PDA

View Full Version : Drogs on Saturday

Pages : [1] 2

Cosmo
28/05/2008, 5:15 PM
Well what's the feeling for this one?

When ye played up here earlier in the season, I thought you were one of the worst sides we've played in a long time.

Maybe an off day as I saw ye against dundalk last year in boriel (when some of your supporters started singing a few drogs songs :D) and I didnt think you were THAT bad?

Were playing pretty s*** at the moment, so were hoping to get back on track saturday.

Havent been to cobh since our play off match with ye a few years ago but never went to any boozers when there. Anyone recommend a couple of decent boozers for during the day (or even a pub crawl route as we'll be there from 10.30 am :))

Any decent boozers/late bars for after the match?

From what I remember theres no boozers near the ground? (bar the club bar) so I presume its a taxi job from town?

bellavistaman
28/05/2008, 5:39 PM
Stay in the pub after always good banter for the first hour, move on down then. The hill, Jack Doyles good spot, as is the Quarry ****, down town Ryans or Kellys top spots, then hit the com.

ramsfan
28/05/2008, 5:41 PM
then mimmos for chips and a fight in the square, altogether a great night out

luka
28/05/2008, 6:00 PM
2-0 Ramblers and yu never know,. there might be 'HOT' tickets on sale that night

ramsfan
28/05/2008, 6:19 PM
what can you mean :o

rambler14
28/05/2008, 8:57 PM
Hugo Whoriskey is referee.

luka
29/05/2008, 6:57 AM
Hugo Whoriskey is referee.

Thank God I asked him how to correctly pronounce him name last time he was down.

what can you mean

I'm not sure what I mean really, but you know what I mean ;)

The Rebel Ram
29/05/2008, 9:48 AM
For a late bar, if you are a bit to old to be bopping it in the disco go to the front bar of the com, usually some guy with a guitar and service well into the night. a great place to avoid all the hassle of getting a taxi. hang on in there till about 3.30 and all is quiet outside.

The Rebel Ram
29/05/2008, 9:49 AM
Forgot to give my prediction

1-1, Would be happy with that before the game. I think we have a good chance of a point, depends on injuries and suspensions. Hope Davin stays up front.

bellavistaman
29/05/2008, 5:38 PM
there might be 'HOT' tickets on sale that night

too early id say

don ramo
30/05/2008, 9:25 PM
well if we can beats drogs by three goals were out of the relegation zone on GD, cant wait mccarthy back so should be sorted, should leave cummins and davin up front,

ramsfan
30/05/2008, 9:26 PM
working tomoro night what a disaster:(:(

don ramo
30/05/2008, 9:27 PM
well there is about of flu goin around;)

ramsfan
30/05/2008, 9:28 PM
cough cough, feel a cold comin on alright:p

Sam_Heggy
31/05/2008, 8:38 PM
Not good, the break couldn't come early enough for both of us by the looks of things :o

ramsfan
31/05/2008, 9:08 PM
made it to game what a disgrace we were apalling, reality is lads first div players playing in premier league, gutted

don ramo
31/05/2008, 9:31 PM
4 nil, what a joke, the ref was bad, but we were worse, the ref broke our nose, but we shot ourselves in the foot,

lads if we see anymore performances like that forget about the prem, it was shockin, from the moment the ball was kicked we were shapeless no organisation, davin was like a lost dog all night cummins didnt do anything, he chased balls all night but the second he lost a ball he just ran away and sulked, the midfield was non exisitent, and hendo substitutions made no sense whatsoever why was mucky taken off, why, Wtf was cummins (who was playin bad) replaced with dub who isnt even proven and has absouletly no presence on a pitch, and he puts him up front by himself:confused:,

logic is out the door,

shockin

D.U.F.C Daire
31/05/2008, 9:32 PM
Do you guys know if it was Ollie or Ibrahima who got the second?

don ramo
31/05/2008, 9:37 PM
Do you guys know if it was Ollie or Ibrahima who got the second?

ibrahima, zayed crossed in from the right, our defense was asleep he got a nice tap in

luka
01/06/2008, 9:28 AM
Cahill, Ibrihima, Zayed, Zayed

Sam_Heggy
01/06/2008, 10:20 AM
Absolutely crap!.....................again.

There was no shape, there was no sense, there was no creativity. It was without a doubt our worse display of the season so far.

The referee was an absolute disgrace and so one sided it wasn't funny.
Ramblers got 6 yellows and a red. Drogheda on the other hand got none!!!!! One yellow was for a foul by John Meade the rest were all for dissent. He was so one sided that when Graham Cummins goal was disallowed for offside even though the ball was played backwards!!! There was a cheer and when the crowd saw the offside flag they burst into laughter which echoed around the ground. I wouldn't bother watching MNS because we won't be on it instead the game will be on Crimeline because we were robbed:mad:

I thought Brian McCarthy had a very poor game. He was the one who gave away the ball for the 1st goal and he then got caught ball watching for the 2nd and 4th goal.
The third goal should have been disallowed for offside and not only that Brian McCarthy was on the ground with a head injury which is why Murray got sent off for stating the obvious.

To be honest we deserve to lose for letting Ibrahima score who is without a doubt one of the worst and dirtiest player in the league. He jumps with his elbows and has a kick at the player when the ball is gone.

We have too many first division players and a clearence is needed. I never thought i'd say this but Davin isn't up to it and there are 3 or 4 others who played last night that wouldn't make any other premier division team.

We need to improve and we need to improve now otherwise we could be a cup shock Friday night against Sporting Fingal.

You should have gone to work ramsfan! I think we all should have made other plans last night.:D

Must have been hard to come up with 2 different posts for 2 different threads :o

rambler14
01/06/2008, 10:21 AM
Must have been hard to come up with 2 different posts for 2 different threads :o

I didn't notice the match thread.:D.............but I altered it a little.:D

ramsfan
01/06/2008, 7:00 PM
Absolutely crap!.....................again.

There was no shape, there was no sense, there was no creativity. It was without a doubt our worse display of the season so far.

The referee was an absolute disgrace and so one sided it wasn't funny.
Ramblers got 6 yellows and a red. Drogheda on the other hand got none!!!!! One yellow was for a foul by John Meade the rest were all for dissent. He was so one sided that when Graham Cummins goal was disallowed for offside even though the ball was played backwards!!! There was a cheer and when the crowd saw the offside flag they burst into laughter which echoed around the ground. I wouldn't bother watching MNS because we won't be on it instead the game will be on Crimeline because we were robbed:mad:

I thought Brian McCarthy had a very poor game. He was the one who gave away the ball for the 1st goal and he then got caught ball watching for the 2nd and 4th goal.
The third goal should have been disallowed for offside and not only that Brian McCarthy was on the ground with a head injury which is why Murray got sent off for stating the obvious.

To be honest we deserve to lose for letting Ibrahima score who is without a doubt one of the worst and dirtiest player in the league. He jumps with his elbows and has a kick at the player when the ball is gone.

We have too many first division players and a clearence is needed. I never thought i'd say this but Davin isn't up to it and there are 3 or 4 others who played last night that wouldn't make any other premier division team.

We need to improve and we need to improve now otherwise we could be a cup shock Friday night against Sporting Fingal.

You should have gone to work ramsfan! I think we all should have made other plans last night.:D

davin should be playing up front to be fair, have a poor season but should be given a chance upfront to correct it

don ramo
01/06/2008, 11:14 PM
i would love to know what exactly hendo was demanding of cummins up front by himslef all night, accasionally davin may have be wthin 10 yards of him but not much, i dont undertand why the defence falls apart without gutsie, i mean gutsie is good but murray, carey and meade are also good, b mccarthy wasnt to bad, but hes a bit behind the pace, when rams were attacking the only person moving forward was davin, and he was playing siht, the others just seemed to lean back, at one stage davin and cummins were attacking the next nearest player was on the halfway line and the defence was holding a line on teh edge of our box,

tactics need abit of improvement, we have a good defence why did it fall apart, why were they defending so deep why didnt the midfield move forward when we had the ball on the edge of the area,

i cant see us staying in the cup lads, i hope fingal are a very bad side,

DRDoc
02/06/2008, 12:05 AM
from extratime.ie

Drogheda United moved up to fourth in the table thanks to this four nil win over Cobh Ramblers. Two second half goals from Eamon Zayed put the result beyond doubt. Ollie Cahill and Ibrahima Iyane Thiam had given the visitors a two nil half time lead. Ramblers were reduced to ten men immediately after Zayeds first goal.

James McCarthy returned between the posts for Cobh but centre back Shane Guthrie was still missing with an ankle injury. Sami Ristilla made his first league appearance of the season. Zayed lined up in an advanced right hand side of midfield position in a 4-5-1 formation.

Drogheda got off to the perfect start. Ristilla had a shot from the right hand side of the box blocked by John Meade. The ball came to Cahill a couple of yards outside the box and he curled a shot into the bottom corner of the net.

Cobh were close to equalising a few minutes later. Right back Alan Carey won possession for Cobh on the half way line and found Davin ONeill with a delicate infield ball. ONeill ran at goal but his powerfully struck shot swerved off target at the last second - perhaps skimming the upright.

Brian McCarthy cut out a Drogheda attack and pinged the ball to Michael Mulcorny on the right wing. Mulcorny swung in a deep cross that Ewings spilled - however luckily for the Scottish keeper there was no Cobh player in close enough attendance to benefit from the error.

It was then James McCarthys turn to embarrass himself. He flapped at an out swinging free kick and Iyane Thiam was caught unprepared at the back post - with the ball hitting him and going wide, as opposed to him striking the ball.

Meade was perhaps lucky to escape with just a yellow card, when after twenty minutes, he caught Zayed outside the box after a quick Drogheda counter attack. Joe Kendrick was off target with the resulting free kick.

Midway through the half Drogheda extended their lead. Ristilla released Zayed on the right wing with a perfectly weighted ball and Iyane Thiam was on hand at the far post to guide Zayeds cross into the net.

Referee Whoriskey booked Mulcorny for what the officials like to refer to as simulation - however it looked as if the midfielder had actually been brought to the ground by a late challenge.

Cobh then hit the crossbar on the half hour mark. Graham Cummins directed a header goalwards and Ewings did well to get a hand to it - pushing it on to the woodwork.

Stuart Byrne had a sight of goal when he got on the end of a neat one two - but McCarthy saved well with his feet. Byrne was then involved at the other end when the ball appeared to strike his hand. On another occasion Cobh would have been awarded a penalty.

Minutes later Cobh had another penalty shout. ONeill somehow wrangled himself out of the corner. He advanced at goal, along the byline, and when he touched the ball past the covering Drogheda defender, there was little doubt that he was tripped - however once again Meath official Whoriskey was not interested.

Cobh continued to press and delivered numerous crosses into the Drogheda box - however the visitors defence stood firm and dealt well with what was thrown at them. On one of the few occasions were they were found wanting, centre back Kevin Murray wasn't able to get his header on target.

Cobh started the second half looking to be a little bit more adventurous. The 4-5-1 formation now looked a lot more like 4-3-3 and they were much quicker in closing down the opposition. The back four pushed up an extra ten yards as they attempting to squeeze whenever possible.

Striker Cummins had an excellent chance to get his side back into the game, two minutes after the restart. Alan Kearney, introduced before the break for Shane Barrett, got forward from midfield and picked out Cummins with his cross from the left. Cummins let the ball roll across his body before trying to side foot it into the far corner of the net - however he opened his body out too much and the ball ended up well wide of the far post.

Drogheda then made it three nil in controversial circumstances. Cobh centre back McCarthy challenged for a high ball circa thirty yards from goal. He may have won the ball but in doing so he got clattered on the head and fell to the ground immediately.

Drogheda picked up possession and had no problem playing on. Referee Whorisky, only a few yards away from McCarthy, chose to ignore the clear and obvious head injury and allowed play to continue. Roughly ten to twelve seconds passed before Zayed had the ball in the net. Whorisky spent that time taking glances at both the play and McCarthy, but for some reason didn't stop the game and allow immediate attention be given to the centre back - even though officials are given clear instructions to do so.

Zayed found space where McCarthy would have been and showed good composure in finishing neatly from twelve yards. Murray was then issued with a straight red card for remonstrating with the man with the whistle.

With the game over as a contest, Drogheda made it four nil after fifty seven minutes. Ristilla was again involved, he picked out Zayed and the twenty four year old striker again finished well from inside the box.

Cobh Ramblers - J McCarthy, Carey, B McCarthy, Murray, J Meade, Cambridge, J Kearney, Barrett (A Kearney 37), Mulcorny (Cahill 53), O'Neill, Cummins (C Meade 75). Subs not used - Long, Deady

Drogheda United - Ewings, Shelley (Maher 53), Gavin, Gartland, Kendrick, Zayed, Byrne, Ristilla (Tambouras 75), Hughes, Cahill, Iyane Thiam (Bates 67). Subs not used - Vilmunen, Baker

don ramo
02/06/2008, 1:32 AM
ya cause i really wanted to read that:rolleyes::(

ramsfan
02/06/2008, 1:34 AM
i would love to know what exactly hendo was demanding of cummins up front by himslef all night, accasionally davin may have be wthin 10 yards of him but not much, i dont undertand why the defence falls apart without gutsie, i mean gutsie is good but murray, carey and meade are also good, b mccarthy wasnt to bad, but hes a bit behind the pace, when rams were attacking the only person moving forward was davin, and he was playing siht, the others just seemed to lean back, at one stage davin and cummins were attacking the next nearest player was on the halfway line and the defence was holding a line on teh edge of our box,

tactics need abit of improvement, we have a good defence why did it fall apart, why were they defending so deep why didnt the midfield move forward when we had the ball on the edge of the area,

i cant see us staying in the cup lads, i hope fingal are a very bad side,

main reason for lack of shape is the lack of confidence from players, young inexperienced players are finding it hard in real world of prem football and people getting on there backs consistently at home games is destroying it even more

don ramo
02/06/2008, 1:57 AM
yes but explain the tactics, that is hendos job, to tell them what to do, what they train to do, 8 men defending while the team is attacking makes no sense,

yes there young but they are not lacking experience, that teams knows how to play together, they won a league last year, i accept we wont be challenging for the league this year, but the lads are better than that, and i belive they know this, now this is the low point so far, this is the mark that doesnt get passed, now its there job to make sure that this doesnt happen,

i accept that 20-30 mins in the fans started to get on there back, but they were bad from kick-off, sad i know, but this is what you have to deal with most fans support them but not together, the top of the stand is the most vocal section and there not that loud, question is how to make them louder, and how to get the rest of the ground supporting the team, vocally,

rammie
02/06/2008, 10:27 AM
Stepho says he has faith and believes in his squad of players and I believe him however I think his belief is being rocked a little..... 4-5-1 at home is negative... ok we were playing the champions and maybe a point was the aim however I think playing like that destroys the morale of the fans and the players..... as an away formation 4-5-1 is fine.
Anyway lads it's done and dusted... the squad will now have to lean on each other, get that team spirit back and Keep Believing... I have no doubt that we can stay up so for the next game here's our little song (to the tune of Agadoo)

Henderson-son-son
he's better than Ferguson
Henderson-son -son
Our supreme - tactician
He's got heart- he's got style
got survival on his mind
He's a Dub, that's tough luck
but he'll keep the Ramblers up
:D

ramsfan
02/06/2008, 3:42 PM
excellent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu-UkTv8tVk

Cici900
03/06/2008, 3:29 PM
excellent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu-UkTv8tVk

BRILLIANT!!!

big fan
03/06/2008, 4:06 PM
Reading the mails over the past couple of days and feel that we should not focus on performances against the big boys , as its the teams around us i.e Galway, Harps, UCd and maybe Shams that we need to outperform

On the playing front we deserved more than we have got in the past 6 games with the exception of last saturdays games against droghdea, just one of those nights, so lets not get negative with the boys as they need our support.

I think cummins doing great at moment as is murray at back and also have been impressed with Brian McCarthy since he has joined us. Thought he ws exceptional on saturday last all throughout and a good loan signing by Hendo, hope we keep him all year- what about his ping to mucky, not many could do that from centre half.

Meade fault for first two goals but not helped by midfielders for second who did not close down passer, third goal definite foul and should have been free out for us and last goal was scored when game up.

so keep it positive, we have city next and then we have games where we need to get some points staring with sligo

rambler14
03/06/2008, 5:39 PM
so keep it positive, we have city next and then we have games where we need to get some points staring with sligo

No we have Fingal next and then we have a two week break where there should be non-stop fundraising done by the club.

bellavistaman
04/06/2008, 12:09 AM
where there should be non-stop fundraising done by the club.

Like what??

Redshanks
04/06/2008, 8:35 AM
For a semi-professional club such as ours, fundraising should be a permanant activity whether games are going on or not. I agree with past few posts -keep it positive because there is much to be positive about!

rambler14
04/06/2008, 12:37 PM
Like what??

I don't know. I'm not on the fundraising commitee.
You have strong links to the fundraising commitee bella so why don't ya go make a phone call and find out if there is anything planned???

All I do know is that the fundraising has to start soon because there has been none done so far this season and the two week break would be the ideal time to start!

depor
04/06/2008, 1:55 PM
yer right, its easy to get negative but we are still ok. when talking about a team who take their chances and punish the opposition, theres noone better than drogheda united. they have scored 7 against us, more than any other team by a mile. they will be in the hunt at the end of the season, their huge squad with quality throughout will ensure that. the other teams we played like pats, derry and bohs have only beat us by the odd goal.

bellavistaman
04/06/2008, 5:19 PM
theres alot of stuff in the offering, theres a package lunch for the sunderland game, a souvenior programme, a ticket all in one, theres a golf classic coming up hopefully, and there is a funrun again soon.

Rambler1
04/06/2008, 9:29 PM
the top of the stand is the most vocal section and there not that loud, question is how to make them louder, and how to get the rest of the ground supporting the team, vocally,Close the end in from top of stand to bottom.Shouldnt cost too much I would say.

Redshanks
05/06/2008, 9:28 AM
Get Luka to set it up that that whole section is amplified, get rid of the match announcer with the funny Atlantic accent, and leave the fans do the announcing. It could only get better! -lol

rambler14
05/06/2008, 9:42 AM
Close the end in from top of stand to bottom.Shouldnt cost too much I would say.

You can't do that.

luka
05/06/2008, 9:47 AM
Get Luka to set it up that that whole section is amplified, get rid of the match announcer with the funny Atlantic accent, and leave the fans do the announcing. It could only get better! -lol

Can't please everyone eh :rolleyes:

ramsfan
05/06/2008, 11:13 AM
get a roaming mic is the answer then you can talk to people around ground

rambler14
05/06/2008, 11:55 AM

The mic they are using at the moment is a roaming mic. It's just never been outside the cabin.

ramsfan
05/06/2008, 12:00 PM
some day soon it will apear from behind net curtains of cabin, i say bring back darragh mcgann would be class with a roaming mic

luka
05/06/2008, 12:01 PM
The mic they are using at the moment is a roaming mic. It's just never been outside the cabin.

I'm obviously missing something here. Yes. The mic is roaming, and correct, it's never been outside of the Cabin. I mean what is it you want exactly?

luka
05/06/2008, 12:03 PM

Talk to people exactly when? You are not permitted to take whilst play is going on ya know. At half time there is too much going on and too many announcements to be made to be away from the Cabin.

ramsfan
05/06/2008, 12:17 PM
Talk to people exactly when? You are not permitted to take whilst play is going on ya know. At half time there is too much going on and too many announcements to be made to be away from the Cabin.

a lot of eircom league clubs do announcements from pitch, they right down announcements to be made and read them out, you can talk to fans and you also get more of an atmosphere when you can see the person speaking imagine if you walked in front of the madhouse and gave them a mention the response would help to lift ground

luka
05/06/2008, 12:34 PM
a lot of eircom league clubs do announcements from pitch, they right down announcements to be made and read them out, you can talk to fans and you also get more of an atmosphere when you can see the person speaking imagine if you walked in front of the madhouse and gave them a mention the response would help to lift ground

An who'd take care of the other things like music for the entertainment etc etc. It's all well and easy to suggest these things and they have been thought about all ready but believe me it isn't as easy as people think. Tis bad enough trying to get someone to stay by the benches to pass on goal scorers and subs information. Those who've seen what goes on in the cabin at half-time re announcements etc know what I mean. When I tested the mic out on the field at the start of the season there was tremendous feedback no matter where you stood. From what I'm told anyway, this year, the announcing and MC in general is a big improvement on what it used to be in past days.

ramsfan
05/06/2008, 1:13 PM
defo an improvement on last year , but just making suggestions on future improvements thats all