PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Behaviour By The Ref., McKeon, last night...

Peadar
08/08/2003, 11:15 AM
McKeon gave us loads of decisions last night that we'd never expect to get away to a Dublin team.
What the hell was going on?!
Does he not like Shelbourne, the darlings of the FAI?
To his credit he kept his cards in his pocket and the cynical challenges were punished. He left the game flow as much as he could and gave us 50/50's which we didn't deserve.
He left us batter Cahill without giving any free.
Can we have more of this please?
The garden gnome in charge of the line on the Riverside still doesn't understand offside though.
The guy is surely in there to prove that the FAI are an "Equal Opportunity Employer."
Back to the garden pond Gnomeboy, leave football to people who know something about it.

James
08/08/2003, 11:23 AM
yeah noticed that last night during match also
we got almost every decision by the ref in our favour
thought we got away with a foul in the pen area on a shels player at one stage, and many other instances of 50/50 challenges being given in our favour

goes to prove theres a first time for everything

Dodge
08/08/2003, 11:38 AM
mckeon has the ruputation as being a Shels man (especially since he was guest of honour at one of their dinners a couple of weeks after giving a horrendous decision in their favour)

b_mcsweeney
08/08/2003, 12:03 PM
i was gutted we didn't win last night, but i have to say (cause i slag them often enough) that i thought the ref had a decent game last night. sortof lost it for a bit at one point, when a few tackles were flying in from both sides, but overall a good performance.

mind you, i'd be interested to hear some $hels feedback on him, since if i was happy enough, they're probably screaming blue murder. swings and roundabouts, eh?

The Sheliban
08/08/2003, 12:18 PM
Well, to be honest, I didn't expect anything else from McKeon. I think that everybody says he's a Shelbourne ref, so he goes out of his way to prove that he's not.

I also thought he gave Cork a lot of debatable frees last night, and there was a definite tug on Dessie Baker in the penalty area towards the end of the match.

However, Shels haven't been awarded a penno for over a year now, so I hardly expected McKeon to give us one, although to be brutally honest, we didn't deserve to win the bloody game, so perhaps poetic justice was done.

ps I thought the gnome did all right. I was directly across from him, and had to agree with most of his offsides. Grudgingly.:mad:

niamh
08/08/2003, 2:55 PM
Yup. When there was no mention of the ref, it has to be said that he had a good game.
In every game you get decisions which as supporters you don't agree with but sometimes the bias goes beyond belief.

thecorner
09/08/2003, 1:38 AM
just like that l@nger of a ref was a city fan last wek against derry:confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: