PDA

View Full Version : Bohs 30.05.08 K-O 7.15pm

dublinred
28/05/2008, 1:05 PM
Big game on friday , if we can start like we finished in Drogheda we should get something.

deecay
28/05/2008, 2:21 PM
It says on thebohs forum that people should leave earlier because the Celine Dion concert is on

Rovers fan
28/05/2008, 7:01 PM
A point would be great,hope we can do it!

Red4Eva
30/05/2008, 12:35 AM
clunk, cripple, o'donnell and powell are out for bohs. bohs are unbeaten in 11 so i think we gotta put a stop to that. 8-0 rovers

deecay
30/05/2008, 1:02 AM
Nutsy said they have 15 fit,with Powell out we need to use the right wing all night

deecay
30/05/2008, 11:11 AM
Cook has a great piece in the indo today,I love that man

sligofan4ever
30/05/2008, 3:56 PM
whats your tram for this one it will be tough and Paul Cook will have to put out his strongest team while they dont have Danny Ventre (suspension) and Rommy Boco (World Cup duty) I reckon its something like this and does anyone know if Almeidas fit ? and see Anto as a definite centre midfeilder again.

Brush
Coleman Peers Almeida (if fit) Butler
Raff O' Grady Anto Cash
Judge Faz

SUBS:
Jennings
McKenzie
Feeney
Moore
Doherty

sligo23
30/05/2008, 4:00 PM
whats your tram for this one

mine would have to be the Luas;)

sligofan4ever
30/05/2008, 4:05 PM
mine would have to be the Luas;)

its amazing how a joke can be made by one keyboard error lol so seriously lads whats your TEAM for this one.

Boo_Boy
30/05/2008, 4:17 PM
You can listen to the match here (http://www.rte.ie/radio/liveplayer_av.html?1,null,200,http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/live/radio/radio1.smil).

For some reason the Galway v Pats game is the feature game:confused:

But there will be updates all night, all you have to do is hit that link and you will see the Radio 1 Extra stream listed, just hit that at 7pm & it will start playing!

sligo23
30/05/2008, 4:27 PM
its amazing how a joke can be made by one keyboard error lol so seriously lads whats your TEAM for this one.

sorry i couldn't resist:p

My Team:
...............Brush................
Coleman Peers Almeida Butler
Cash O' Grady Ventre Rafa
...............Anto................
...............Faz.................

unlikely but id like to see it.

Rory H
30/05/2008, 8:57 PM
Unlucky tonight, I liken our display to that of Bray's in the Showgies. We'll have to react faster than they did.

Match Report

http://www.sligorovers.com/content/view/559/1/

redtildead
30/05/2008, 9:25 PM
What time did the players arrive at the ground at?

A huge traffic jam delayed the arrival of the team and supporters to Dalymount Park and with no chance of changing the kick off time Rovers were up against it from before the first whistle.

deecay
30/05/2008, 11:59 PM
Team got there at 6.45

Bus was late,the faster you could run the earlier you got to the match:(

I hate bus companies,bus drivers and Dublin

Red4Eva
31/05/2008, 12:41 AM
I hate bus companies,bus drivers and Dublin

i hate celine dion

deecay
31/05/2008, 12:44 AM
I hate running through Dublin with a bag and a telescopic pole

harry crumb
31/05/2008, 3:21 AM
Listening on Radio 1.

Jim McLouchlin and Adrian Eames were full of praise for the good football Sligo played and that you deserved a point.

I agree as well. Ever since sligo have were promoted under Sean Conner that have been along with Cork the best team to watch in the league.

Only1Rovers
31/05/2008, 9:30 AM
Listening on Radio 1.

Ever since sligo have were promoted under Sean Conner that have been along with Cork the best team to watch in the league.

Don't know if that is necessarily true, don't remember us playing 'sexy football' under Connor. Midfield tended to be by-passed much of the time.

However, with the Cookie monster we are playing some very attractive stuff.

We need a strong central mid-fielder and a burly striker to hold things up up-front.

We'd be away on a hack then....

forza rovers
31/05/2008, 9:30 AM
What time did the players arrive at the ground at?ya around 6.45 i was their before the team and they weren't out till 6.55 at that stage bohs were finished their warm up,but cook was saying they left the hotel at 5 o'clock.

Only1Rovers
31/05/2008, 9:32 AM
ya around 6.45 i was their before the team and they weren't out till 6.55 at that stage bohs were finished their warm up,but cook was saying they left the hotel at 5 o'clock.

It took us over two hours to get from Chapelizod to Dalyer!!!!!!!!!!

forza rovers
31/05/2008, 9:46 AM
It took us over two hours to get from Chapelizod to Dalyer!!!!!!!!!!
trafficwas bad in Dublin from 2 o'clock

DocRovers
31/05/2008, 10:00 AM
Thought we played well & probably could have got a draw. Soft first goal, nobody closed Fenn down & did'nt think it that great a strike to beat the keeper from that distance. We over elabourated second half. Our central midfield was outplayed & Conor struggled all night. Good games again from Seamie, Chris & thought Cashy is really coming in to form. Season hangs on next week & so does that of Shams!

clubman
31/05/2008, 12:25 PM
No way was it a three-nil game - the words of an elderly Bohs supporters as we left the ground. What can we say other then if we don't score goals we wont win games. The second half was was long periods there for the taking. Our build-up work was patient, we created space but there's no firepower. Judge is simply not at the races. The lad is not tuned in ay all which is a shame because he has bags of talent. Faz throws all the right shapes but he'll not score many goals. After that we're depending on something happening from midfield and there's no Adam Hughes there anymore. We played some lovely football which was lovely to watch and I'm sure any neutral got their money's worth.
As Doc said the first was a very poor goal from a defencive point of view. We stood off and let Fenn score. Great goal from Bohs point of view. The second was a harch peno but Brennan put it away very well. The third, well the third was cruel, but then it's a cruel game!!
All in all the lads battled very well, we were playing the league leader and I don't think we were that far off the pace. We'll struggle in the goals scoring department but sure we know that anyway. And the old cliche rings true .... if you can't score goals you won't win games.

So it's Cup football next week against the auld enemy.
I think we'll get a result but it will be a replay in a packed Showgrounds. Yes our season hangs on a balance and this is a must win for the Bit O Red. With July coming we need to sign a goalscorer but to do that we'll need to offload. I'm sure Kudozovic will be on his merry way as will Seamie. I'd like to see Judge go too, but we must stay in the cup first.

Knappagh Red
31/05/2008, 4:14 PM
Two points from eighteen against Pats, Bohs and Drogs says a lot. We need our best eleven fit and performing 100% to compete with the rich clubs. With the club in trouble financially it was poignant to see that Westlife had given a grand in player sponsorship to a Dublin club with 45 million in the bank.

BohsPartisan
31/05/2008, 6:13 PM
You played very well alright lads and the scoreline completely flattered us but thats the way we've been playing. Score - then sit back and soak it up and counter attack.
Here's my bloggy bit on it:
Thinking of a song for Killian Brennan. (http://obsessed.ie/2008/05/31/thinking-of-a-song-for-killian-brennan/)

clubman
31/05/2008, 10:09 PM
Two points from eighteen against Pats, Bohs and Drogs says a lot. We need our best eleven fit and performing 100% to compete with the rich clubs. With the club in trouble financially it was poignant to see that Westlife had given a grand in player sponsorship to a Dublin club with 45 million in the bank.

Yea, that was pointed out to me today in the pub while I enjoyed a cool drink. Sad really when you see the embarassing read our own player sponsorship page is in our program. I'm thinking that we have great supporters of the bit o red related to one of the lads in westlife (father and son actually sat behind me last night) yet the club can't get the chaps to bung us a few euro.

SligoBrewer
31/05/2008, 10:53 PM
Yea, that was pointed out to me today in the pub while I enjoyed a cool drink. Sad really when you see the embarassing read our own player sponsorship page is in our program. I'm thinking that we have great supporters of the bit o red related to one of the lads in westlife (father and son actually sat behind me last night) yet the club can't get the chaps to bung us a few euro.

Did Mark Feehily and Shane Filan not sponsor a youth team kit before?:rolleyes:
Please watch what you say. They did contribute to the Rovers cause.

redtildead
31/05/2008, 11:22 PM
I'm thinking that we have great supporters of the bit o red related to one of the lads in westlife (father and son actually sat behind me last night) yet the club can't get the chaps to bung us a few euro.

As you say they are great supporters, so maybe try and not single people out about it. Its no ones business who does or doesnt sponsor so try not to put it out for everyone to see on a public forum.

clubman
01/06/2008, 9:27 AM
Did Mark Feehily and Shane Filan not sponsor a youth team kit before?:rolleyes:
Please watch what you say. They did contribute to the Rovers cause.

WOW!!!!
I forgot .............. apology to the lads, I'm embarrassed now.

I guess like all Rovers fans we live in "A world of our own" as we travel from "coast to coast" supporting the Rovers I guess you could say we are "flying without wings" as we sing to the players "you raise me up" and we can "swear it again" that we owe it all to "westlife". But as we "turnaround" and look what we've got I realise I'm no different that you as "I have a dream" that the Rovers some day will be "unbreakable" but it's the little things that worry me like Faz wanting to leave and I think "If I let you go" "I will miss you nights" and I reminess and think of the wonderful goals and I say that's "what makes a man"
and as he gestures to the supporters I'm thinks I love it "when you're looking like that" but "how does it feel" for you? As Johnny Chadda said "it's written in the stars" when we win games "against all odds". Being a Rovers fan has it's ups and downs and then there's Aine, my "bop, bop baby", "my love", "the queen of my heart", my "uptown girl", oh how I'd like to give her "the rose" ..... "love takes two".
But then I realise that I'm only a "fool again" a Rovers supporter and it's always a case of "us against the world" as I go back "home"

biscuit
01/06/2008, 10:27 AM
WOW!!!!

I guess like all Rovers fans we live in "A world of our own" as we travel from "coast to coast" supporting the Rovers I guess you could say we are "flying without wings" as we sing to the players "you raise me up" and we can "swear it again" that we owe it all to "westlife". But as we "turnaround" and look what we've got I realise I'm no different that you as "I have a dream" that the Rovers some day will be "unbreakable" but it's the little things that worry me like Faz wanting to leave and I think "If I let you go" "I will miss you nights" and I reminess and think of the wonderful goals and I say that's "what makes a man"
and as he gestures to the supporters I'm thinks I love it "when you're looking like that" but "how does it feel" for you? As Johnny Chadda said "it's written in the stars" when we win games "against all odds". Being a Rovers fan has it's ups and downs and then there's Aine, my "bop, bop baby", "my love", "the queen of my heart", my "uptown girl", oh how I'd like to give her "the rose" ..... "love takes two".
But then I realise that I'm only a "fool again" a Rovers supporter and it's always a case of "us against the world" as I go back "home"

your some clown:rolleyes:

CharlesThompson
01/06/2008, 11:05 AM
your some clown:rolleyes:

:D

That made me laugh out loud!

forza rovers
01/06/2008, 1:33 PM
WOW!!!!

But then I realise that I'm only a "fool again" a Rovers supporter and it's always a case of "us against the world" as I go back "home"can u get any more puns into the sentence.

Rovers1
01/06/2008, 2:56 PM
WOW!!!!

oh jesus christ :rolleyes:

Red&White Rover
01/06/2008, 5:51 PM
I wish he'd go feck off into a world of his own.

RedRebel32
01/06/2008, 6:32 PM
who are we to demand money off anybody,it should always be voluntary and if you want them to contribute approach them i'm sure they would be more than happy to talk to any rovers fan,have met shane and mark myself and are grand lads!they did contribute in the past.i dont see elder members of the club lambasting imelda henry for her lack of support now its not election time!

would be great for the lads to get involved,but making jibes is not the way to go about things,just makes ya look like a **** on the net