PDA

View Full Version : the Boy Roy for Chelski (purely speculation)

Royal rover
27/05/2008, 11:46 AM
Does anyone think there's a possibility of this - personally i couldn't see it just purely because of the other nominees mentioned so far

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/news.asp?n=32475

Duggie
27/05/2008, 11:51 AM
Does anyone think there's a possibility of this - personally i couldn't see it just purely because of the other nominees mentioned so far

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/news.asp?n=32475

not a hope
heard it mentioned on newstalk last night. think it was martin lipton saying that the only reason chelsea and kenyon would go for keane is to pip United from getting him after fergie leaves.

Jofspring
27/05/2008, 12:05 PM
not gunna happen

Morbo
27/05/2008, 12:28 PM
:D Some people really overestimate Keanes as a manager, no way is he good enough for a top 4 team, he did an ok job at Sunderland in that they survived albeit by spending more money than any of the teams below him and quite a lot of the teams above him too, hardly an achievement on par with the other contenders for the job

RiffRaff
27/05/2008, 12:49 PM
I think they are made for each other. A club with more money than sense and a manager who is capable of wasting huge amounts of money. Really hope this happens.

gaiscĂ­och
27/05/2008, 12:50 PM
:D Some people really overestimate Keanes as a manager, no way is he good enough for a top 4 team, he did an ok job at Sunderland in that they survived albeit by spending more money than any of the teams below him and quite a lot of the teams above him too, hardly an achievement on par with the other contenders for the job

While I agree with you on the statement on Keane and "the big our".
I find it hard to believe that some people still find time to give out about his signings. He had crap players in the squad he was left by our man Mick Mac.
Overall now I think the squad is 100 times better than when he toke over. In short bottom of the Championship to survival in the Premier league is not a bad feat buy and strech of the imagination.

If he did get the job I don't think Mourinho would be calling him a "Loser".... For obvious reasons.;):D

jebus
28/05/2008, 2:15 PM
While I agree with you on the statement on Keane and "the big our".
I find it hard to believe that some people still find time to give out about his signings. He had crap players in the squad he was left by our man Mick Mac.
Overall now I think the squad is 100 times better than when he toke over. In short bottom of the Championship to survival in the Premier league is not a bad feat buy and strech of the imagination.

If he did get the job I don't think Mourinho would be calling him a "Loser".... For obvious reasons.;):D

You're one of those guys who have a Roy Keane Shrine aren't you? In short, Roy has spent oodles of cash to turn Sunderland into Premier League relegation contenders. The majority of his buys have been flops, and the only major success he has had in the transfer market has been Andy 'I'll probably blow it next season' Reid. In short he isn't anywhere near the standard Chelsea should be looking at.

If Chelsea were taking a punt on an and upcoming British manager then Mark Hughes is the man for the job

gaiscĂ­och
28/05/2008, 2:46 PM
You're one of those guys who have a Roy Keane Shrine aren't you? In short, Roy has spent oodles of cash to turn Sunderland into Premier League relegation contenders. The majority of his buys have been flops, and the only major success he has had in the transfer market has been Andy 'I'll probably blow it next season' Reid. In short he isn't anywhere near the standard Chelsea should be looking at.

If Chelsea were taking a punt on an and upcoming British manager then Mark Hughes is the man for the job

He is no where near the standard Chelsea need I agree totally.
Craig Gordon, Kenwyne Jones, Phil Bardley, Carlos Edwards, Johnny Evans(loan), Richardson, Andy Reid and Micheal Chopra have all made an impact have they not.???? Have they survived or not? If he had not have spent all that cash they would have been in the same boat as Derby....

jebus
28/05/2008, 3:03 PM
He is no where near the standard Chelsea need I agree totally.
Craig Gordon, Kenwyne Jones, Phil Bardley, Carlos Edwards, Johnny Evans(loan), Richardson, Andy Reid and Micheal Chopra have all made an impact have they not.???? Have they survived or not? If he had not have spent all that cash they would have been in the same boat as Derby....

Carlos Edwards didn't play last year, Chopra is not up to it at Predmier level, Jones and Gordon were no brainers, Richardson out for most of the season (still not worth what they paid for him, Reid has done well, and Evans and Bardsley are hit and miss