PDA

View Full Version : How good is Birdy?

Paddser
07/08/2003, 9:35 PM
Is he the best striker in the league at present?

Dodge
08/08/2003, 8:09 AM
I (and most Pats fans) think so, most of the league doesn't. He's joint top scorer though and is the main reason we're in the top 3. His work rate is phenomenal, he's the best header of the ball I've ever seen play for Pats, his finishing is sperb and he plays to the crowd too...

Easily our player of the season...

eoinh
08/08/2003, 11:24 AM
i think hes up there with o'flynn, a very impressive player!

Where did he come from?

Dodge
08/08/2003, 11:40 AM
He started with Cardiff and was a hero for them scoring twice against Standerd Liege. Was let go, went to barry Town and scored 42 goals in his only full season there. Onwards to Swansea and then Kidderminster where he wasn't great.

Last season he played left wing for us and wasn't greta but this year he's been nothing short of sensational

Schumi
08/08/2003, 1:17 PM
He did well against us last night, good goal. He was getting far too much service from Pats' left though.

tiktok
08/08/2003, 3:26 PM
he's definitely right up there, worrying thing for the rest of the league is that he seems to be getting better.

he's definitely the most coinsistent in the league this season.

wws
12/08/2003, 10:24 AM
best player in the league, no question about that

Ringo
12/08/2003, 3:49 PM
See he's out for the cup match on Friday.:D

wws
13/08/2003, 10:46 AM
yeah

he didnt play in the other two games we beat you in this season either! ;)

Counting Crow
20/08/2003, 10:07 PM
He certainly seems to be a good buy for you guys.

But let's be fair our Flynny has now proved himself at international level as well as LoI level ..............3 goals in 4 U-21 Internationals .......even you guys have to give credit where credit is due and admire that level of performance.

Flynnyis a God down south , not just for his goals but his overall energy, commitment and skill level.

Unfortuanyely it is unlikely that we will be able to keep from the English vultures.

Should be a good game in two weeks time.

Are there many of you travelling?

The atmosphere last Friday vs the Scum was just electric.

wws
21/08/2003, 9:33 AM
no idea how manys goin we've the bohs game and a cup final to think about first

Éanna
22/08/2003, 1:13 AM
I think he's a very handy player, always threatening, but Flynn and Crowe are better. On form he's the best around, but all in all the other two are better. Its kinda weird how he's crept up the goalscoring charts without anyone really noticing!!

Dodge
22/08/2003, 8:55 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
I think he's a very handy player, always threatening, but Flynn and Crowe are better. On form he's the best around, but all in all the other two are better. Its kinda weird how he's crept up the goalscoring charts without anyone really noticing!!
By which you mean nobody in Cork... he's scored against practically everyone else

wws
22/08/2003, 9:20 AM
he's scored against cork too