PDA

View Full Version : Limerick V Cork idea

Jofspring
28/05/2008, 9:45 AM
Just an idea but what would be the chances of Limerick getting the heineken cup trophy at this match?? If it was possible then Limerick could advertise that people could have there picture taken with the trophy and that they could just see it in general. This would appeal alot to fans from both teams and to the general public and i think it would help draw in an even bigger crowd for the match.

galah
28/05/2008, 11:08 AM
dont tink it would draw much in the way of an extra crowd but it would be a great idea to have it paraded at half time ....

joeSoap
28/05/2008, 11:12 AM
12 of the starting 15 will be gone on tour. The other three will be gone on holidays. Half the Magners Squad will be on tours as well.

Jofspring
28/05/2008, 11:39 AM
i think alot of parents might come along with there kids etc.... cause it will be a great chance for pics with the trophy and also they get a match in.

KevB76
28/05/2008, 12:29 PM
Nice idea, the key being to advertise the fact it would be there.

They brought the Heineken Cup around the ground at the Gavin & Millie charity match a couple of years back but there were only about 50 people there.

Denis The Red
28/05/2008, 2:10 PM
Good idea, but I don't know if it'll happen. Would the Limerick hurlers have paraded the Liam McCarthy cup had they won it last year, doubt it.
What do the Cork fans think? I know this affects you as well as this is Munster derby or could you care less.

ramsfan
28/05/2008, 2:24 PM
they could bring it to turners cross in 2 weeks as well so not an issue

Jofspring
28/05/2008, 3:10 PM
i think the fact that it is a match between two munster teams that it would interest both sets of fans and not just the home support. it wouldn't be a case of them parading it around the pitch either, it would just be on display and give fans who might not get a chance to see it to see it. i think it would appeal to alot of people who might be lookin for that extra reason to get them up to Jackman. The crowds have seriously been dropping recently and just the fact that its a cup match against cork doesn't mean it will guarantee a big crowd so If having the heineken cup there gets even a small few more people in the gate then i think its definately worth considering finding out about.

The last time munster won the heineken cup they brought it to loads of different pubs, clubs and schools etc... to let the fans have look at it and have a picture with it so i don't see why they wouldn't bring it to jackman park for fans of two munster teams to see if it isn't already schedueled to be somewhere else that is.

razor
28/05/2008, 3:23 PM
What do the Cork fans think? I know this affects you as well as this is Munster derby or could you care less.I couldn't care less about some rugby cup but i'll be coming down anyway.
We could bring the FAI Cup if you like.

Denis The Red
28/05/2008, 3:48 PM
We could bring the FAI Cup if you like.
Well aren't we the cocky ones. Actually I wouldn't mind seeing the fai cup along with the Heineken.

harpin
29/05/2008, 8:07 AM
I couldn't care less about some rugby cup

Agreed

Let them have their biffs and their fancy new stadium:confused:

starbar
29/05/2008, 8:14 AM
its the only cup limerick will parade this year:D:D:D

Denis The Red
29/05/2008, 12:41 PM
Agreed

Let them have their biffs and their fancy new stadium:confused:

Forget you lot so, Waterford are in Munster too.

gael353
29/05/2008, 12:50 PM
its the only cup limerick will parade this year:D
my sides :rolleyes:i believe this will be the only cup won in "limerick" in all codes for the entire year

superhero
30/05/2008, 12:06 PM
Your wrong on that one, the Oscar Traynor Cup will be won by a Limerick team this year

Monkfish
31/05/2008, 11:39 PM
its the only cup limerick will parade this year:

Hey you could bring the wooden spoon you lot got beat with all season. :p