PDA

View Full Version : Tallaght Stadium Pics

Pages : [1] 2

blackholesun
30/05/2008, 11:05 PM
http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/gallery/index.php?Qwd=./Stadium/29thMay2008&Qif=GeorgeKellyPix08.jpg&Qiv=thumbs&Qis=M

bhs

dcfcsteve
30/05/2008, 11:10 PM
Good to see the workmen steaming ahead there.

Will be great for the league, as well as Rovers, when it's built and you're in there.

What's the completion date ? Is a big name friendly being lined-up for the Opening ?

kingdomkerry
30/05/2008, 11:15 PM
Whats it going to be like when the first phase is done. I assume that in time for next season the stand will be done dressing rooms etc. which will give an attendance of about 2/3k. Is there going to be a stand on the other side or on the four sides or all the way around eventually?

DmanDmythDledge
30/05/2008, 11:15 PM
I heard from a good source tonight (although I still find it hard to believe) that Rovers will be charging €30 into Tallaght Stadium when it is completed. Likewise with Bohs and Harristown.

On the pics- great to see. When Rovers move in it will really boost their crowds.

dcfcsteve
30/05/2008, 11:22 PM
Considering Ireland charged c. €43 (£30) into a meaingless friendly against an unglamorous team at a poor stadium last night, I can see why those clubs might be mistaken into thinking €30 is about right...

AnnaghRed
30/05/2008, 11:24 PM
Was past it last monday and gutted to see it looking much like it has done for the last 3 years.....good to see things moving along since then.

Rovers fan
31/05/2008, 10:53 AM
Considering Ireland charged c. €43 (£30) into a meaingless friendly against an unglamorous team at a poor stadium last night, I can see why those clubs might be mistaken into thinking €30 is about right...

Ya but in fairness,not many sunshiners will pay 30euro a week to see their team play,especially if they aren't in the title hunt. Look what happened galway this year,they put up ticket prices and they seem to be getting very poor crowds(attendance was 1003 against pats,who are playing the best football in the league).30euro would scare a lot of fans away.

blackholesun
31/05/2008, 10:53 AM
>attendance of about 2/3k

The main stand pictured will have about 3400 seats in it. Hopefully there will be bucket stlye Pats / UCD seats in the rest of the ground. Id say capacity will be around 6-7K when it opens.

>that Rovers will be charging €30 into Tallaght Stadium when it is completed. Likewise with Bohs and Harristown.

Seriously doubt that, the Rovers board and members know there are no shortcuts in football, they'll be trying to get the locals on board and 30 quid into the ground would be double what we currently charge and a silly move in the current financial climate. Id hope that the cost of entry for season tkt holders works at about 15 a game, Id say theyll charge 20 a head for adults for pay on the day customers.

We currently have just over 500 members paying 50 a month each who have the option of taking a season ticket if they want, roughly about 33% of the members currently take a season tkt and alot of others pay an extra 150 to buy a reduced price season tkt or else just pay in on the gate. On top of that there about 100 non member current season holders. Hopefully to begin with in Tallaght we'll have in total 1000 season tickets holders including hopefully about 600 memebrs by then.

Yes it will be great for Rovers and another boost for the league which it exactly why the GAA tried for so long to stop it ever happening!

bhs

stojkovic
31/05/2008, 1:20 PM
The pitch looks in good nic.

Have a local side been playing on it.

Cant wait, new Tallaght and new Lansdowne.

Are we allowed play Friday nights or was that blocked ?

Buller
31/05/2008, 3:29 PM
The pitch looks in good nic.

Have a local side been playing on it.

Cant wait, new Tallaght and new Lansdowne.

Are we allowed play Friday nights or was that blocked ?

Pitch was pristine and maintained untill 2005 when the judical nonsense started....
It grew a bit long and was just cut a week ago.
And yes, of course we're allowed play on fridays. ;)
The main stand pictured there will have 3,000 seats. Temp seating should be erected at both ends while the second stand is under construction. Second stand will also have 3,000 seats...

kingdomkerry
31/05/2008, 4:31 PM
So the capacity for the first home game of next season will only be 3,000?

mypost
31/05/2008, 5:11 PM

The main stand pictured will have about 3400 seats in it. Hopefully there will be bucket stlye Pats / UCD seats in the rest of the ground. Id say capacity will be around 6-7K when it opens.

Buller
31/05/2008, 6:54 PM

The main stand pictured there will have 3,000 seats. Temp seating should be erected at both ends

I doubt it! 3,000 would be way too small... The temp stands should be in place for opening game.

kdjaC
31/05/2008, 6:56 PM
30 blips is for the opening game, trying to get celtic afaik. Mate is working on the site he reckons the stand and building be done by november.

Fair enough really pats werent far off that with the spurs match afaik we playing celtic in julyish that will be 30 quid and i heartily endorse any celtic fans in ireland to go.

kdjac

rebelarmyexile
31/05/2008, 7:00 PM
http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/gallery/index.php?Qwd=./Stadium/29thMay2008&Qif=GeorgeKellyPix08.jpg&Qiv=thumbs&Qis=M

bhs

Great stuff. Are they any Artists impressions/computer drawing/plans on the finished stadium??

Also current stand looks curved at the end, will the plan be to have a bowl (full circle) stadium?

kingdomkerry
31/05/2008, 7:21 PM
Great stuff. Are they any Artists impressions/computer drawing/plans on the finished stadium??

Also current stand looks curved at the end, will the plan be to have a bowl (full circle) stadium?

As long as its not like the belfield bowl:eek::eek:

Buller
31/05/2008, 7:21 PM

Yep full circle when fully finished giving 10,000 capacity, 2nd tier expandable aswell as the foundations are built to accomodate this - I've posted the plans up numerous times over the years on this forum...

As long as its not like the belfield bowl
We'd rather be homeless! ;)

HarpoJoyce
31/05/2008, 7:42 PM
Yep full circle when fully finished giving 10,000 capacity, 2nd tier expandable aswell as the foundations are built to accomodate this - I've posted the plans up numerous times over the years on this forum...

We'd rather be homeless! ;)

Where did the figure for 10,000 capacity come from? I realise SDCC can use there own application process to change any original plans and permission. However, through a lenghty application process in 1996 and 1997 the ground was given a limit of 6,000 spectators and 20 home games a season. Is there any official papers in writing which changes these original permissions?

I understand your last comment was only replying to another.

kingdomkerry
31/05/2008, 7:42 PM
Sure throw them up one last time

Buller
31/05/2008, 7:46 PM
Where did the figure for 10,000 capacity come from? I realise SDCC can use there own application process to change any original plans and permission. However, through a lenghty application process in 1996 and 1997 the ground was given a limit of 6,000 spectators and 20 home games a season. Is there any official papers in writing which changes these original permissions?

I understand your last comment was only replying to another.

The last PP as far as I know was indeed 6,000. (ie: just 2 stands)
When we're completing the full circle we seek PP again...

20 games? We can play up to 40 a year afaik.

PM me your email address if you want pics/plans...

forza rovers
31/05/2008, 7:49 PM
As long as its not like the belfield bowl:eek::eek:i doubt it will be the grave of irish football like the bowl

Buller
31/05/2008, 7:51 PM
i doubt it will be the grave of irish football like the bowl

Hence the joke...

HarpoJoyce
31/05/2008, 7:57 PM
The last PP as far as I know was indeed 6,000. (ie: just 2 stands)
When we're completing the full circle we seek PP again...

20 games? We can play up to 40 a year afaik.

PM me your email address if you want pics/plans...

Yes, your figure of 40 sounds right. I had it in my head you were being squeezed with fixtures as much as capacity.

If you don't mind I will pass on reading future planning applications because as you know, stuff changes.

Buller
31/05/2008, 8:21 PM
If you don't mind I will pass on reading future planning applications because as you know, stuff changes.

:confused: They haven't changed once since 1997!

blackholesun
31/05/2008, 8:22 PM
The oringal plans were for a 360 degress oval shaped stadium, but to appease the various objectors the capacity was reduced to 6000ish by chopping the two ends out of the plans. If the stadium is ever completed as per the original plans it would a 10000ish seater stadium.

bhs

HarpoJoyce
31/05/2008, 8:34 PM
:confused: They haven't changed once since 1997!

The oringal plans were for a 360 degress oval shaped stadium, but to appease the various objectors the capacity was reduced to 6000ish by chopping the two ends out of the plans. If the stadium is ever completed as per the original plans it would a 10000ish seater stadium.

bhs

For the two of you. What will be completed by March 2008 will be completed. It is SDCC that is completing the work. When PP is amended it changes and the objectors have an input in the plans. SDCC have control of the parcel of land again after taking it back off SRFC.

I want to be polite to yourselves this evening, but please do not attempt to change history. You are getting your ground, other people are building it for you. I am sure you are grateful to them.

One word of warning, because you are argumentative or sensitive on the subject of your ground. Your relationship with SDCC will sour within three years of moving in fully to Tallaght. It may be described as a Personality clash, but I fear that SRFC will present it as a problem only from the council's side.

blackholesun
31/05/2008, 11:39 PM
> I want to be polite to yourselves this evening, but please do not attempt to change history. You are getting your ground, other people are building it for you. I am sure you are grateful to them.

The council will be finishing off the stadium. Money from the FAI, gov, Umbro etc has paid for what has built to date.

How was the Belfield Bowl financed? A whip-around in the students union? :confused:
Vast majority of UCD students never give 2 hoots about UCDFC so doubt it was that! ;)

bhs

mypost
31/05/2008, 11:45 PM
We're not the only club to not fully own our own ground.

People in this country seem to think that if you don't pay for things out of your own pocket, it degrades it somehow. :confused::rolleyes:

Buller
01/06/2008, 9:21 AM
One word of warning, because you are argumentative or sensitive on the subject of your ground. Your relationship with SDCC will sour within three years of moving in fully to Tallaght. It may be described as a Personality clash, but I fear that SRFC will present it as a problem only from the council's side.

Being fairly presumptuous aren't we? I dont mean to be snobbish but your post is ridden with underlying jealously... either that or you are pretty pessimistic!
The relationship between us and the council is very strong. Without them we might still be in a state of peril. They originally gave us a 100 year lease on the land and have been encouraging us since the start. In 11 years our relationship still hasn't soured in the slightest - even after we ran into financial difficulty and work stopped. The stadium is our design and some of our own money went into its construction. It is therefore highly unlikely they would attempt to kick us out of our stadium anytime soon. And I'm not sure the government or the FAI (who also contributed 1m so far) would be too pleased. I look forward to talking to you in 3 years.

HarpoJoyce
01/06/2008, 9:39 AM
I never understand why posters would pretend to misintrepret other posters posts unless it is just to be mischievious. I write one thing and a poster will quote me and write something different misinterpreting what I said. It is a diease from the managemnt and moderators down. Shame.

After Edit:
Shamrock Rovers given leave to bring SDCC to Court
http://www.donaghys.ie/Shamrock_rovers_granted_leave_to_challenge_South_D ublin_County_Council_decision/Default.30.html

Relationship has soured in the past, already happend. I was too late to prevent it.

kingdomkerry
01/06/2008, 1:45 PM
I never understand why posters would pretend to misintrepret other posters posts unless it is just to be mischievious. I write one thing and a poster will quote me and write something different misinterpreting what I said. It is a diease from the managemnt and moderators down. Shame.

After Edit:
http://www.donaghys.ie/Shamrock_rovers_granted_leave_to_challenge_South_D ublin_County_Council_decision/Default.30.html

Relationship has soured in the past, already happend. I was too late to prevent it.

Why are you so interested in the relationship between SRFC and SDCC anyway.

While we are on the subject of presumtions I presume UCD will get thrown out of the league and put in to a college league some time in the future. Average home support about 100 and a farce of a "Stadium" are grounds enough for expulsion.

stojkovic
01/06/2008, 2:50 PM
You are getting your ground, other people are building it for you. I am sure you are grateful to them.

As I'm sure Juventus are grateful to Turin city council and Milan and Inter to the Milan city council and the same for every other Italian team who dont own one single stadium between them.

Also do you think that Madrid paid every single peseta for the cost of the Bernabeu out of their own pockets and Barca too. Dream on Harpo. Both clubs have never been in debt in their lives. Always written off by the bank and the local councils.

HarpoJoyce
01/06/2008, 3:39 PM
This is getting too weird. ....em...I ask a clarifying question on what was agreed in the late nineteen nineties and what was suggested on a football thread now. The replies contradicted each other so I just stated what was happening at present and what I fear maybe in the future of SRFC. I did mention 'argumentative' and 'sensitive', I'm kinda glad I did now.

More, smart remarks and just wrong information is presented on the thread in reply to my post "In 11 years our relationship still hasn't soured in the slightest - even after we ran into financial difficulty and work stopped." I had to show that SRFC have brought SDCC to court in the past. I didn't bring the injunction, it's not my fault, don't blame the messager.

It pretty clear the chaps above don't have information on SRFC's recent history (maybe up to the very recent present). Some people may say to them 'don't post'. I ask 'who gave you the current information you have' in future, it's a good idea to get information from a few 'independent' (different) sources.

I don't know what else to say, the same posters on the thread were taking cracks at UCD before I asked my own question. I'm letting them off the hook 'cos I was looking for information. They don't have it, it's not their fault they don't have it, but they shouldn't get upset with me. My first questions on SRFC and the SDCC ground have now changed.

Rovers fan
01/06/2008, 5:32 PM
I'm convinced that if there was only 1 person posting on foot.ie he would still manage to start an arguement in every thread!!

HulaHoop
01/06/2008, 9:59 PM

After Edit:

That court case was taken by the old board of Rovers after SDCC lost patience with them after four years of no builders on site and rumours of deals with property developers. At that stage SDCC could have taken the land back and built high density apartment blocks and made millions but they didn't. As soon as the fans took over the club SDCC offered to finish the stadium off for us and to move us in asap. The relationship is excellent between Rovers and SDCC.

At the moment both sides are working together on a long term plan for the stadium after Rovers commissioned a report from http://www.johndix.co.uk/ on maximising the benefits of the stadium for the club, the council and the Tallaght Community in general.

passinginterest
17/06/2008, 11:52 AM
Apparently the Tallaght site is crawling with builders today, seems to be a big step up in the work. New warning signs about site access gone up and a whole lot of activity going on.

Stato
17/06/2008, 5:15 PM
For the sake of clarity, here are some of the details of the An Bord Pleanala decision on the stadium from 14 Jan 1998 (available from the SDCC website if you search for Shamrock Rovers in the Planning section). Is it correct to say that the planning decisions are no longer valid now that the council have taken back the site?

Anyway, here's some of details:

Stadium capacity limited to 6,000 (revised plans were to be submitted showing this).
First team matches only to be played on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays and no more than six Wednesday nights in a calender year.
800 parking spaces.
Not to be used for concerts without planning permission
Floodlighting to be positioned and angled so as not to cause glare to traffic.

There's more but it's technical and boring re walls, sewers etc.

HarpoJoyce
17/06/2008, 7:02 PM
Shamrock rovers fans don't like anyone talking about their football club, however they share a league with others and have to be brave and be socialable.

There is an expansion of the scaffolding along the back of the future Main Stand.

The PP was agreed between various interested parties, including the Old Bawn Community School. New fresh planning applications would have to go forward into the public domain before a change is made. The school influenced some of the planning process, including times agreed on when matches were to take place. At the time this caused great distress to SRFC supporters. Some of the supporters used rude words to describe this Community School in Tallaght.

kingdomkerry
17/06/2008, 8:56 PM
Shamrock rovers fans don't like anyone talking about their football club, however they share a league with others and have to be brave and be socialable.

There is an expansion of the scaffolding along the back of the future Main Stand.

The PP was agreed between various interested parties, including the Old Bawn Community School. New fresh planning applications would have to go forward into the public domain before a change is made. The school influenced some of the planning process, including times agreed on when matches were to take place. At the time this caused great distress to SRFC supporters. Some of the supporters used rude words to describe this Community School in Tallaght.

Here we go

galwayhoop
17/06/2008, 11:52 PM
The PP was agreed between various interested parties,

You may very well know your facts in this case in general but I can assure you that planning permission is, and always has been, granted by the relevant local authority (city/county council) and nobody else. Various parties do not, and never have, agreed a planning permission.

Granted submissions can be sent in and objections made but the local authority decide to grant (with or without conditions) or refuse. Following the grant/refusal parties who made submissions or the applicant themselves can appeal the decision, or part thereof, to An Bord Pleanala.

Should Rovers wish to expand in the future they would only have to make a new application. At that point the community school (or any other person/group) could choose to object or send in a submission. Although it may make sense for them to consult with any potential objectors prior to submitting an application they would not be obliged to.

Anyway, methinks that a ground of 6,000 capacity should suffice for a few years anyhow. Maybe one or two games (esp. if Rovers happened to get into Europe) may need a higher capicity but the vast majority would not.

desaintsno.12
18/06/2008, 2:59 AM
should this not be in the rovers section ?

galwayhoop
18/06/2008, 9:32 AM
should this not be in the rovers section ?

Don't think so. It has been a long saga and I think most neutral supporters (myself included) have an interest when a new stadium is on the horizon, especially this one.

Mr A
18/06/2008, 9:35 AM
Agree with that. I think major stadium news warrants inclusion on the main board.

Sheridan
18/06/2008, 9:42 AM
The thread on Drogheda's stadium got moved to the club forum...

galwayhoop
18/06/2008, 10:24 AM
The thread on Drogheda's stadium got moved to the club forum...

Missed that. Is that stadium going ahead/under construction or is it still at proposal stage.

ForzaHoop
17/07/2008, 2:45 PM
The Builders are there, they spent a while cleaning up.
But now they are lashing into the work to have Phase I done by next season

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/3576/57527642tw5.jpg

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/6041/13496320ne5.jpg

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/3889/17385248ec2.png.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/gallery/Stadium/29thMay2008/GeorgeKellyPix08.jpg

SalvadorSanchez
21/07/2008, 5:03 PM
Drove past it on Friday at 5.30 ish, didn't see much going on but then again the ol' builders might be on holidays etc. Hope that rovers can finish it off in style with 4 stands etc. and that they get the crowds to keep it going....
€30 in is a joke though, €15 is plenty for this league, what's the parking situation? NRA going after you like they did the Drogs?

fergalr
07/08/2008, 12:46 PM
Drove past it on Friday at 5.30 ish, didn't see much going on but then again the ol' builders might be on holidays etc.

Loads of work going on ..... latest pics here: http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/gallery/index.php?Qwd=./Stadium/31stJuly2008&Qiv=thumbs&Qis=M

€30 in is a joke though
Who said anything about €30!?

What's the parking situation?
Rovers are a green club - use the Luas.

John83
07/08/2008, 12:49 PM
Rovers are a green club - use the Luas.
Green club, red line. :P

Are their rumours of a ticket price hike so?

EDIT: Just glanced at the pictures. Seems to be coming along nicely. Any news on a completion date?

passinginterest
07/08/2008, 12:58 PM
Green club, red line. :P

Are their rumours of a ticket price hike so?

EDIT: Just glanced at the pictures. Seems to be coming along nicely. Any news on a completion date?

According to the Ultra board the roof is due to go on in the next week or two. And one solitary red seat has been installed.
Completion date February 2009. Or at least that's the opening date. Main stand should be complete and temporary stand on opposite side to bring capacity to 6,000.

On the parking issue there's loads of parking within 5 minutes of the ground, directly opposite in the Woodies/Arena Hotel development, at the Square, underground at Marks & Spencer and Super Value as well as a Q Park just beyond the square.