PDA

View Full Version : Writers Wanted

dahamsta
08/06/2001, 1:15 PM
Writers can pretty much mean anything: We're going to be looking for match reports and the like obviously, but the main thing we're interested in is features on clubs, Irish soccer in general, history, the business angle, that kind of thing. You don't have to be a whiz-kid writer, because we'll be editing them anyway, and everything will be read and considered.

All published articles will be credited to the writer, and copyright will remain with them; although we will encourage writers to make their articles available under the Open Content Licence (OPL), so they can be published elsewhere (still retaining the credit and copyright of course).

Topical and funny articles will win hands-down every time. At the moment we're just looking for people to commit, but now would also be an ideal time to start writing topical stuff, in preparation for the launch of a /features section in a couple of weeks(?).

Post here or email the usual addresss (phootball@iewebs.com#) please.

adam

Éanna
18/06/2001, 7:17 PM
Might be interested in that. Mail me about what exactly you want and I'll have a think- btw, I don't DO funny!

James
18/06/2001, 7:29 PM
btw, I don't DO funny

i know the lads in the office here are laughing at that one:D :D

Éanna
18/06/2001, 7:31 PM
Well it's true. I don't! I stick to what I'm good at.

dahamsta
18/06/2001, 7:31 PM
I don't want anything "exactly" Éanna, just articles and features. About a club, a player, the league, history, whatever. It doesn't have to be funny either, topical or just plain interesting is fine.

An articles section is third-next on my list, but that shouldn't take as long as it sounds - I'm working on the news aggregation tools at the moment, and as soon as I have that done the skeleton will be there for other features. So I should have the content section online by next week.

adam

Éanna
18/06/2001, 7:43 PM
Ok. I'll start thinking about it, and I'll sort something out when we get back from liepaja- if we get there!
How bout some kind of diary on the latvian trip?! We could collaborate - i.e. someone else can take my article and make it vaguely humourous:D

The Legend
27/06/2001, 12:38 AM
I could write about the adventures of me, my mini-me and my donkey and somehow relate it to soccer....

... ok, no i wont be doing that.