PDA

View Full Version : People tend to pop up in the most unexpected places...

Réiteoir
28/05/2008, 7:38 PM
Been minding me own business tonight doing some work on the PC - and had the Bet 365 website open in the background.

Had a few quid to play with so I chucked some of it on the friendly between Norway and Uruguay in Oslo.

Then saw that it was being shown live on the streaming area of the website and damned if I cba watching the Yanks and the English I decided to watch it.

Imagine my shock when about a minute into me watching the game (56th minute) - who should jog into view but Anthony Buttimer - turns out FIFA appointed him to referee the damn thing.

FTR - there is no possibility of kit clashes - sky blue jerseys against red jerseys

Allstar
28/05/2008, 8:52 PM
Absolute disgrace!!! Enough said!!!!!

pete
28/05/2008, 10:05 PM
Close the airport, turn off the lights, if we are all very quiet maybe he will think he has the wrong place.

pixiehead
29/05/2008, 3:56 AM
Close the airport, turn off the lights, if we are all very quiet maybe he will think he has the wrong place.

:D:D:D

ciaraa
29/05/2008, 6:44 AM
fair play to him.
some of the remarks about refs on this forum remind me why I don't take anything anyone says here seriously.

joey4ireland - you're a class act man.

Réiteoir
29/05/2008, 8:06 AM
tbh - he had a bloody good game from what i was watching - one bloke from the Uruguayans tried to argue the toss over a free-kick - but was soon put in his place :D

Réiteoir
29/05/2008, 8:06 AM
oh - and what ciaraa said

dfx-
29/05/2008, 12:01 PM
FTR - there is no possibility of kit clashes - sky blue jerseys against red jerseys

You'd think wouldn't you?

It's Buttimer/McKeon/Hancock/Kelly/Connolly (delete applicable). Anything can and generally does happen.

rambler14
29/05/2008, 3:05 PM
Like it or not lads he's probably the best referee in the league. He's certainly better than some of the fools that referee week in week out. Not mentioning any names but Derek Tomney(the worst referee in the league)

Seagull-4-life
29/05/2008, 5:18 PM
fair play to him.
some of the remarks about refs on this forum remind me why I don't take anything anyone says here seriously.

joey4ireland - you're a class act man.

:) agree with ya there mate.

Gas story though

gilberto_eire
29/05/2008, 10:02 PM
Been minding me own business tonight doing some work on the PC - and had the Bet 365 website open in the background.

Had a few quid to play with so I chucked some of it on the friendly between Norway and Uruguay in Oslo.

Then saw that it was being shown live on the streaming area of the website and damned if I cba watching the Yanks and the English I decided to watch it.

Imagine my shock when about a minute into me watching the game (56th minute) - who should jog into view but Anthony Buttimer - turns out FIFA appointed him to referee the damn thing.

I don't think that too surprising, a referee officiating a match?

I taught you were going to say you saw Tom in the crowd or something!! :D

ramsfan
30/05/2008, 9:09 PM
Like it or not lads he's probably the best referee in the league. He's certainly better than some of the fools that referee week in week out. Not mentioning any names but Derek Tomney(the worst referee in the league)

have to agree rambler 14 , best of a bad lot

ramsfan
30/05/2008, 9:10 PM
I don't think that too surprising, a referee officiating a match?

I taught you were going to say you saw Tom in the crowd or something!! :D

where has tom gone, is tomwatch still going

rambler14
30/05/2008, 9:35 PM
have to agree rambler 14 , best of a bad lot

I feel sick. I've never been praised for so many posts here ever. I think thats about 5 in 2 days.:eek::eek::D