PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for Cup Match v. Cork City

redron
28/05/2008, 4:35 PM
Tickets for the Cup match against Cork City are available in the Super Blues Store, Davis Street.

From this week on (Waterford match), tickets for all Limerick 37's home matches will be available to buy in the Super Blues Store and from Ticketmaster (all outlets as well as online).

Denis The Red
28/05/2008, 6:07 PM
Is there no more paying at the gates?

see's it
28/05/2008, 7:48 PM

hopefully not anytime theres a big crowd its a disaster,set up is all wrong

redron
28/05/2008, 10:04 PM

There will be for League matches for the foreseeable future.

But the Cup match is all ticket, and apparently there will be no ticket office at the ground on the night.
Hopefully you'll be able to buy your tickets for the Cup match in Jackman Park this friday at the Waterford match.

redron
29/05/2008, 5:40 PM
There is a limit on the number of concession tickets available for the Cup match.
They will be available to buy in the Super Blues Store until wednesday.

Note the concession prices:

Student/OAP €8
Adult & Child €15
Child (U16) €5
Also, for the Cup match there is no free admission for U12s in the company of an adult.

Voice of Reason
30/05/2008, 8:41 AM
No ticket office on the night?!!

Another excuse not to go!

jebus
30/05/2008, 8:43 AM
Thats not very reasonable is it

razor
30/05/2008, 9:01 AM
Our tickets for the Cup game are only 12 yoyos (http://corkcityfc.ie/main.php?action=newsLink&headlineID=321).
Is it a different part of the ground or something?

harpin
30/05/2008, 9:04 AM
There is a limit on the number of concession tickets available for the Cup match.
They will be available to buy in the Super Blues Store until wednesday.

Note the concession prices:

Student/OAP €8
Adult & Child €15
Child (U16) €5
Also, for the Cup match there is no free admission for U12s in the company of an adult.

Way to go and alienate more supporters

joeSoap
30/05/2008, 9:39 AM
But the Cup match is all ticket, and apparently there will be no ticket office at the ground on the night.
Hopefully you'll be able to buy your tickets for the Cup match in Jackman Park this friday at the Waterford match.Hardly the cleverest move. What about neutrals who might decide last minute if the weather is fine that they want to see a Premier side play Limerick? What about others who might not be able to buy their tickets until Friday night because they don't get paid until a Friday evening? What about people travelling from Cork who weren't able to buy through Cork City? Its not as if theres going to be 10,000 people there. One ticket sales outlet would be enough, and is essential I believe.

jebus
30/05/2008, 9:46 AM
So let me get this straight. I won't be back in Limerick til literally moments before the game (train should get in about 30-40 mins before game) so will I be able to buy a ticket and get in or not?

joeSoap
30/05/2008, 10:05 AM
there will be no ticket office at the ground on the night.
Apparently not...:confused:

Jofspring
30/05/2008, 10:07 AM
So let me get this straight. I won't be back in Limerick til literally moments before the game (train should get in about 30-40 mins before game) so will I be able to buy a ticket and get in or not?

as it stands no, unless you get your ticket off ticketmaster. it did say in a txt yesterday to get your tickets for what could be an all ticket match, so i take from that that they haven't decided whether to keep it to just tickets or for people to be able to buy at the gate on the night aswell.

jebus
30/05/2008, 10:20 AM
Bad move on the clubs part. I tend to avoid ticketmaster and their ridiculously high service charges at all costs (tickets.ie is much, much better if they have tickets for the gig you wnat by the way, only €1 charge per transaction, not the €2.50 euro charge per ticket at ticketmaster), so I probably won't bother buying off them. I can just get one of the lads to buy me one in the club shop and give him the money at the ground, but there may be a lot of people who don't have that option, or know it's needed

harpin
30/05/2008, 10:35 AM
so i take from that that they haven't decided whether to keep it to just tickets or for people to be able to buy at the gate on the night aswell.

Confusion will ensue, what else was to be expected

JohnD
30/05/2008, 11:15 AM
Hi There:

I work on the gate on match nights and think there should be a facility of selling tickets on the night. I know you need to balance this with not having queues of people a mile long down carey's Road so Pre match ticket selling is a must.

The main problem we have with queues is people not coming to the match early enough. Everybody seems to arrive at 7.20pm and if People came a bit earlier the queues would dramtically drop. It's a good complaint though !!!

The level of crowd at the Cork game will mean that queues would be unmanagable if no Tickets were pre sold. So I think everyone who can should buy their ticket beforehand and let some facility exist on the night (in a different location than usual) to sell tickets. Revenue should not be turned down at any time.

All the best
John

joeSoap
30/05/2008, 12:19 PM
The level of crowd at the Cork game will mean that queues would be unmanagable if no Tickets were pre sold. So I think everyone who can should buy their ticket beforehand and let some facility exist on the night (in a different location than usual) to sell tickets. Revenue should not be turned down at any time.

All the best
John

I agree with you totally John. Set up a kiosk at the station, or somewhere nearby, but at least have a facility for people who can't pre-purchase for one reason or another.

the ox
30/05/2008, 1:20 PM
I totally agree. I'm flying over to watch the match and won't be able to get tickets from Limerick beforehand. But why the hell should I pay a booking fee to Ticketmaster, when the ground won't be full?!

jebus
30/05/2008, 1:22 PM
I totally agree. I'm flying over to watch the match and won't be able to get tickets from Limerick beforehand. But why the hell should I pay a booking fee to Ticketmaster, when the ground won't be full?!

Worst comes to worst Ox we'll grab a few cans and watch it from the CIE wall :D

the ox
30/05/2008, 1:51 PM
Worst comes to worst Ox we'll grab a few cans and watch it from the CIE wall :D

How much will that cost on ticketmaster?

Monkfish
31/05/2008, 11:49 PM
I work on the gate on match nights and think there should be a facility of selling tickets on the night.

So there!
Ticket on sale for the last week on Ticketmaster, in the clubshop and at the game last night. If you, our someone you know cant get you one through these outlets then give Toutfish a ring the day of the game and he'll sort you out.
The Cork lads on banning orders need not apply, we know who you are!

fc hammer
01/06/2008, 12:07 AM
So there!
Ticket on sale for the last week on Ticketmaster, in the clubshop and at the game last night. If you, our someone you know cant get you one through these outlets then give Toutfish a ring the day of the game and he'll sort you out.
The Cork lads on banning orders need not apply, we know who you are!

Don't worry about the cork lad's we'll be there on friday !

redron
01/06/2008, 4:29 PM
I'm glad there's a few people getting worked up about this, because the situation is far from ideal.

First up, the capacity in Jackman Park is 2500.
Cork have already been allocated 600 tickets (apparently, they had initially asked for a thousand, but only given 600). I don't know how their sales have been going, but I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for a couple of hundred more.

The setup in Jackman Park for the ticket office and turnstiles is very bad (as far as I know, this was highlighted in the Licensing process).
I don't know who designed it, but the passage up to the ticket office and turnstiles is far too narrow to accomodate people moving smoothly in both directions. And even though there are two people working there, it's quite difficult to deal with two people at the same time at the ticket hatch. Really, the ticket office should be nowhere near the turnstiles.
So, the queue gets choked at the ticket hatch. And effectively there are only two turnstiles (one for people who pay at the ticket office, and one for season ticket holders, complimentaries, press, etc). The other two are generally redundant.
This is exaggerated by most people arriving at more-or-less the same time, quite close to kick-off. Thankfully, those who have had to queue and sometimes miss the first couple of minutes of the match have shown great patience and understanding, and there has been no trouble. But I can imagine that if we were getting 1500 at matches regularly, it would be really disastrous, and tempers would fray.

The problems at Jackman Park are not really the fault of Limerick 37*. As owners of the ground, the LDMC is ultimately responsible for the facilities there.

The club does not have enough volunteers to cope with a big crowd. Stewards, ticket sellers, programme sellers, shop workers, etc: they are all volunteers. Not only do they not get paid for the few hours work they put in at every match, they don't even get to watch the game!
There are only just enough stewards to deal with the crowds we have been having this year, and would find it difficult to deal with anything over 1000 (even with the few lads from Advance Security who have been there at recent matches).

I presume the reason for pushing people to buy their tickets in advance is to minimise the costs to the club.
For example, if the club hired extra security on the basis of a projected sellout crowd but only 1200 showed up, the cost of those security guards to cover the 1300 who didn't show up would make a big dent in the club's share of the income for the night.

If the match was on in Turner's Cross, ticket prices would be as follows:

Adult €15
Under 18 €8
O.A.P €8
Under 12 €5
Under 5 Free (when accompanied with adult, a ticket for the child must be obtained prior to the match)

Because this is a Cup match, the gate is shared with the opposition, and all arrangements for admission have to be agreed between the two teams. Therefore, the club cannot give out loads of complimentaries unless Cork City agreee to it. Presumably, since U12s are charged €5 to get into Turner's Cross, they would have been reluctant to see this potential income disappear. And I presume this is why OAPs have to pay €8 rather than the €5 they are usually charged. So if the club did want to give out other complimentary tickets they would in effect have to pay for them (or at least pay Cork the share of those tickets that would normally have gone to them).

Admission prices for Limerick 37 matches are actually very competitive. Those supporters who travel to away matches will have noticed that many of the other clubs in our division also charge the same prices as Cork City.

And getting back to the ticketing situation.
Presumably, unless the match is sold out in advance, there will be some mechanism for buying tickets on the night (the club can hardly afford to turn down potential income). That might mean keeping the shop open as a ticket office, or hiring a garden shed or something like that and plonking it somewhere reasonably close to the ground. Whatever arrangements are made, they would have to be approved by Cork City and the Gardai.

*Obviously, as the biggest tenants Limerick 37 could have quite an influence on improvements to the ground. And when that ticket office and turnstiles were going to be put in, someone should have realised that the design was wrong (as soon as I saw it I knew it would be problematic). And I realise that the club at the time had a major say in this.

redron
05/06/2008, 11:08 PM
Just to let you all know, tickets for the Cup match v. Cork City will be on sale from the Super Blues Store on Davis Street on friday. The shop will remain open to sell tickets until at least 8:00pm.
There will be NO ENTRY to the ground without a ticket. There will be NO tickets on sale at the ground.

So let everyone know what the story is, and get them to drop by the Super Blues Store on their way to the ground in order to avoid any embarrassment or disappointment.
Hopefully everything will work out...

micls
06/06/2008, 10:39 AM
Theres no way we'l be bring 600. Id say 300 max