PDA

View Full Version : Under 21 match

Cityace
08/08/2003, 9:40 PM
The under 21 lost 2-0 (The second being a peno).

Cant give the full team But

Mooney in goal,
K.Murray,
Colin P.,
Behan,(subbed in second half,wasnt up for it at all,missed a sitter)
Lordan,
Carey,
The new Chech guy(that is where he is from isnt it?)

The chech guy is really tall.not well built or anything but he is only 17,got 4 years to sort that out.He is a fine player, would remind you of georgie the way he moves on and off the ball.

Georgie, Devine,O Grady,Dolan,and Lennox were there.

Murphy was in charge.(Hmmmm, result familiar?:rolleyes: )

dcnags
08/08/2003, 11:12 PM
i was there aswell.his name is softic and hes bosnian.greg,jamie nolan and ray lally were also playing and i saw jonnie c down by were georgie and mick were at half time.hes a legend.

i think i actually saw liam murphy moving tonight:eek: :eek: :eek:

joe
09/08/2003, 12:35 AM
Cork City: Noel Mooney; Alan Carey, Cillian Lordan, Robbie Milner, Ray Lally; Kevin Murray, Admir Softic (Brian McCarthy 69), Greg O’Halloran; Jamie Nolan, Denis Behan (Ian Fraher 64), Colin P O’Brien.

The Donie Forde
09/08/2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by joe
Cork City: Noel Mooney; Alan Carey, Cillian Lordan, Robbie Milner, Ray Lally; Kevin Murray, Admir Softic (Brian McCarthy 69), Greg O’Halloran; Jamie Nolan, Denis Behan (Ian Fraher 64), Colin P O’Brien.

What, no Packer? Did he not score a couple recently for the U21s, and also in that game at Ballinhassig? Looked like he was just getting into form...
What's the story there, Joe?

Donie

patsh
09/08/2003, 10:44 AM
It was quite a changed team from last Saturday. Does the side normally change as much as this, or was it to accomodate Greg and Alan Carey ?
Softic looked pretty skillful, but why no Micheal Buckley? I thought he was excellent last week.

SSS
09/08/2003, 10:53 AM
The problem te U21's have is that they are also effectively the reserve team so they are used to try out new players or to ease First team players back into action. That's why Greg got a run last night and Carey also needed a run-out. With Mooney in goal, that meant Packer couldn't play as there were already 3 over age players (Packer was in the crowd and Dolan was slagging him over wearing a light blue t-shirt (Dub GAA)).

It is very hard for the U21 to get any rhythm going week to week with so many changes. They seem to have a big enough squad without the first team begin accomodated. Mucka, Warren, Colin P, Behan all play regularly with them and even Daly, Hedderman, Packer and now Greg interfere. It was obvious last night that the Kerry lads play together all the time.

I've seen these guys play this season:
McNulty
Aherne, Milner, Buckley, Lordan, Roddis, Lally
McCarthy, Murray, Softic,
Nolan, Frahr,

And I have yet to see other squad members:
Geaney, Murphy, O'Flynn, Sullivan, Swaine

BTW, did any one else think there was a handball on the wing before Kerry scored the first?

And City played some super stuff midway through the second half, when Nolan and Frahr were up front.

joe
09/08/2003, 11:08 AM
Buckley was suspended.

There are only 3 overage players allowed and with City one of them is always going to be the keeper (Mooney/McNulty) which only leaves 2 outfield players. Obviously Greg is returning from injury and, afaik, so too is Carey, so that's your limit in that regard.

This season the under21s have yet to field anything like a settled side, but that's something that Stuart accepts as part of his job, and there were 5 changes from the team that beat Mervue last week.

fonzi
09/08/2003, 6:43 PM
how nice

ian
10/08/2003, 7:29 AM
That game was a bad game for the lads on the pitch and for the fans that made it. I was at the one last sat and thay looked good but for the game on friday night it was poor.

niamh
10/08/2003, 6:32 PM
Did I read right that Murphy was in charge??

Colm
10/08/2003, 7:21 PM
Originally posted by niamh

Correct.

joe
10/08/2003, 8:39 PM
Originally posted by niamh

Him and Stephen Neiland

patsh
11/08/2003, 8:47 AM
Originally posted by joe
Him and Stephen Neiland
Well Pat Dolan seemed to be putting in more than his tuppence worth ! ;)

Cityace
11/08/2003, 10:12 AM
Did anyone else notice that gunther moved his head slightly in the first half???

joe
11/08/2003, 11:06 AM
btw the under21s next game is on Sunday (3.30pm) in Bishopstown when they entertain Waterford United