PDA

View Full Version : Forest V Sunderland

petef
09/08/2003, 8:03 PM
I'm a Forest fan but am an admirer of Mick McCarthy and would like to see Sunderland do well, but obviously not in that fixture today. How Sunderland are 10-1 and greater favourites than Forest I'll never know. Going by there performance today Mick has a lot of work to do, same old story of loads of chances but failing to put them away, they havent won now away since August 2002. It's kind of odd that a team that has quite a few Irish International players struggles so much. Mind if Kilbane wasn't diving he was overhitting his crosses.

NigeSausagepump
11/08/2003, 8:14 AM
Andy Reid got great write ups in the UK papers yesterday morning. The Observer said its only a matter of time before he's a Premiership player.

Funny how the same English papers are no longer bleating on about how McCarthy is such a fantastic manager now! I'll never forget the patronising attitude some of them took towards us after McCarthy was forced to resign. It was all along the lines of the silly Irish don't know what they're doing getting rid of such a gem. Hmmmm.

petef
11/08/2003, 9:19 AM
Andy Reids going nowhere, he's quite happy at Forest, the guys playing out of his skin at the moment, I think a call up to the national side could be in the offing. He's a damn site better than the likes of Kilbane.

Mondo
03/09/2003, 7:38 PM
Originally posted by petef
Andy Reids going nowhere, he's quite happy at Forest, the guys playing out of his skin at the moment, I think a call up to the national side could be in the offing. He's a damn site better than the likes of Kilbane.

Im going to see him and John Thompson Friday night in the Irish u-21s.
Reid signed a new 3 year contact in the summer and is going nowhere!
Top bloke too and had a good chat with him after the Sunderland game;)

Lionel Hutz
03/09/2003, 9:05 PM
Originally posted by Mondo
Im going to see him and John Thompson Friday night in the Irish u-21s.
Reid signed a new 3 year contact in the summer and is going nowhere!
Top bloke too and had a good chat with him after the Sunderland game;)

Thompsons a centraldefender if Im right? Iv seen his name in the forest team sheet recently, hows he coping with first team football?

Mondo
03/09/2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Lionel Hutz
Thompsons a centraldefender if Im right? Iv seen his name in the forest team sheet recently, hows he coping with first team football?

After a shaky start to the season he is now performing very very well.
He can also play Right Back and in Midfield but his partnership with Micky Dawson is probably the best in Division 1