

^What he said.^